: Oil Leak

RemaxAl
05-04-13, 07:53 PM
Hey Folks,
I picked up my ATS 2.0T AWD on Monday. It seems to have a small oil leak. No level change just "oil dots" on my garage floor. You smell it burning off the motor as well. Taking it in Monday morning. I haven't owned a GM in 25 years, love the car but very disappointed. Issues like this was the reason for me leaving in '88.
Has anyone had this issue?

AL

Bertha D Blues
05-04-13, 08:11 PM
Some ATS's with AWD had a transfer case oil line connection that was loose, allowing a leak. I didn't have a leak but my dealer checked the oil line anyway. There's a service bull item on it. Check with your dealer. Bert

RemaxAl
05-05-13, 12:15 AM
Thanks Bertha!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-05-13, 02:48 PM
Hey Folks,
I picked up my ATS 2.0T AWD on Monday. It seems to have a small oil leak. No level change just "oil dots" on my garage floor. You smell it burning off the motor as well. Taking it in Monday morning. I haven't owned a GM in 25 years, love the car but very disappointed. Issues like this was the reason for me leaving in '88.
Has anyone had this issue?

AL

Hello RemaxAl,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue! We are glad to hear you decided to choose a GM vehicle after25 years, especially a Cadillac :) I understand how this can be frustrating for you. Let us know how your dealership visit goes. We want to make sure you are satisfied with your vehicle!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

RemaxAl
05-06-13, 10:01 PM
Here we go! It's an oil leak, can't find where it's coming from. Put die in the oil, going to check it in a couple days!!! Not a happy camper.

ewired
05-07-13, 07:31 PM
Brand new car, full warranty....why don't you just bring it in?

RemaxAl
05-07-13, 10:35 PM
I did take it in. They put die in the oil. Going back in a couple of days to get it checked.

RemaxAl
05-17-13, 11:24 PM
Dealer had my car all week. Replaced rear main seal. All seems to be good. Here's to hoping.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-18-13, 09:52 AM
Dealer had my car all week. Replaced rear main seal. All seems to be good. Here's to hoping.

Hey RemaxAl,

I am happy to hear that your vehicle has been repaired by your dealership. I hope that has solved your problem with the oil leak. If it doesn’t then private message us and we would be more than happy to work with you about this concern. Thanks for giving us all an update!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Montesir
03-03-14, 07:35 AM
Hi.. Any update on the leak? Still there or gone? I'm facing the same issue.

Good morning, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile with your birthdate, vehicle owned, approximate location and time zone (Do you really live in London ?).

RemaxAl
03-03-14, 11:39 PM
Oil leak never returned ATS works great. Just a few rattles and squeaking brakes pretty good for a CHEV!

Montesir
03-11-14, 07:51 AM
We'll took my ATS to the dealer to check out the small oil leak. Dealer kept the car over the weekend. Oil was down to 50% when I turned in the car with 3000 km on the car. Got the car back yesterday. There is still an occasional smell of burning oil. I'm wondering if it's residue from the earlier leak. No leaks observed on the floor for now. The dealer didn't bother to top up despite having coverage for oil and basic service.

Will keep an eye on it for a few days and update.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-11-14, 12:19 PM
Oil leak never returned ATS works great. Just a few rattles and squeaking brakes pretty good for a CHEV!
Hello RemaxAL,

I am glad to hear that that the oil leak never returned and that your ATS is working great now! Thanks for keeping us updated! Please be sure to reach out to our Customer Care team in Canada if you have any future questions or concerns. I hope you are enjoying your ATS!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

We'll took my ATS to the dealer to check out the small oil leak. Dealer kept the car over the weekend. Oil was down to 50% when I turned in the car with 3000 km on the car. Got the car back yesterday. There is still an occasional smell of burning oil. I'm wondering if it's residue from the earlier leak. No leaks observed on the floor for now. The dealer didn't bother to top up despite having coverage for oil and basic service.

Will keep an eye on it for a few days and update.
Hello Montesir,

I apologize that your ATS is experiencing the same concern. I do see that you have mentioned kilometers in your post. Are you located outside the United States? I would be more than happy to direct you to the Customer Care team in your region to assist you further with this concern. Please don’t hesitate to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Montesir
03-11-14, 09:22 PM
Thanks Gregory. I went to the Cadillac dealer in kitchener Ontario today. He told me the smell would dissipate in a day or two as all the residual oil burns off. He also confirmed there was no need to top up at the moment. So I left the dealership quite unsure. Anyway my plan is too look out for any further leaks. Thanks for the help. If the need arises I will get in touch. In the meanwhile for the benefit of cadillac users I will revert with an update in a few days. I love the car it's such a potty that such a small issue has occurred that is causing such inconvenience. At the end of the day it's the customer experience both during and after sale.

ikireland
03-11-14, 10:12 PM
Thanks Gregory. I went to the Cadillac dealer in kitchener Ontario today. He told me the smell would dissipate in a day or two as all the residual oil burns off. He also confirmed there was no need to top up at the moment. So I left the dealership quite unsure. Anyway my plan is too look out for any further leaks. Thanks for the help. If the need arises I will get in touch. In the meanwhile for the benefit of cadillac users I will revert with an update in a few days. I love the car it's such a potty that such a small issue has occurred that is causing such inconvenience. At the end of the day it's the customer experience both during and after sale.

There would be no need to top up....50% is time until oil is broken down and requires changing essentially, not an oil level gauge in case that's what you where thinking.....?

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-12-14, 08:57 AM

Hello Montesir,

You are welcome! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Please keep us updated if the smell dissipates within a day or two. Keep us updated if you experience any further leaks as well. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. I will be sure to be on the lookout for your future updates or messages.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care