: Damnit, first oil change for the new 13 V, and an oil leak!

Zhariak
05-04-13, 05:07 PM
I feel like everytime something happens I come on here and create a thread... Sorry if I'm a whiny baby guys!

Anyways, took the new 13 V coupe in for it's first oil change. Turns out there's an engine oil leak.

I've been checking the oil regularly, no loss. I've done ~7,000kilometers since I got it. Park it in a garage, no oil dripping whatsoever, but they brought me in to the shop and showed it leaking. Gotta head back next week to get it checked out (no foreman, and no specific techs were on hand to play with it). It was leaking from somewhere above the plastic underbody cover, and spraying backwards.

Is this one of those good old fashioned regular issues amongst V owners? Should I be concerned with the work coming up for diagnosis?

Thnx in advance! :D

flatrockguy
05-04-13, 05:17 PM
Not an issue I'm aware of.

Trapspeed
05-04-13, 09:44 PM
I had one. Others have, too. It was a gasket I think. The replaced it under warranty...all is good.

RapidRob
05-04-13, 10:12 PM
I had one also, when my V was new. Turned out to be a defective oil-pan gasket, replaced under warranty. No leaks since then ...

Rob

Zhariak
05-05-13, 12:05 AM
I had one. Others have, too. It was a gasket I think. The replaced it under warranty...all is good.

I had one also, when my V was new. Turned out to be a defective oil-pan gasket, replaced under warranty. No leaks since then ...

Rob

How crazy is the procedure to do this? Will it be fairly straight forward, or will they have to rip the vehicle apart? lol

Trapspeed
05-05-13, 07:46 AM
They had to drop some large pieces in the suspension to get to it but it went back together just fine. I think they had to align the front end, too. Really a painless operation.

JFJr
05-05-13, 10:14 AM
Happened to me also. Must have been a batch of defective gaskets.

Jud

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-05-13, 03:24 PM

Rob

Hi RapidRob,

Glad to hear your issue was replaced under warranty and that your vehicle has not had any leaks since then. We hope you are enjoying your Cadillac!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

----------

Hi Trapspeed,

I am glad to hear your issue was resolved and the fix was replaced under warranty! I hope you are enjoying your Cadillac as you should :)

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Zhariak
05-05-13, 05:11 PM
w00t,

Found the leak. Hard as shit to see in to the engine area, but found it's one of those hoses where the hose meats the metal part of a pipe. Just drove the vehicle for a long time (and it's a hot day today), and it's not actively leaking (weird)...

But did spot the oil on the joint or whatever it's called where a metal pipe connects to a flexible hose.

Do these hoses carry Engine oil, or would this be some type of coolant?

And just to give you an idea of where this is, below is a video to show where the cam angle came from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igPY7Jhuz8

In the vid, out of the row of 3 hoses it's the middle one (as circled in yellow in the pic).

I'm hoping since it's the hose joint metal thingy, they won't have to rip everything apart... lol

Zhariak
05-05-13, 11:06 PM
Can anyone confirm what that hose is for?

thebigjimsho
05-06-13, 10:42 AM
It meats the metal.

----------

BTW, the oil pan gasket was replaced on my '09, too...

Zhariak
05-06-13, 01:42 PM
It meats the metal.

----------

BTW, the oil pan gasket was replaced on my '09, too...

It's a MEATY vehicle ;) hahaha I'm finding myself making more and more typos these days. Just for the record, I can spell :) hahaha

I actually booked the vehicle today over the phone for tomorrow, mentioned to my service adviser what I saw. Said it "sounds like something something inlet", if that's the case it should be an easy fix...

God I love my dealership. :) It's a far drive, and there's 2 that are wayyyyy closer. But they are the only ones I trust in Calgary!

Zhariak
05-07-13, 03:47 PM
Well,

Turns out it's my crank-shaft seal. I guess it's a fairly simple process to fix this up... Unfortunately they had to order in the bolt for the pulley from the US since it's a one time set and use kinda thingy.

Either way, I'm happy it's a fairly simple procedure!

The guys rock at my dealership! :D

AKA ZR1
05-07-13, 11:26 PM
Well,

Turns out it's my crank-shaft seal. I guess it's a fairly simple process to fix this up... Unfortunately they had to order in the bolt for the pulley from the US since it's a one time set and use kinda thingy.

Either way, I'm happy it's a fairly simple procedure!

The guys rock at my dealership! :D

What dealer do you use in Calgary? I always seem to have a a little oil on the bottom of my pan, never enough to drip but still small leak somewhere.

Just hate some of these dealers working on my car sounds like you've had good luck though.

Jason

Zhariak
05-07-13, 11:44 PM
What dealer do you use in Calgary? I always seem to have a a little oil on the bottom of my pan, never enough to drip but still small leak somewhere.

Just hate some of these dealers working on my car sounds like you've had good luck though.

Jason

I buy all my vehicles and service them all at CMP Auto in the north... It's far from where I live (I'm in S.E. in McKenzie Towne area) but the trip is worth it... The staff at CMP are honest, easy and great to work with, etc...

Nothing but good things to say about them...