: PDF shop manuals on CD Rom, any good?

gold01ca
05-04-13, 08:24 AM
Just wondering if the scan quality on the CD Rom manuals is good enough or if the hard copy manual is the recommended way to go?
What has been your experience?

Thanks!

gold01ca
05-06-13, 06:53 AM
No one have any experience with FSM on CD?

talismandave
05-06-13, 08:41 AM
I am sorry about not responding. I meant to but read it on my mobile app and since it never came up again when I logged on to forum I forgot. Thanks for bumping the thread to remind me.

First thing I bought was the CD ROM manual. It was the exact same thing as the print and worked fine. Perhaps it is an age thing but I am not as comfortable on the computer as most and while I still use it too plan ahead projects from my living room and easily print pages to take to the car, I could not use it as my only manual. I bought a print version off of Amazon am much more comfortable with it. I have even picked up a second one so I can have one in the home and one in the car. I don't think either cost me more than $15 including shipping. I tried several different searches on both Amazom and Ebay to find a cheap one. Sometimes the first term will take you to the auto section, where they always seem to be more expensive. To a book dealer they are a hard to find a buyer item. One of mine looks like it was submerged and it is twice as thick as the other but makes a great one to get dirty!

gold01ca
05-06-13, 09:05 PM
Thanks Dave for your input, appreciated!

Rockhead261
05-07-13, 11:33 AM
Just ordered mine a couple of days ago. I went with the CD because it's searchable; should save a ton of time looking for obscure things like "fiber optic tail lamp indicator", etc. This'll be my first foray with non-print manuals, so I'll be sure to let you know.

Dirtywaterdiver
05-07-13, 05:53 PM
It's great. If I could zip it I'd send you my copy.

best way to use it is to print out the page you need to work on, then bring it to the garage.

gold01ca
05-08-13, 08:04 PM
I'm sold on the CD shop manual.
Next question, cheapest place to buy (that ships to Canada)?

Thank you all.