: Acceleration Noise

LiquidTrader
05-04-13, 02:34 AM
Every time I am at a stop and try to accelerate fast I hear this sound as if the shifter is not in proper gear or something. I can feel it in the shifter too. Once I release the accelerator and don't press so fast it will go without issue. But if I press it. I hear it going clicking sound

Any thoughts?

1BadCadSTS
05-04-13, 05:49 AM
Sounds like the tcase chain.

Your description is rather vague though.

LiquidTrader
05-04-13, 10:01 PM
I hear this chugging sound. Whenever I press down to accelerate fast. And it will not go unless I release the pedal a bit for a slower acceleration.

I just hear this repetitive sound as if the gear is not in gear all the way. And the sound I can feel in the shifter.

I don't know how else to describe it

RobM
05-04-13, 10:42 PM
I'm searching the forum for information on acceleration noise as the 2008 SRX we purchased in March has a "growl" upon acceleration. It can't be heard until after the engine warms up and is louder upon hard acceleration. Goosing the engine at a stop in neuteral does not produce the noise. Had the dealer check the noise but they stated the noise they heard was normal for the V6. It only has 25,200 miles on it and is under the certified warranty until July, so I need info to take to the service department. Anbody have any ideas?

EChas3
05-04-13, 10:55 PM
2008 SRX has little in common with the STS. Take it to a different dealer.

1BadCadSTS
05-05-13, 12:21 AM
2008 SRX has little in common with the STS. Take it to a different dealer.

Chassis is different but driveline is identical. Same motor same tranny same tcase same diffs.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-05-13, 12:27 PM
Every time I am at a stop and try to accelerate fast I hear this sound as if the shifter is not in proper gear or something. I can feel it in the shifter too. Once I release the accelerator and don't press so fast it will go without issue. But if I press it. I hear it going clicking sound

Any thoughts?

Hello LiquidTrader,

I am sorry you are experiencing an acceleration noise issue with your vehicle. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please private message me your contact information, VIN and current mileage. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

LiquidTrader
05-05-13, 03:19 PM
Thank you

I've been having nothing but issues since purchasing this vehicle.

EChas3
05-05-13, 04:48 PM
Chassis is different but driveline is identical. Same motor same tranny same tcase same diffs.

I thought the the 2008 3.6 SRX shared similarities with the 2008 V6 STS, not engine or trans with prior STS. Sorry if I was wrong. The one I once drove as a loaner had the smaller V6.

1BadCadSTS
05-05-13, 05:12 PM
I thought the the 2008 3.6 SRX shared similarities with the 2008 V6 STS, not engine or trans with prior STS. Sorry if I was wrong. The one I once drove as a loaner had the smaller V6.

You are correct. I missed the fact the srx owner had the V6. STS got the di motor in 08 while the srx continued with the non di motor through the 1st gen body (2009).

EChas3
05-05-13, 07:02 PM
I was even further off-base. I drove a 2nd gen SRX with the smaller V6. It's attractive but the interior uses space poorly for its exterior size, seems underpowered and requires premium gas for all that. I couldn't believe it had much in common with an STS. It must have been a 2009 or 2010.

B1n2fra
05-06-13, 08:28 AM
I've read that the srx sts and cts first and second generation all shared similar If not the same frame.

----------

I've read that the srx sts and cts first and second generation all shared similar If not the same frame.

Specifications of the 2008 Cadillac SRX Cadillac introduced its car-based SUV, the SRX, for the 2004 model-year. The Cadillac SRX is built on General Motors' Sigma platform, the same chassis that underpins the Cadillac CTS and STS sedans. The release of the SRX gave Cadillac its first mid-size sport utility offering in the company's history.

Read more: Cadillac Specifications - How To Information | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/cadillac-specifications/#ixzz2SVyvHluu

Tearsuvscarlet
05-09-13, 08:37 PM
The same thing happens in my '06 STS, V6. In both Drive and sport mode, only when taking off from the line at a dead stop, give it the full beans and you get a ga-ga-ga sound before forward movement. If I'm already cruising and I punch it, everything is good. I'm assuming it's not a REAL problem, since during normal operation and driving conditions there are no symptoms. Maybe it's just the transmission having a hard time trying to catch up to the engine at first, or the limited slip differential? It's a fancy sounding word that has slip in it, and the noise kind of makes me think of gears that are not catching properly, or slipping, but I've honestly no idea how that diff works, so I'm just trying to sound smart.

LiquidTrader
05-10-13, 02:00 PM
The same thing happens in my '06 STS, V6. In both Drive and sport mode, only when taking off from the line at a dead stop, give it the full beans and you get a ga-ga-ga sound before forward movement. If I'm already cruising and I punch it, everything is good. I'm assuming it's not a REAL problem, since during normal operation and driving conditions there are no symptoms. Maybe it's just the transmission having a hard time trying to catch up to the engine at first, or the limited slip differential? It's a fancy sounding word that has slip in it, and the noise kind of makes me think of gears that are not catching properly, or slipping, but I've honestly no idea how that diff works, so I'm just trying to sound smart.

Exactly!

I do think its an underlining issue. And a start of or is a real problem though.

orange57
05-10-13, 06:39 PM
Check your motor mounts and your diff bushing. If you Google STS diff bushing replacement there is a good diy write up that a member here did.

LiquidTrader
05-11-13, 09:55 PM
Check your motor mounts and your diff bushing. If you Google STS diff bushing replacement there is a good diy write up that a member here did.

What kind of cost is this?

orange57
05-11-13, 10:37 PM
What kind of cost is this?

Depends on if you DIY or take it to the shop. The stock Diff bushing is garbage, and I think book time is like 10 hours to replace it. Creative Steel makes a heavy duty bushing and rents a tool that allows you to replace it with the diff still in the car.

Motor mounts are around $125 each, IIRC. Not sure what shop charges for time on these.

curtc
05-12-13, 12:08 AM
Motor mounts are around $125 each, IIRC. Not sure what shop charges for time on these.

I had my front driver side replaced and IIRC book time was about 3.5 hours. Think I paid $150 for the mount.