: 2013 CTSV Dyno...Only mod is an airaid intake, no tune.

2013CTSV
05-04-13, 01:03 AM
What's going on guys got my car dynoed today. Has about 700 miles on it with an airaid intake & that is all, no tune or anything else. Unfortunately I do not have a baseline because well I was to excited when I got the intake so I put it on right away. The shop I dynoed at had a stock one on it the week before and it made 473whp stock. So I would like to assume that my car would land in the 470-480whp range as well in stock form on this places dyno.

The results are pretty crazy to me and had me in total shock....is the stock intake airbox that terrible on these cars? The dyno operator was absolutely amazing by these results.

Kmajecki
05-04-13, 07:22 AM
Manual trans?

austin
05-04-13, 07:41 AM
Manual trans?

I was just going to suggest that! It most certainly looks in par with manual transmission numbers.

2013CTSV
05-04-13, 11:13 AM
I dont know if thats par or not to be honest, im still learning and researching a ton. I was just very happy to see over 500whp on virtually stock car. YEs its manual.

HUGN*RDS
05-04-13, 11:27 AM
The emissions of a car are directly related to the amount of intake air being mixed and combusted. As a result of GM's testing for emissions in all 50 states, they had economy in mind in addition to performance. While the performance is decent and the stock intake flows enough for the 475whp mark, the engine can suck up a lot more air, obviously, and increase it's output now that there is more input. nice numbers, man!

Prdnme
05-07-13, 03:44 PM
Nothing abnormal there. Looking at the temp and humidity, the motor was in its "happy place". Was the motor cool?

On a warmer day, and a warmed up motor, you will be in the 480-500rwhp range.

M5eater
05-07-13, 03:46 PM
agreed. Mine dynoed 502/506 in 90 ambient with an airaid.

2013CTSV
05-07-13, 03:52 PM
Nothing abnormal there. Looking at the temp and humidity, the motor was in it's "happy place". Was the motor cool?

On a warmer day, and a warmed up motor, you will be in the 480-500rwhp range.

Na the motor was fairly warm. The 2 dyno runs with the tq shown are actually after the car had just done 2 pulls. The 4 pulls total were done in a 3-5 minute span never giving the car the chance to cool down. Car was on the entire time too. My peak numbers which was the first run the car made 524whp. Either way im still unbelieveable happy with the results.

Prdnme
05-07-13, 04:10 PM
Na the motor was fairly warm. The 2 dyno runs with the tq shown are actually after the car had just done 2 pulls. The 4 pulls total were done in a 3-5 minute span never giving the car the chance to cool down. Car was on the entire time too. My peak numbers which was the first run the car made 524whp. Either way im still unbelieveable happy with the results.

Good stuff! These cars love cold air. And with that, you have to be careful. On a 94 degree day, my car dynoed, 555rwhp with a 2.5, CAI and a tune. On a 48 degree day, and a "cool" motor, the car made 618 rwhp and maxed out the injectors at 5K rpm. Nothing changed, just air.

2013CTSV
05-07-13, 04:32 PM
Yup yup, air will certainly do that. Cant wait to get all the necessary cooling mods and run some e85 and make some pow pow :)