: Thump or popping noise in right rear of new 2013 V Sedan

dccaddyv
05-03-13, 08:14 PM
I am hearing an intermittent popping noise in the right rear of my new V. Haven't been able to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. Has anyone else on the forum experienced this kind of noise? I have checked the seat belt tensioners and the battery area in the trunk and have not found anything loose that could make the noise. Any suggestions?

Trapspeed
05-03-13, 09:26 PM
Popping, yes. I used to get a random pop from the right rear wheel more often when the car's weight shifted while under moderate braking or accelerating from stop. Turned out to need a hub. Replaced and all better.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-13, 10:41 PM
I am hearing an intermittent popping noise in the right rear of my new V. Haven't been able to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. Has anyone else on the forum experienced this kind of noise? I have checked the seat belt tensioners and the battery area in the trunk and have not found anything loose that could make the noise. Any suggestions?

Hello dccaddyv,

I am sorry for this popping noise you are experiencing. If you would like help, please private message me. Include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. I can address your concerns and see where we can go from there!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

ddivinia
05-06-13, 02:05 PM
Loose battery?

flatrockguy
05-06-13, 03:27 PM
I get thump noise when I go over sharp bumps and checked everything but I failed to check the battery. ddivinia I have to look at that..

dccaddyv
05-06-13, 10:44 PM
Loose battery?

I have checked the battery, it's solid as a rock! What could I be missing?
Thanks

Most often I hear it when making a turn....left or right.