: Exhaust

donavo
05-03-13, 03:09 PM
my ATS is a lease. im wondering if an exhaust will void warranty or have problems when i go in for my oil changes. will they note that i have an aftermarket exhaust and give me problems? any input would be greatly appreciated

ps: there is no way to do a bolt on exhaust without bypassing the cat. the only option is to cut and weld right after the cat. there are absolutely no flanges anywhere after the cat.

Stevo Supremo
05-03-13, 04:54 PM
No it wont give you any issues, maybe if the O2 sensor goes out they could blame it on you monkeying on it trying to get it off, but Exhaust work wont void anything.

If you go catless though I'd advise popping the stock DP back on when you go in for work.

donavo
05-03-13, 05:34 PM
UPDATE!: just talked to my dealer. they said that there wont be any issues at all if i change the exhaust. they even recomended Borla because it does all the GM performance exhausts and their warranty is as good as the manufacturer. i was planning to go with magnaflow though....

Stevo Supremo
05-03-13, 07:25 PM
magnaflow sounds like shit (on 4 cyl anyways) GMPP, Borla, and Corsa all sound great. Or just straight pipe it haha!

donavo
05-04-13, 09:59 PM
what do u guys think? muffler delete or get a diff muffler (borla)?
im not sure how a 4 cylinder sounds with mufflers. since ive never had a 4 cylinder b4.

huna
05-04-13, 11:27 PM
To me, no muffler is going too far. I'll refrain from making any derogatory comments about the guys in my neighborhood who do that. :-)

donavo
05-04-13, 11:33 PM
To me, no muffler is going too far. I'll refrain from making any derogatory comments about the guys in my neighborhood who do that. :-)

no i completely agree with the obnoxious ricer crap is horrid. i was assuming it wouldnt b loud or obnoxious though since it has a center resonator. this was a recommendation from a shop that i frequent. and they share my views on loud exhausts [sounding terrible and obnoxious]

Fraggy
05-05-13, 12:19 AM
UPDATE!: just talked to my dealer. they said that there wont be any issues at all if i change the exhaust. they even recomended Borla because it does all the GM performance exhausts and their warranty is as good as the manufacturer. i was planning to go with magnaflow though....

Is there an ATS specific application? I don't know if I would put just any ol muffler on it and hope for the best.

Rozay619
05-08-13, 07:20 PM
I have my exhaust done. Here is the Thread i started a while back. Went with a magnaflow muffler, the car almost sounds like the 350z or infiniti G35 now. I really enjoy the exhaust note!! Def. not a rice rocket sound either!!! :)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-technical-discussion-forum/282021-exhaust-work.html

donavo
05-09-13, 12:52 AM
just finished my exhaust. it came out freaking amazing. so much better than expected. i went with full catback, no resonator. 2 magnaflow mufflers. heres the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL0qn9iyNb4

donavo
05-09-13, 10:50 AM
What's the factory exhaust diamater? 2.5"?

Yup. 2.5

Rozay619
05-09-13, 12:00 PM
Sounds Good!! What model magnaflow mufflers did you use?

donavo
05-09-13, 06:30 PM
dont have the model number on hand
but i gotta tell you im very happy with this setup. i wanted a resonator at first, but the shop said theyll do it without a resonator, see if i like it, and then put a resonator in. i am SO glad they didnt do a resonator. in fact, i wish it was slightly louder. it sounds loud in the vid but in reality its a perfect volume if not a hair too quiet. and i hate loud exhausts. especially on a classy girl like kathy (cadillac->caddi->kathy).

the shop did a remarkable job making it look prefessional and stock. the tips are almost exactly as the stock ones just a little bit bigger. i didnt want to cut the stock tips off from the stock exhaust. less weld marks when i turn the car in after the lease.