: Android phone notifications

r34220
05-03-13, 02:37 PM
Is there a way to have Android audio notifications play though the CUE regardless of the current source of the audio playing? Or any of the phone's audio. So if you're listening to the radio and a android notification comes the current audio playing on the CUE would mute for the notification audio then resume?

jamboarder
05-03-13, 03:33 PM
As far as I can tell, CUE will mix audio between two CUE apps (like Nav and Audio). Audio sources within the Audio app appear to be mutually exclusive (Radio, CD, SD, Bluetooth, etc.).

I'll hear the phone notifications if I'm listening to music/streaming on my Android phone via the Bluetooth media source - but that's the phone doing the audio mixing and transmitting it over Bluetooth.

r34220
05-03-13, 06:44 PM
As far as I can tell, CUE will mix audio between two CUE apps (like Nav and Audio). Audio sources within the Audio app appear to be mutually exclusive (Radio, CD, SD, Bluetooth, etc.).

I'll hear the phone notifications if I'm listening to music/streaming on my Android phone via the Bluetooth media source - but that's the phone doing the audio mixing and transmitting it over Bluetooth.

If I am playing music from the phone I can hear the notifications as well. I would like to have hear them when the phone is not using Bluetooth with a media source.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-03-13, 06:45 PM
Is there a way to have Android audio notifications play though the CUE regardless of the current source of the audio playing? Or any of the phone's audio. So if you're listening to the radio and a android notification comes the current audio playing on the CUE would mute for the notification audio then resume?

Hello r34220,

If your source is on your phone, the CUE system will mute for the notification and then resume. If you are listening to the radio and not connected through your phone, the CUE system will not mute when your phone receives any message because the phone is not connected through your car.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

handymantoo
05-04-13, 08:27 PM
When using navigation on my android phone and connected to CUE the audio is muted on the phone as it is sending audio through bluetooth but there is no voice through the CUE system. Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-05-13, 03:45 PM
When using navigation on my android phone and connected to CUE the audio is muted on the phone as it is sending audio through bluetooth but there is no voice through the CUE system. Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Hello handymantoo,

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues. If you contact the CUE/Infotainment center, they should be able to assist you. They can be reached at 855-428-3669, hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST. If you would like me to reach out to them for you, I am more than happy to do this for you and get back with you once I have an answer. Please let me know by private message so I an communicate back and forth with you easier.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service