: New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings

CADZLA RETURNS
05-03-13, 11:47 AM
It's official - Ed Hutchings damaged my motor. Three cylinders are low in compression and the plugs are seeing oil. This is what happens when an incompetent tuner pushes a stock bottom end LSA with stock head bolts with 23psi, IAT2s at 190+, 12.1 AFR and 19 degrees of timing. live and learn i guess . I was considering going with the GM 376LSX B15 but heard that the forged internals are generic . Also was considering a 408 long block from Texas Speed or a Jess Bubbs 434LSX.
But decided to have my motor rebuilt with forged internals . I'll have it sleeved as well.
Cheers!

cblove
05-03-13, 07:16 PM
Removed

Lol at the title :)

thebigjimsho
05-03-13, 09:05 PM
wha happun?

Random84
05-03-13, 09:32 PM
Someone second-guessing the internet call-out? :D

cruiser68
05-03-13, 09:40 PM
Dude's filled with a lot of hate :(

CADZLA RETURNS
05-04-13, 11:07 PM
Someone second-guessing the internet call-out? :D

Nope! I'll continue to call out Eddie in hopes of preventing guys of going through what I did .
I wish I could have warned Mr. Hoffman in time . He trusted Ed with his new ZL1 with less than 1k miles and Ed blew up the motor the third pass down the track. This is one of many failures that Hutchings has caused .

Chrispy
05-05-13, 10:55 PM
This is what happens when an incompetent tuner pushes a stock bottom end LSA with stock head bolts with 23psi, IAT2s at 190+, 12.1 AFR and 19 degrees of timing.

--------

Sweet honorable Jesus...

edcmat-l1
05-06-13, 11:12 AM
Chuck Leader. A known liar, thief and internet stalker. Funny how your engine was fine, was not low on compression 8 months ago when I tuned it, but it is now, and it's still my fault.

When does it end Chuck? When do you act like an adult and accept responsibility for your own actions? You wanted to make 700 rwhp. Your heads lifted. So slightly you accused me of misdiagnosing your car, and costing you money. Your head gaskets looked perfect. You said so yourself. You choose to replace them, even after myself and the shop owner advised you not to, and to just put ARPs in it. You decided to do the gaskets.

You claim you only wanted "a safe tune" yet you show up with race gas, and 3 pulleys. Not only that, multiple people heard you say you wanted to make 700 rwhp "so the guys on cts-v owners can kiss my ass!"

You claim I am money hungry, yet I remove your blower when it breaks, and you never pay me a dime. You try and scam Whipple out of money. You try and scam TPIS out of money. You bounced a check to Frank. You canceled a check to me. But I'm the one that's money hungry.

I don't have "many" failures. I have tuned thousands of cars. Of course there's going to have some issues with some of them. That's just a matter of percentages. I know you can't understand that as there is no challenge in writing an insurance policy. That's so easy even girls do it.

You are mentally a child. Your mother must be so proud.

----------

Here's a good read for anyone who wants to spend the time. There are a couple people in here that were present when we were tuning Chuck's car.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562206

There's also some references to him asking me to lie for him, and some feedback from others who have done business with me, or who know me personally.

----------

The local shop I am working with now is great! They took their time between runs (like let it cool down for about an hour) didn't do WOT's right away (but rather pulls from 25-45, 25-65, 25-85, etc. before doing WOT's) They also pulled plugs and checked them. ALSO, they got me the same power (safer tune) with a stock ported 1.9 blower as Ed got with a 2.9 Whipple.

One of Chuck's post from the yellowbullet thread. So, there's a "new tuner" who got the same power with a stock blower, which obviously means it's been run on a dyno multiple times since I touched it. Yet it's still my fault.

We did a compression test when his heads "lifted" and all there was less than a 10 psi variance between all cylinders. The car has since been ran at least a few times on a dyno, the blower has been swapped to a smaller one, it makes more power, yet I'm the one responsible for the lower compression, 8 months later.

Anyone can see through this if they spend enough time to read his trash. He lies and then lies on top of the lies.

CADZLA RETURNS
05-06-13, 04:29 PM
Ed Hutchings aka Eddie (wants) Money. How about you taking responsibility for compromising my motor due to your negligence??!! Maybe if you would have been the least apologetic and didn't go spewing off to everyone that you were going to sue me for $300 I would have let this go. Maybe if you would have helped replace my head gaskets or possibly reduced your fee due to the damage you caused I would have moved on quietly. But you chose to insult me, blame me for the issues you caused. You even admitted the day after lifting my heads in a text "Yes, 23psi is kinda high. LOL". Yes, you included "LOL". This is really mature. I will be more than happy to post the screenshot on here for all to see. Or it can be seen at cadzla.com. You were well aware of the 23psi, the crazy high IAT2s, yet you continued to do back to back WOTs on the dyno until you pushed the motor so hard anti freeze was pouring out both sides of the motor (on a car that had less than 10k miles). I said we needed to bleed the heat exchanger because it wasn't done well enough after the whipple went back on. You ignored this request, telling me to leave you alone to do your job. I suggested larger upper pulley (after all you stated above that "he brought 3 pulleys with him") for less boost but you said it would be ok. There were a few guys there that saw what you did and said you were negligent. In fact, Frank told you that you're not allowed in his shop ever again after what you did to my car and the Mustang that you tuned (it left with less power than what it came in with). My car sat in my garage since last October. I did not have time to work on it, and it doesn't get driven during the winter months. I had it towed to the local shop two miles down the street. The first thing I asked them to do was a compression test. I wanted it done as I distinctly recall your reaction when you and Pat checked it after you lifted the heads. I saw you look at Pat and shrug your shoulders after you saw results of #8. It was like "oh shit". This has bothered me for the past several months. I knew you were lying to me when you said the compression was ok. I knew something was wrong. Even after I had the new gaskets and ARP studs installed and we dyno the next day, you kept saying "I am afraid, something is wrong. V's with less mods are making more power". So that is basically the last thing you said to me. Curtis was there and I believe Frank was as well and heard you state this. Now you deny damaging my motor??? Sure it's making power now, but it would be making 30-40HP more if three cylinders weren't compromised. There is a very obvious miss (like a misfire) at any cruising speed now, and it will only get worse. I have to have the motor rebuilt. Period. So don't deny what you did. All the guys at the shop saw how you pushed it, saw the results. I will be more than happy go give anyone the name and number of the shop owner, or the other guys that were present. I will also provide the contact information for all the guys who have contacted me since seeing my threads on various forums stating my experience with Ed Hutchings. All of them said that they would never work with Ed again. Some experienced some damage, other had failures (like the guy with the red turbo pickup that Ed tuned while here in Chicago last year. He called me two weeks after Ed tuned his trans and motor to let me know the trans blew up). Other guys simply were not happy with the amount of time Ed spent on their cars for the price he charged or had some minor issues. They used the services of another tuner and their issues were resolved. Bill Hoffman, from Maryland I believe trusted Ed with his brand new ZL1 and the third pass down the track Ed's negligence caused a piston or two to melt.
Regarding money hungry - I stopped your measly $300 check because your negligence caused damage to my car, costing me money. You did not offer to help pull the heads as you were too busy on your laptop searching for more clients (victims as I refer to them). I reissued a check to Frank as he overcharged me in error for the work that was done. Frank and I are good, always have been. Unlike you I am welcome at his shop any time. LOL. Whipple is a less than stand up company. My whipple failed twice due to poor workmanship or inferior parts. I simply asked Whipple to cover some of my expenses of having to remove the unit twice, ship it, and have it reinstalled twice. They reluctantly reimbursed me for the shipping cost for one of the times. So I didn't screw Whipple out of anything. The They cost me a lot of $ for a POS product that is no longer sold for the V2's as there is a known problem that has yet to be resolved. Everyone that bought a Whipple had problems with them busting. TPIS throttle body wasn't working well so I returned it for a full refund. No secret there. No problems there. Do a search and you'll find a lot of guys having issues with the TPIS. So what else do you have? Now back to you being money hungry. I have a text from you (I can post the screenshot) stating "$10,000 is nothing. I make that a month on Paypal doing tunes". How about the day after you lifted my heads you were screaming at me about paying you the balance of what I owed you "before your car goes back on the dyno". You were a raging psycho and your actions were witness by Curtis, Frank and a couple of the other guys. You were only concerned with $300, not the fact that you caused me extra expense by compromising my motor. You need to get the story straight.
I could care less about yellow bullet forum. There are a bunch of biased guys on that site that are more concerned with posting or viewing pictures of naked midgets than they are about anything serious that involves auto performance. I didn't expect a warm welcome from the guys as Ed Hutchings has been a member of the site for quite a while. Also there are NO members on there that were present the day Ed lifted the heads. Period. However, I did get the word out and was contacted by several guys regarding more details about my experience with Ed Hutchings. I know for a fact that I saved a few guys from working with Ed and possibly going through the expense and aggravation that I did. I have been contacted by a few more already because of this thread. I told my story and the guys can do what they want. Simple. I did recommend Jeremy Formato of Faster Proms and Mike Frumosso from New Era. To my knowledge both are excellent tuners that haven't blown a motor or trans. I have no reason to lie about my experience. I gain nothing personally. I only hope to warn others and possibly prevent them from going through what I did. I have emails, texts, witnesses, shop owner, guys at the new shop to back up everything I have stated. The competent tuner at the new shop will confirm what he saw on Ed's tunes. There was knock present on the first 3 or 4, then the one the day he lifted the heads, the AFR was too high and other parameters were way off too (something to do with not pulling enough timing at certain temps.) For the guys that worked with Ed and had great results, kudos to you. I am pleased that you had no issues. I am sure that Ed has tuned several cars and had no issues. If not, he wouldn't be in business today. For the guys that don't know Ed, never worked with him, never had him tune your vehicle, you have nothing to add here so please avoid doing so just to be ignorant.
Eddie disappeared from ctsvowners site once he couldn't take the heat anymore after causing damage to a few members V's (after tuning them during his trip to Chgo). It's simple go look and see the last time he posted.

PS - And to answer your question. It will never end. I will continue to warn everyone I can about my experience with you. If after telling guys about what I went through and they still want to work with you , then they can roll the dice. At least I'll feel like I did my part. I wish I could have warned Bill Hoffman in time. The guy in Jersey with the Turbo V2 thanked me several time for warning him.

smackdownCTSV
05-06-13, 05:11 PM
Holy wall of text!

CADZLA RETURNS
05-06-13, 06:02 PM
I know you can't understand that as there is no challenge in writing an insurance policy. That's so easy even girls do it.

You are mentally a child. Your mother must be so proud.

Bringing my career and mother into this? Seriously? Are you taking lessons from your buddy Keith Cring of KDI? You are classless and you are far from professional. Period. You have damaged your own reputation time and time again. You don't really need me to help.
I am very successful with my career. And I can sleep well at night. If my client has a problem or I make a mistake I am man enough to admit it and make it right. Something you obviously can't do.
Speaking of "girls" I probably should have pulled one from the street, gave her a laptop and had her tune my car. The end result couldn't have been any worse. :bigroll:

dqw1
05-06-13, 07:50 PM
I think you should post all the evidence you keep talking about.

blaine321
05-06-13, 09:47 PM
It's official - Ed Hutchings damaged my motor. Three cylinders are low in compression and the plugs are seeing oil. This is what happens when an incompetent tuner pushes a stock bottom end LSA with stock head bolts with 23psi, IAT2s at 190+, 12.1 AFR and 19 degrees of timing. live and learn i guess . I was considering going with the GM 376LSX B15 but heard that the forged internals are generic . Also was considering a 408 long block from Texas Speed or a Jess Bubbs 434LSX.
But decided to have my motor rebuilt with forged internals . I'll have it sleeved as well.
Cheers!

23 psi....? Non forged stock internals? ANYTIME you play with 23 psi with STOCK PISTONS that ARE NOT FORGED you are really really taking a chance of a fried motor. Its always 100% on the owner to tune a stock block at that high of power. A single misfire can grenade a stock piston at those boost levels. RIP pistons... they never had a chance. You fried the cheap pistons.

It sucks when it happens. And it happens to us all when you mod, but its a chance all HP junkies take. I've been threw about 5 blown motors on several different projects. Never is fun, but if your not prepared for the worst then you should stay stock.

You PAY to PLAY.

Only time a shop MIGHT pay for a blown motor is when they put the motor in with ALL THEIR recommended PARTS and they tuned it and it was discovered one of their parts caused the blown motor. Then maybe they'll take the bill.

On a side note: Still think its pretty silly they didn't put forged pistons in the LSA motor... they put them in the cheap Cobra motors since 2003.

baabootoo
05-07-13, 12:23 AM
BBB for the rest of us.

CJCTSV
05-07-13, 02:25 AM
It's laughable how much of an idiot you are cadzla.

Not one person on this board or the other board believes a word you say or trusts any of the crap you spew.

The problems you have are your own and are created by yourself in an effort to be something you aren't.

Move along folks... nothing to see here.

CADZLA RETURNS
05-07-13, 11:45 AM
----------

[/COLOR]
23 psi....? Non forged stock internals? ANYTIME you play with 23 psi with STOCK PISTONS that ARE NOT FORGED you are really really taking a chance of a fried motor. Its always 100% on the owner to tune a stock block at that high of power. A single misfire can grenade a stock piston at those boost levels. RIP pistons... they never had a chance. You fried the cheap pistons.

It sucks when it happens. And it happens to us all when you mod, but its a chance all HP junkies take. I've been threw about 5 blown motors on several different projects. Never is fun, but if your not prepared for the worst then you should stay stock.

You PAY to PLAY.

Only time a shop MIGHT pay for a blown motor is when they put the motor in with ALL THEIR recommended PARTS and they tuned it and it was discovered one of their parts caused the blown motor. Then maybe they'll take the bill.

On a side note: Still think its pretty silly they didn't put forged pistons in the LSA motor... they put them in the cheap Cobra motors since 2003.

Thanks for the feedback and your comments. Don't get me wrong and please don't misunderstand my intentions. I don't want, never did want Ed to pay for a new motor. I NEVER stated that anywhere. Hell, I didn't even demand that he pay any part of the expense of the heads being pulled, new gaskets and studs installed. I didn't even ask him to help with the labor, although it would have been great if he would have at least offered. I am just getting the word out of my experience with him and in general. I want guys to know they need to pay attention to what the tuner is doing, ask questions, make suggestions, etc. I suggested that we start out with lower boost, larger pulley (Ed states above he was well aware that I had three pulleys with me), but he said it would be ok. He knew I had 5 gallons of MS109, but he didn't suggest we use it. When I saw the 195+ IAT2s I insisted that we take a break and bleed the heat exchanger better. I suggested we wait longer between pulls to let it cool down more. All of my suggestions were shut down. I was told point blank "I know what I am doing. Let me do my job". The very next pull the antifreeze starting pouring out. I guess he didn't know what he was doing. And to make matters worse he lied to me about the compression being ok after he checked it. Three cylinders were down. This explains why he didn't push my car the next day on the dyno. He knew that damage was already done. If I knew how to tune I wouldn't have needed anyone. I counted on someone who I thought was a professional to get the job done. He failed. Period. I filled out a few page questionnaire for him that l had to list all mods, cam specs, pulley sizes, etc. etc. etc. (I think the form is on his site). I guess either he didn't look at it or didn't know what to do.
I agree that GM should have put forged internals in the motor, even if they had to increase the price a few grand. But it is what it is. I'll have forged internals soon enough.
Cheers!

----------

It's laughable how much of an idiot you are cadzla.

21 posts? Too funny!! Ed? Friend of Ed's? Ed's daughter? LOL. Trust me plenty of people believe me. I have been contacted by 5 guys already from this site that are/considering/on the fence about working with Ed. I tell them my story, offer to send them emails, screen shots of texts, contact info of several other guys who contacted me and will never work with Ed again, contact info of shop owner, copies of the tunes, etc. Then they make their own decision. They aren't paying attention to douche bags like you because ignorant people such as yourself are a dime a dozen on the forums. You have to jump on the band wagon to feel wanted/needed/tough. Go back and play on the other forum where maybe you have 25 posts. Have a good rest of the week!

rayjoedef
05-07-13, 11:48 AM
I get your frustration....I am not familiar with Ed so I will not comment. I had my car at a particular NJ tuner - holy shit. Build took 3x as long as promised and when I got car back it wasn't right. It was my fault that I didn't do enough dd to make an educated decision....In the end, I found a terrific tuner "Tune Time" in Lakewood who got the car dead balls on and I've never been happier. It's a leap a faith when you hand this large investment over to a tuner to mod your car. Nobody is as sensitive to the build and problems then us, the owners....I hope it all works out and sometimes a nice friendly conversation will go a long way....sometimes not so much.

CADZLA RETURNS
05-07-13, 02:02 PM
I get your frustration....I am not familiar with Ed so I will not comment. I had my car at a particular NJ tuner - holy shit. Build took 3x as long as promised and when I got car back it wasn't right. It was my fault that I didn't do enough dd to make an educated decision....In the end, I found a terrific tuner "Tune Time" in Lakewood who got the car dead balls on and I've never been happier. It's a leap a faith when you hand this large investment over to a tuner to mod your car. Nobody is as sensitive to the build and problems then us, the owners....I hope it all works out and sometimes a nice friendly conversation with go a long way....sometimes not so much.

Thank you for your input. I am glad that you found a good tuner who got your car running great! I have learned that it's not easy to find a good competent tuner that takes his time, explains what he is doing, wants to know all the mods, etc. It seems like most just want to take your money, do a quick tune and move on to the next car. I have been extremely pleased with the local shop and tuner that I have been working with. They had my car on the dyno basically all day, started out slow, not WOT's right away, let it cool down for a good hour before the next pull. He told me exactly what was going on with timing, temps, AFR , boost, etc. He saw 1/2 degree of knock and back the timing off a bit and left it. I had to go back a couple of times for drive ability issue and idle problems and they have it dialed in pretty damn good now. You're right about it being a leap of faith when you hand over a $70k car with $20k worth of mods to someone who you hope can do the job. Unfortunately, I didn't find that someone soon enough. Before I decided to work with Ed I did some research (maybe not enough) and I really couldn't find anyone who posted negative experiences with him, so I gave him a shot. What I learned though is most guys that had bad experiences don't want to post them as they know they will get chastised by ignorant a-holes on the forums. It's crazy the number of guys who have contacted me to bitch about Ed after seeing my threads/posts during the past year. Maybe he is a great tuner if he takes his time, shows concern, pays close attention to what's going on and doesn't push it. Maybe if he concentrated on what is going on while tuning instead of trying to line up his next paying customer he would be good. I have no idea, but I didn't see it. In hindsight I should have had this local shop do everything from day one. They say things happen for a reason and I believe it. I also believe in Karma which certainly has taken its toll on more than a few "haters". Trust me on this one!

CJCTSV
05-07-13, 10:06 PM
----------

[/COLOR]

21 posts? Too funny!! Ed? Friend of Ed's? Ed's daughter? LOL. Trust me plenty of people believe me. I have been contacted by 5 guys already from this site that are/considering/on the fence about working with Ed. I tell them my story, offer to send them emails, screen shots of texts, contact info of several other guys who contacted me and will never work with Ed again, contact info of shop owner, copies of the tunes, etc. Then they make their own decision. They aren't paying attention to douche bags like you because ignorant people such as yourself are a dime a dozen on the forums. You have to jump on the band wagon to feel wanted/needed/tough. Go back and play on the other forum where maybe you have 25 posts. Have a good rest of the week!

You really are a fool. Yes.. low 20's here, hundreds of quality posts on owners where we laughed you off the site, and tens of thousands of quality posts on other ls type websites.

I don't have a clue about Ed. I just know about you, multiple user names because you get banned or continue to hide your wannabe slanted truth.

You keep telling everyone about these other people... Not one has ever stepped forward to backup your claims or even support you in ANY way.

We all wonder why that may be. My personal bet is that 'the 5' are just as magical as your stories here and on owners.

Thanks for the well wishes... I was driving at Circuit of the Americas today, couldn't have been a better day even if I tried.

Boosted2000si
05-08-13, 07:58 AM

Please explain to me what is cheap about a Cobra motor?

blaine321
05-08-13, 07:27 PM
Please explain to me what is cheap about a Cobra motor?

Nothing but the overall price of the Cobras in 2003. Still their are forged pistons in the all the new Boss mustangs as well which runs 41k base price compared to the 70k price on the caddy. Pretty sure every CTS V owner here would pay an extra 1K or so for forged internals. Of course the same concept applies to the Vipers after 1999... they also lost their forged pistons.

DiabloMike
05-08-13, 07:32 PM
This is a shame.

If tuners turned away all the customers they figured were going to be internet know-it-alls a week after they paid for the tune, they'd all be out of business. I don't envy these guys at all.

If you choose to pay a pro to do something you can't do, and you don't like how it turned out, deal with it or learn how to do it yourself :)

austin
05-08-13, 08:58 PM
My two cents;

http://youtu.be/dMJUWqbJ3Jg

DMM
05-08-13, 11:13 PM
Ed is one of (if not "The") best LS tuners out there. Sorry man, someone with your history of being banned across multiple boards isn't going to do much to damage a stellar reputation in the community, which is a good thing for Ed.

Let us know when you get 700whp...

Luna.
05-09-13, 07:11 PM
Cheers!

Are you the same guy who got banned on the other CTSV forum?

----------

Ed Hutchings aka Eddie (wants) Money. How about you taking responsibility for compromising my motor due to your negligence??!! Maybe if you would have been the least apologetic and didn't go spewing off to everyone that you were going to sue me for $300 I would have let this go. Maybe if you would have helped replace my head gaskets or possibly reduced your fee due to the damage you caused I would have moved on quietly. But you chose to insult me, blame me for the issues you caused. You even admitted the day after lifting my heads in a text "Yes, 23psi is kinda high. LOL". Yes, you included "LOL". This is really mature. I will be more than happy to post the screenshot on here for all to see. Or it can be seen at cadzla.com. You were well aware of the 23psi, the crazy high IAT2s, yet you continued to do back to back WOTs on the dyno until you pushed the motor so hard anti freeze was pouring out both sides of the motor (on a car that had less than 10k miles). I said we needed to bleed the heat exchanger because it wasn't done well enough after the whipple went back on. You ignored this request, telling me to leave you alone to do your job. I suggested larger upper pulley (after all you stated above that "he brought 3 pulleys with him") for less boost but you said it would be ok. There were a few guys there that saw what you did and said you were negligent. In fact, Frank told you that you're not allowed in his shop ever again after what you did to my car and the Mustang that you tuned (it left with less power than what it came in with). My car sat in my garage since last October. I did not have time to work on it, and it doesn't get driven during the winter months. I had it towed to the local shop two miles down the street. The first thing I asked them to do was a compression test. I wanted it done as I distinctly recall your reaction when you and Pat checked it after you lifted the heads. I saw you look at Pat and shrug your shoulders after you saw results of #8. It was like "oh shit". This has bothered me for the past several months. I knew you were lying to me when you said the compression was ok. I knew something was wrong. Even after I had the new gaskets and ARP studs installed and we dyno the next day, you kept saying "I am afraid, something is wrong. V's with less mods are making more power". So that is basically the last thing you said to me. Curtis was there and I believe Frank was as well and heard you state this. Now you deny damaging my motor??? Sure it's making power now, but it would be making 30-40HP more if three cylinders weren't compromised. There is a very obvious miss (like a misfire) at any cruising speed now, and it will only get worse. I have to have the motor rebuilt. Period. So don't deny what you did. All the guys at the shop saw how you pushed it, saw the results. I will be more than happy go give anyone the name and number of the shop owner, or the other guys that were present. I will also provide the contact information for all the guys who have contacted me since seeing my threads on various forums stating my experience with Ed Hutchings. All of them said that they would never work with Ed again. Some experienced some damage, other had failures (like the guy with the red turbo pickup that Ed tuned while here in Chicago last year. He called me two weeks after Ed tuned his trans and motor to let me know the trans blew up). Other guys simply were not happy with the amount of time Ed spent on their cars for the price he charged or had some minor issues. They used the services of another tuner and their issues were resolved. Bill Hoffman, from Maryland I believe trusted Ed with his brand new ZL1 and the third pass down the track Ed's negligence caused a piston or two to melt.
Regarding money hungry - I stopped your measly $300 check because your negligence caused damage to my car, costing me money. You did not offer to help pull the heads as you were too busy on your laptop searching for more clients (victims as I refer to them). I reissued a check to Frank as he overcharged me in error for the work that was done. Frank and I are good, always have been. Unlike you I am welcome at his shop any time. LOL. Whipple is a less than stand up company. My whipple failed twice due to poor workmanship or inferior parts. I simply asked Whipple to cover some of my expenses of having to remove the unit twice, ship it, and have it reinstalled twice. They reluctantly reimbursed me for the shipping cost for one of the times. So I didn't screw Whipple out of anything. The They cost me a lot of $ for a POS product that is no longer sold for the V2's as there is a known problem that has yet to be resolved. Everyone that bought a Whipple had problems with them busting. TPIS throttle body wasn't working well so I returned it for a full refund. No secret there. No problems there. Do a search and you'll find a lot of guys having issues with the TPIS. So what else do you have? Now back to you being money hungry. I have a text from you (I can post the screenshot) stating "$10,000 is nothing. I make that a month on Paypal doing tunes". How about the day after you lifted my heads you were screaming at me about paying you the balance of what I owed you "before your car goes back on the dyno". You were a raging psycho and your actions were witness by Curtis, Frank and a couple of the other guys. You were only concerned with $300, not the fact that you caused me extra expense by compromising my motor. You need to get the story straight.
I could care less about yellow bullet forum. There are a bunch of biased guys on that site that are more concerned with posting or viewing pictures of naked midgets than they are about anything serious that involves auto performance. I didn't expect a warm welcome from the guys as Ed Hutchings has been a member of the site for quite a while. Also there are NO members on there that were present the day Ed lifted the heads. Period. However, I did get the word out and was contacted by several guys regarding more details about my experience with Ed Hutchings. I know for a fact that I saved a few guys from working with Ed and possibly going through the expense and aggravation that I did. I have been contacted by a few more already because of this thread. I told my story and the guys can do what they want. Simple. I did recommend Jeremy Formato of Faster Proms and Mike Frumosso from New Era. To my knowledge both are excellent tuners that haven't blown a motor or trans. I have no reason to lie about my experience. I gain nothing personally. I only hope to warn others and possibly prevent them from going through what I did. I have emails, texts, witnesses, shop owner, guys at the new shop to back up everything I have stated. The competent tuner at the new shop will confirm what he saw on Ed's tunes. There was knock present on the first 3 or 4, then the one the day he lifted the heads, the AFR was too high and other parameters were way off too (something to do with not pulling enough timing at certain temps.) For the guys that worked with Ed and had great results, kudos to you. I am pleased that you had no issues. I am sure that Ed has tuned several cars and had no issues. If not, he wouldn't be in business today. For the guys that don't know Ed, never worked with him, never had him tune your vehicle, you have nothing to add here so please avoid doing so just to be ignorant.
Eddie disappeared from cadillacowners site once he couldn't take the heat anymore after causing damage to a few members V's (after tuning them during his trip to Chgo). It's simple go look and see the last time he posted.

PS - And to answer your question. It will never end. I will continue to warn everyone I can about my experience with you. If after telling guys about what I went through and they still want to work with you , then they can roll the dice. At least I'll feel like I did my part. I wish I could have warned Bill Hoffman in time. The guy in Jersey with the Turbo V2 thanked me several time for warning him.

Jesus...paragraphs are your friend. I'm not even going to read all of this.

In my mind, your credibility is going right down the drain & fast. He was doing things that you didn't feel comfortable doing, yet let him continue doing it? WTF??

The thread Ed linked is telling...

jzchen
05-10-13, 08:25 AM

----------

Jesus...paragraphs are your friend. I'm not even going to read all of this.

In my mind, your credibility is going right down the drain & fast. He was doing things that you didn't feel comfortable doing, yet let him continue doing it? WTF??

The thread Ed linked is telling...

When I'm really upset, I mean really, really upset, I'll tend to start writing/typing like this. (I need to reread some more posts here though...)

----------

Bringing my career and mother into this? Seriously? Are you taking lessons from your buddy Keith Cring of KDI? You are classless and you are far from professional. Period. You have damaged your own reputation time and time again. You don't really need me to help.
I am very successful with my career. And I can sleep well at night. If my client has a problem or I make a mistake I am man enough to admit it and make it right. Something you obviously can't do.
Speaking of "girls" I probably should have pulled one from the street, gave her a laptop and had her tune my car. The end result couldn't have been any worse. :bigroll:

+1

Isn't there a rule about this. If you're a professional/representing a company, don't attack a person about their job. I don't like that one bit.... (Sorry, having lots of issues with a solar installer right now, but never did they attack me directly like this...) My wife has a super, higher paying job than I do, and same with my mother over my father.... "even girls do it." Yikes.... (DON'T DAMAGE YOUR CREDIBILITY TALKING LIKE THIS!!!)

MIAdragon
05-11-13, 04:48 PM
This is a shame.

If tuners turned away all the customers they figured were going to be internet know-it-alls a week after they paid for the tune, they'd all be out of business. I don't envy these guys at all.

If you choose to pay a pro to do something you can't do, and you don't like how it turned out, deal with it or learn how to do it yourself :)

I dont have a dog in this fight but this comment is such ****** and just maybe the reason so many get upset with so called "pros". Do the job you were paid to do, correctly, and the first time. The "holier-than-thou" attitude is laughable.

rayjoedef
05-11-13, 08:16 PM
I dont have a dog in this fight but this comment is such *******and just maybe the reason so many get upset with so called "pros". Do the job you were paid to do, correctly, and the first time. The "holier-than-thou" attitude is laughable.

Totally agree...complete ******statement by DiabloMike as if the tuners are doing the owners a favor by taking on the work. If you claim to have the experience to complete the mod, then complete the mod. If you take on a job you can't handle or make a mistake, take responsibility. If not, nothing a good attorney or a hammer to the brain-stem won't correct. A certain tuner took on my mod and was obviously over his head. He did, however, take responsibility and reimbursed for the repair....

smackdownCTSV
05-11-13, 09:58 PM
I dont have a dog in this fight but this comment is such *******and just maybe the reason so many get upset with so called "pros". Do the job you were paid to do, correctly, and the first time. The "holier-than-thou" attitude is laughable.

Sounds like ******Diablosport to me!

translux
05-12-13, 12:09 PM
Chuck sorry for your troubles-it's sucks when things don't work out.
I do think your anger/energy is misplaced with blaming Ed.

I have nothing but great things to say about his work, follow up etc.
My car drives like stock until you go into boost then all hell breaks loose in a nice linear and controllable fashion.
Keep in mind that this is with a highly modded car making greater than 700 whp.
He also diagnosed and resolved issues that had nothing to do with tuning and clearly weren't his responsibility.

If anyone is looking for someone to tune I would highly recommend Ed Hutchins with zero reservations.

CADZLA RETURNS
05-12-13, 08:24 PM
Chuck sorry for your troubles-it's sucks when things don't work out.
I do think your anger/energy is misplaced with blaming Ed.

I have nothing but great things to say about his work, follow up etc.
My car drives like stock until you go into boost then all hell breaks loose in a nice linear and controllable fashion.
Keep in mind that this is with a highly modded car making greater than 700 whp.

He also diagnosed and resolved issues that had nothing to do with tuning and clearly weren't his responsibility.

If anyone is looking for someone to tune I would highly recommend Ed Hutchins with zero reservations.

The whisperer has spoken. Thanks for the words bro, but I am not sure who I should blame. Nobody else compromised my motor. It's not really anger at this point. It's water under the bridge (after the water under the heads!). I just want to get my story out like I stated above. I hired a "professional" (or someone who I thought was professional), and this person failed miserably. I understand that mistakes happen. But 23psi, 190+ IAT2s, 12.1 AFR, on stock bottom end wasn't a mistake. It was nothing short of negligent. Period. For the past several months I have told my story to several shop owners, engine builders, tuners, and everyone told me that Ed had no business going anywhere near 20psi even if it was A FORGED MOTOR (my rebuilt forged/stroked motor won't see more than 15-16psi). No competent tuner would ever push a stock bottom end that hard. Most told me that after 12psi you're flirting with disaster. Ed knew I wanted a safe tune from day one, so why he chose to push it so hard is beyond my comprehension. I think he gets some sick satisfaction out of blowing shit up. Anyways, I am glad you're one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any problems (yet). If you were in my shoes you wouldn't be praising the guy, trust me. If you would have been one of the guys that was around that saw what he did, you would be singing a different tune. If you can tell me that he did nothing wrong with the way he pushed my motor, you need to quit sniffing that E85, and better put the cats back on.
PS. I wouldn't call your motor highly modified, unless I missed something and you got a cam, heads, forged bottom end, NOS or meth or turbos...just sayin.........

----------

He was doing things that you didn't feel comfortable doing, yet let him continue doing it? WTF??

Don't comment unless you read all my "paragraphs". I TOLD HIM THAT WE NEED TO BLEED THE HX. I TOLD HIM THAT WE SHOULD SWAP PULLEYS AND START WITH LOWER BOOST, (10-14PSI). HE KNEW I HAD 3 PULLEYS WITH ME. HE KNEW I HAD 5 GALLONS OF MS109. HE TOLD ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET ME DO HIS JOB. In hindsight I should have told him to turn the motor off and get the **** lost. In hindsight I should have told him to pound sand after he lifted the heads, and find a competent tuner. But it was too late for that as the damage was already done.[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

----------

Ed is one of (if not "The") best LS tuners out there. Sorry man, someone with your history of being banned across multiple boards isn't going to do much to damage a stellar reputation in the community, which is a good thing for Ed.

Let us know when you get 700whp...

Remove Ed's scrotum from your mouth and face reality bro. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but the WORST LS tuner wouldn't run 23psi. Period! Ask William Hoffman, from Maryland, if Ed is the best LS tuner out there. Period. I will post Bill's email later. He is the guy that owns the brand new ZL1 that Ed Hutchings melted a couple pistons in late last year. Please enlighten me to the "multiple boards". There are two (cts owners and camaro5). Got booted from both as I was telling everyone my poor experience with Keith Cring of Kdi and the Whipple, and it turns out I WAS RIGHT. I was dealing with biased admins and/or owners as Keith was a supporting member. He was banned from cadillacowners a few months ago. Trust me I have tarnished Ed's reputation, and he's done a good job on his own as well by his comments, demeanor, attitude, etc. I have steered a ton of guys away from Ed, guaranteed.

I'll be close to 800whp by the end of June. You'll be the first I send the dyno sheet to.

Let us know when you get a V2.

Cheers!

DMM
05-13-13, 11:10 PM
[/COLOR]Remove Ed's scrotum from your mouth and face reality bro. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but the WORST LS tuner wouldn't run 23psi. Period! Ask William Hoffman, from Maryland, if Ed is the best LS tuner out there. Period. I will post Bill's email later. He is the guy that owns the brand new ZL1 that Ed Hutchings melted a couple pistons in late last year. Please enlighten me to the "multiple boards". There are two (cts owners and camaro5). Got booted from both as I was telling everyone my poor experience with Keith Cring of Kdi and the Whipple, and it turns out I WAS RIGHT. I was dealing with biased admins and/or owners as Keith was a supporting member. He was banned from cadillacowners a few months ago. Trust me I have tarnished Ed's reputation, and he's done a good job on his own as well by his comments, demeanor, attitude, etc. I have steered a ton of guys away from Ed, guaranteed.

I'll be close to 800whp by the end of June. You'll be the first I send the dyno sheet to.

Let us know when you get a V2.

Cheers!

Where is the tune? Can you post it and highlight (or provide screenshots) exactly what is wrong in the tune? The common traits with your multiple threads across several boards is:

1. You have made arbitrary statements and accusations without providing any evidence what so ever..other than your word (which has been called into question in every thread, including this one).

2. You are completely unable to control yourself in any way. Anyone who remotely disagrees with you is immediately condemned and the personal attacks begin in a completely chaotic, bipolar manner. Which leads me to...

3. You seem to have a rather obvious obsession with male genitalia. I'm not one to pass judgment, just thought I would point out the obvious.

I am quite happy with my V1. Then again, I can actually work on my own stuff without fear of having crap falling off of it afterwards (which was independently verified in one of your threads). I won't need to see a dyno sheet, you'll start another thread with a 10k character post (devoid of any formal structure) about how some new shop took your money and blew your car up when you were on the verge of some type of record.

Good luck with your meds.

Boosted2000si
05-13-13, 11:30 PM
Did Ed personally install the Whipple and pulleys that created 20+ psi or did he simply sit in the car to tune it? Did he suggest the blower and specific pulley combo?

JimmyH
05-14-13, 12:05 PM
Imaginary rep points to anyone who posts cliff notes on this thread.

thebigjimsho
05-14-13, 01:04 PM
Motor go boom. Ed teh suck. Statement scrutinized.

JimmyH
05-14-13, 10:26 PM
This thread reads like an IRS bulletin.

cblove
05-15-13, 09:28 AM
http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USIRS-765198?reqfrom=share

BlownV
05-15-13, 03:19 PM
Wow, just read all of the OP's posts on other forums about this...I think this was my favorite quote:

"OP is a Douche Nozzle - and should go choke himself"

Tedboss1
05-15-13, 03:31 PM
Wow, just read all of the OP's posts on other forums about this...I think this was my favorite quote:

"OP is a Douche Nozzle - and should go choke himself"
Thanks God for Google otherwise I wouldn't know what you are talking about in the quote.

JimmyH
05-15-13, 04:32 PM
Cheers!

btw, this is your last thread on this matter. This is cadillacforums.com. Not cadzlavsed.com.

buddyg
05-18-13, 12:00 AM
I am completely happy with Ed's work on my car. He tuned my car in Chicago the same time he did Cadzla and translux.

Luna.
05-18-13, 03:50 AM
14PSI). HE KNEW I HAD 3 PULLEYS WITH ME. HE KNEW I HAD 5 GALLONS OF MS109. HE TOLD ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET ME DO HIS JOB. In hindsight I should have told him to turn the motor off and get the **** lost. In hindsight I should have told him to pound sand after he lifted the heads, and find a competent tuner. But it was too late for that as the damage was already done.
I'll post if I so desire, whether you like it or not. I have little respect for you, nor your opinion, & I have a feeling that sentiment is shared by many. DMM nailed it with his comments. You were banned from those other forums for being a tool, not because you were right. You've been lit up so many times in those other threads, you're like a Christmas tree in December. I've wasted my time reading some of this thread to begin with, to say nothing about actually replying to it... somebody please smack me...

buddyg
05-18-13, 09:04 AM
SMACK!!

There you go, it is time for Chuck to move on with his life.

cblove
05-18-13, 10:10 PM
SMACK!!

Buddy, your gonna get an honorable mention on cadzla.com for that comment. Lol

odla
05-19-13, 02:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw

lol

CADZLA RETURNS
05-21-13, 06:01 PM
[/COLOR]
SMACK!!

I've moved on Mr. Buddy G. Obviously more than a lot of you guys that have nothing better to do than hang on forums and puff your chests. Just warning guys about Ed Hutchings incompetency because nobody else (that he's screwed over) has the balls to post.

----------

[/COLOR]
I'll post if I so desire, whether you like it or not. I have little respect for you, nor your opinion, & I have a feeling that sentiment is shared by many. DMM nailed it with his comments. You were banned from those other forums for being a tool, not because you were right. You've been lit up so many times in those other threads, you're like a Christmas tree in December. I've wasted my time reading some of this thread to begin with, to say nothing about actually replying to it... somebody please smack me...

I was responding to your stupid ass comments punk. You have no idea all the bullshit (not just Ed) that I have gone through. I could give a shit if you respect me. I don't want your respect because your obviously just another loser Eddie nut sucker like DMM. Also, I never stated my OPINIONS. I have stated FACTS. That's what the forums are for and you don't like what I have to say then go find something else to do with your miserable life. I already addressed the issues that I had with the two other forums. Get over it already.
P.S. Speaking of tools. Why don't you take Ed's out of your mouth for a while? Maybe share with DMM?!
By the way - Are you the (Luna) carpet guy? If so, can I get a discount? I got 5 rooms and three stair cases total.

----------

----------

I am completely happy with Ed's work on my car. He tuned my car in Chicago the same time he did Cadzla and translux.

I am happy for you bro. I wish I had the same outcome OR maybe your motor and/or tranny is on borrowed time. Give us an update in 6 months. From my understanding Translux has had nothing but problems since Ed touched his car.

cblove
05-21-13, 06:06 PM
LOL subscribed

CADZLA RETURNS
05-21-13, 06:11 PM
Ok. I have given you ladies enough time to bitch and moan and complain and disagree. Hopefully you're all done PMS-ing by now! Here is an email I received from someone that trusted Ed Hutchings - This is verbatim, with the exception of some spelling that I corrected -

"Guess we're I am from? Maryland. Guess who's brand new zl1 he blew up with less then a 1000 miles on it? Yes he helped put it back together but I forked out most of the money for what he called upgrades. Now after getting it back together the transmission is acting funny I to have over $25k in a car that I wish I would have left stock and he did just what you said. Ed pointed his finger at the yanks converter and he didnt listen to me at the track. The car laid over at the 330 mark I kept telling him over and over something was wrong and he didn't listen and kept turning down the knock sensors and added more timing and melted the engine down so bad that the block had to be sleeved. He said he would pay for the two sleeves but I had to pay for others. I am so pissed right now a can't see straight. He told me he never burn one up. I was going to have KDI do it first and after talking to him I knew he was an a-hole. So here I am getting stuck by another one . It nice to talk to someone in my same situation. I get a straight answer. Thank you for email me back"

Sent from my iPhone

I guess this guy is an idiot too, right? I guess he shouldn't have trusted someone who is suppose to be a professional tuner, right?
I don't think this guy wants to get involved but if anybody wants to talk with him about his experience let me know and I'll try to set up a call or give him your contact info.
I have received several emails from other guys with similar experiences with Ed Hutchings (maybe not melted pistons, but there was damage, some more serious than others). Now you girls can bitch about this one too. I honestly don't care. I know for a fact that I have saved a LOT of guys from possibly having their motors and/or trannys busted by Eddie. Period. If you want to work with him and roll the dice, like I said before, more power to you. If you just want to be a prick because you don't like me, or don't like the fact that I have the gonads to post my terrible experience with Ed, or don't like me because my car is or will be faster than yours, then go pound sand or jump in the lake (like BuddyG did, just don't break your ankle like he did).
Cheers! CAD

k3silk
05-21-13, 08:18 PM
damn that sucks where is ED located Im in maryland and and will be picking up a cts-v coupe and want to add some stuff where is a good shop to trust for tunning as I will be doing the labor or the mods.

CavemanB52
05-22-13, 06:26 AM
I feel the pain of both sides of this conversation. Cad... it sounds like you may have a legitimate complaint to a degree yet the tone of your posts comes off wrong. Mods come with risk that are the responsibility of the owner. However, the buyer should expect some sort of play time with it before the toy breaks otherwise its like who the F made this... Taiwan! So I get it. And to the tuner Ed... yes someone came into your shop with a car that had mods and wanted more. But hey, we all have the go fast sickness to some degree or another yet we can't all make a living at the hobby can we. And we need experts to help us go faster and help us to not break our toys cause then the result is the opposite of what we wanted which is slow. 0 mph...! Broken! Sad and failure. No one on both sides should be happy about that and should work to prevent it with some sort of saftey margin. So we rely on others to make the sound decisions to make a fun toy that will last with American pride not Chinese horse sh! T. So a bit of pride in your work from the tuner and expected failure in modifications from the ownershould be expected.

Looks to me that some responsibility should have been taken on both sides here. But should not be immediately expected to be all on one side or the other.

Therefore when something like this happens... which occasionally they do... from the owners posts and the tuners occasional over zealous mistakes...

I wouldn't want to be in a project with either of you! Buyer and tuner beware!

Sad story for both of you morons!

----------

Sorry about the moron part. It just came out of my fingers before I could keep from hitting send.

Just both of you slap yourselves and move on.

Take care all and god bless.

thebigjimsho
05-22-13, 11:38 AM
Let's knock some skulls!

BlownV
05-22-13, 12:47 PM
I personally do not have a dog in this fight so I really do not care the outcome...it doesn't affect me. But some advice for the OP...

Forums are not treasure troves of facts and saying things like 'these are facts not opinions' does not mean anything to anyone reading this online. There is no way for 99% of us to personally investigate your statements in an unbiased manner so while they are 'facts' to you, to everyone else they are just words on a computer screen that carry very little weight. I could have written every single thing you posted on here and said it happened to me without me even knowing Ed and it would still come down to a he-said-this, no-he-said-that, argument.

Forums, in my opinion, are more closely related to courtrooms when discussions like this come up and arguing a case without material evidence comes down to how the argument is presented. Your tone, comments (inappropriate ones involving other members and their members), overall argumentative display, inability to accept responsibility, and undeserved arrogance in a dozen posts on this thread have completely destroyed your reputation. It appears this is the case on numerous other forums too which is why you have been banned in the past. When these debates/discussions come up and all that anyone on here can use to distiguish facts from fiction is the reputation and character of the OP then you have completely ruined your ability to be believeable in the future. My advice to you is to move on...with life, with a different forum...whatever the case may be. I do not see you having the maturity to apologize for your unacceptable attitude so I don't think you will get any respect back from the people on here you have insulted for no reason.

Again, just some advice. Take it or leave it and I honestly do not care. Best of luck with the car and every experience is a lesson so just don't repeat this one and you will be ahead of the game.

JimmyH
05-22-13, 03:37 PM
Forums are for bullshitting and sharing ideas. Unfortunately there are a few who want to turn them into courtrooms. And they seem to expect us (the site staff) to do something about it. Even though we have neither the power or obligation to do so.

In the end, this isn't Cadzla's forum. It isn't Ed's forum. It certainly isn't my forum. It's YOUR forum. You guys need to tell these people to knock this shit off.

thebigjimsho
05-22-13, 03:55 PM
Knock the p00p off!

translux
05-22-13, 03:56 PM
From my understanding Translux has had nothing but problems since Ed touched his car.
Say what? Now your just making shit up.

Luna.
05-24-13, 08:11 PM
I was responding to your stupid ass comments punk. You have no idea all the bullshit (not just Ed) that I have gone through. I could give a shit if you respect me. I don't want your respect because your obviously just another loser Eddie nut sucker like DMM.

I have no idea who Ed is, nor the quality of his work. I could care less if he's great or not. The fact of the matter is you manage to annoy far more people than you convince with your stupid tirades.

And I love the name calling. Just gotta love the internet-tough-guy routine. You have no idea who might be on the other end of the screen...

Also, I never stated my OPINIONS. I have stated FACTS. That's what the forums are for and you don't like what I have to say then go find something else to do with your miserable life.

See comment above about me posting in your threads. As long as I don't violate a forum rule, I'll do so as I please.

I already addressed the issues that I had with the two other forums. Get over it already.

The only thing you've addressed is that you're a child hiding behind a computer & have little, if any, respect for other posters. Hence, you've been booted off other forums.

P.S. Speaking of tools. Why don't you take Ed's out of your mouth for a while? Maybe share with DMM?!

As stated above, I don't know Ed, nor do I have any inkling to use him. I'm an unbiased 3rd party responding to a fool, nothing more.

Say what? Now your just making shit up.

:histeric:

thebigjimsho
05-24-13, 09:09 PM
hmm...

Luna.
05-24-13, 10:20 PM
Ok. I have given you ladies enough time to bitch and moan and complain and disagree. Hopefully you're all done PMS-ing by now! I find this especially telling. You've posted now in multiple forums telling this story, including this one, and the response is fairly common regarding the backlash. Maybe, just MAYBE, the issue lies with YOU and not everyone else?!?!?!

DMM
05-25-13, 05:12 PM
Isn't this jackass (OP) an insurance agent in the Chicago area? If so, I wonder how his customers would respond to seeing his comments. Can you imagine CADZLA having to represent or assist you through an insurance claim? Hmm....

SilverrV
05-26-13, 06:59 PM
boring

CADZLA RETURNS
05-30-13, 10:08 AM
If you have nothing relevant to state refrain from making pointless comments. You certainly have better things to do with your time ?
You have no idea what I do and I certainly don't process claims. Lol. Grow up .

Moderator please lock this thread. I've made my point , stated 100% facts . Nobody is adding any value here .

thebigjimsho
05-30-13, 11:05 AM
wut.

CavemanB52
05-30-13, 11:37 AM
He said! Lock this down so he can have the last word Jim! Lock it down! Hurry! After Cadzilla makes another comment of course.

JimmyH
05-30-13, 01:30 PM
I get the last word. No more ed threads. kthx.