: Dashcam Install - 13 V Coupe

Zhariak
05-03-13, 10:23 AM
Morning!

Ordered one of those new Blackvue DR500GW dashcams. Just wondering what the best way to wire this bad boy up is in the V?

Where can I hook this puppy up so that it'll have power all the time? Want to have the Blackvue setup for event recordings, etc...

Cheers!

rjoffe
05-03-13, 10:41 AM
Can you provide a review of the unit when you have had it for a bit ?

Zhariak
05-03-13, 10:49 AM
Can you provide a review of the unit when you have had it for a bit ?

For sure! I'll post some footage along with it!

rjoffe
05-03-13, 04:26 PM
A simple question for your review. Can you identify plate #'s as you pass cars on the highway (day or night)

vagondr
05-05-13, 01:49 AM
I have one of those cheap, under $25, Chinese dash cams they sell on Amazon. There are endless reviews there. I think it's great. The plastic is flimsy so you have to handle it carefully. Great audio and wide angle view. You can read street signs well but plate #'s are a bit small, the price for the wide view. In case of a hit & run I can speak the # and it's recorded. The picture is very clear. It has a long fused lighter/usb cord that charges an internal battery and runs the camera. I took the camera out and recorded an hour on the battery of the races at the NJ meet two weeks ago - all captured on the SD card(sold separately). Great picture and sounds. It comes with a sturdy window mount and hides behind the window tinting. There's enough power cord to run around the windshield and tuck into seams to the lighter socket. When I leave the car briefly I just run it on its own battery which recharges when I drive. The night vision feature is useless unless you use it for security in your house. I've used it whenever I drive for six trouble free months but figure I'll just replace it if it fails as it sells at a disposable price. If your unit has a fuse you could run the cord around the door or through the firewall and clip it to the remote battery post for continuous power, as I did for an after market alarm, or to a fuse in the fuse box. Could prove valuable as evidence that you were not at fault in an accident or traffic violation.

Kmajecki
05-05-13, 09:26 AM
I was just watching a 20 min + review on that camera. Wifi connectivity looks great!!

Zhariak
05-06-13, 03:12 PM
The Blackvue dashcam has shipped. Should be getting it by Thursday! w00t...

Will post review once setup.