Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Photos up - Opulent Blue CTSV Wagon w/ painted wheels and red calipers.

13K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  jimmyo0317 
#1 ·
Cellphone pics only - didn't want to inconvenience the Mrs. and the child while I try to take designer shots. Needless to say, the dealer did a nice job of cleaning the car (they hand-washed it after I asked them to not auto-wash) and shining up the tires. I've seen OB CTS's before, but IMHO I really made the right call going with the painted wheels and red calipers; even though the latest fad is blacked out everything. Defintely says "V" to me, and of course the titanium interior was made for this color.

I will try to take some better shots later on in the week for posterity. :D

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Aw come on the black diamond looks better :), I keep trying to tell myself this!~ I had a Opulent blue on order, but it was taking way too long and let her go, oh well at least I've gotta Opulent blue VW now, haha.
Tomorrow she will have a red pinstripe and red calipers soon too, plus better sound system than the V and more comfortable :) Oh did I mention 50 MPG outta the TDI. I still love my Vagen though.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Tomorrow she will have a red pinstripe and red calipers soon too, plus better sound system than the V and more comfortable :) Oh did I mention 50 MPG outta the TDI. I still love my Vagen though.
Yeah yeah yeah - you win, because I totally bought the Vagon for the factory sound system! :D

Doesn't the VW come with something like 170HP? So are your mods akin to... ahem... putting lipstick on a proverbial pig?

<zing!>

I keed, I keed! :D

I saw two TDI wagons yesterday, and I was surprised at how dimensionally big they looked overall. Still decent looking for a wagon, but bigger than I would have expected.

#15 ·
It was a welcome change - what good is the internet if you can't give a perfectly anonymous stranger a hard time? I posted over on the Corvette forum to tease all the hardcore Z06 guys about my solid exhaust valve "conversion" (ie the V); and of course you get the expected "but it's not a Z06!" responses where people have to defend their own choices and preferences.

I might as well post over on the Mustang forum and expect them to tell me how much better my car is than the GT500?

It's all in good fun - don't take the internet too seriously, or Al Gore will win.

#18 ·
Well done. Car looks awesome!

#19 ·
OK, back to the OBM V wagon love.

I love that color. I dream in that color. Nice choice and congratulations! You will get lots of "nice car" comments. I do.

#24 ·
Traded my 2010 TDI wagon in for my 2013 Vagon. Nice car overall, but average MPG was 34, and I had a 6-speed manual. The High Pressure Fuel pump has a failure rate that the NHSC has an investigation on currently. The warranty on the fuel pump through VW is 60k and the cost of repair if it fails is over $8k. I traded mine in at 55k miles. Just do a search on VW TDI HPFP for more info. Some pumps fail on new cars. Make sure you don't use truck stop diesel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.