: Rear Access Open Message

af908
05-02-13, 04:55 PM
Hi guys, I'm seeing a "rear access open message" on my 03 escalade, even though the latch and the glass are tightly closed. I just bought a multimeter, could someone tell me how to use it to verify which sensor of the three (one on glass latch, two on trunk latch) is bad?

Jophusp
05-02-13, 05:08 PM
Mine does the same thing from time to time, if I do not shut it hard enough. Seems to be the main trunk latch though, since it only does it after I open the whole door, vs just the glass. You might be able to tell that way. Sorry, never used a multimeter.

the cadillac man
05-02-13, 05:34 PM
I have this message pop ever so often and I normally take wd-40 to all three catches and it goes away

af908
05-02-13, 05:51 PM
Yeah i tried that, didnt work for me...

the cadillac man
05-02-13, 07:11 PM
Yeah i tried that, didnt work for me...

Then the inside trim panel will need to be removed to gain access to the latches

af908
05-03-13, 10:40 AM
Then the inside trim panel will need to be removed to gain access to the latches

Yeah, the two door latches are easily accessible just have to remove the torx screws. The glass latch i would have to remove the trim..... Does the trim just pull off? I dont want to break anything.

Does anyone know how to diagnose that it is indeed the door sensors versus needing a replacement BCM? Ive heard there is a way to test if it is an open or closed circuit but im not sure how exactly to go about that..

the cadillac man
05-03-13, 12:15 PM
Yeah, the two door latches are easily accessible just have to remove the torx screws. The glass latch i would have to remove the trim..... Does the trim just pull off? I dont want to break anything.

Does anyone know how to diagnose that it is indeed the door sensors versus needing a replacement BCM? Ive heard there is a way to test if it is an open or closed circuit but im not sure how exactly to go about that..

If you have a multi meter that checks the ohms rating you can use that

I am pretty the trim panel just pops off(I can check my service manual to be sure)

af908
05-03-13, 03:40 PM
If you have a multi meter that checks the ohms rating you can use that

I am pretty the trim panel just pops off(I can check my service manual to be sure)

Thanks, but how would i go about checking the ohm rating? Do i connect the multimeter with the trunk sensors plugged in, or unplugged? If they are plugged in i would image i would have to strip some of the rubber off right? Also what should i be looking for in terms of an ohm rating? Sorry i'm really new with multimeters...

the cadillac man
05-03-13, 05:32 PM
Thanks, but how would i go about checking the ohm rating? Do i connect the multimeter with the trunk sensors plugged in, or unplugged? If they are plugged in i would image i would have to strip some of the rubber off right? Also what should i be looking for in terms of an ohm rating? Sorry i'm really new with multimeters...

Check the sensors with them unplugged from the trucks harness to prevent a false reading

As far as the reading anything but 1 (it may be different with different meters) is ok with the latches closed(take something and push them in before testing)