: 2008 CTS Driver's Side View Mirror Replacement

ojlove
05-02-13, 01:30 PM
I've been searching the internet and this forum for a DYI break down for replacing the Driver's LH side view mirror. Any help will be great.

arw1510
05-02-13, 02:11 PM
just the mirror glass or the whole thing?

ojlove
05-02-13, 02:16 PM
just the mirror glass or the whole thing?

The whole thing, the motor and glass is busted. i ordered the replacement from ebay and i need to know if i have to take the whole door panel off to the bolts and wiring harness.

exm22psu
05-02-13, 02:43 PM
You will have to take the door panel off. The wiring harness runs behind the panel and attaches to the door wiring harness.

ojlove
05-02-13, 02:49 PM
You will have to take the door panel off. The wiring harness runs behind the panel and attaches to the door wiring harness.

are there any manuals that detail the process of taking the door panel off (how many brackets and studs i might need to buy just in case)

exm22psu
05-02-13, 03:22 PM
I don't have any but I am sure there are some manuals with images and step by step instructions. You have to remove the cover on the door pull and remove two screws. You have to remove the cover behind the door handle where there is one screw. You will have to remove the lock pull if your car has it. You can then pry the door panel off from the bottom.

arw1510
05-02-13, 09:54 PM
I hate to say and suggest it. But you could probably find a door panel remove video on you tube. Even if fits for another year cts or older model, you will at least learn where to look for screws and clips