: Just purchased a supernav......

Dfost
05-02-13, 02:20 PM
Found it on ebay for $620! Could anyone tell me about this model # and what issues I may have installing in a 08 Escalade.....

Alegre323
05-02-13, 02:43 PM
I heard theres compatibility issues with 2008s. Best of luck installing it. I just upgraded mine. Very pleased with my results.

shore
05-02-13, 02:51 PM
I've seen them listed as supernav and say it on the back but they don't have the newer style front with the chrome trim? I don't know if that's something different or what. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

zach2011
05-02-13, 07:05 PM
Found it on ebay for $620! Could anyone tell me about this model # and what issues I may have installing in a 08 Escalade.....

Finally, someone with an 08 trying this install! PLEASE come back and let us know how it goes. Not for me but for other 08 owners who have been told this wouldn't work in their vehicle.

With your new nav you gain:

Much faster map load times as it uses a CF card (flash memory) versus a DVD.
Reverse camera guide lines. Those are great because they turn when you turn the wheel. Really help out in reverse.
XM Tune Select and XM Weather if you use XM.
USB input for direct iPod/MP3 player connections (you'll either need the new USB port console + wiring harness or run a microUSB cable from the back of the radio to wherever you want in the car)
AUX input (3.5mm headphone jack) in the front for another audio input method

You'll lose:
6-disc CD/DVD changer
Screen tilt function (if you already had nav)

I have a 2010 that already had factory nav, but I found the exact same radio as yours with the latest CF card for $350 total. It was an amazing deal and the upgrade was well worth it!

I've seen them listed as supernav and say it on the back but they don't have the newer style front with the chrome trim? I don't know if that's something different or what. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

The Supernavs with the chrome trim on the front are the 2011+ style with the CF card reader for the navigation data. The ones without this trim use a second DVD slot and read a navigation DVD. The nav DVD slot is replaced with the CF reader on the newer ones.

See above for the list of changes between 2007-2010 and and 2011-2013 navs.

shore
05-02-13, 07:11 PM
ahh, gotcha.

langsbr
10-26-13, 12:24 PM
Any update to this? I'd love to go to the CF based maps, especially since my nav drive doesnt work. And Who uses CDs any more anyways?

Dfost
10-29-13, 08:57 PM
dealer could not install in my 08... its for sale!!

Ghost Deany
10-30-13, 12:58 AM
How much

MrHolland
10-30-13, 08:44 AM
Don't turn this into a "for sale" thread.