: Bluetooth Audio

erdoc48
05-02-13, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not writing to say that I've figured how to make it work (I didn't), but I installed a Miccus Mini Jack RX with a constant power supply (via a plug in Griffin Powerjolt USB power port). It works very well and it's nice to have the phone connected via Bluetooth. I'd like the factory radio to allow itself to be configured correctly, but no dice. By the way, the Miccus and the USB power port were $38 from Amazon.com. Ive tried everything to make this work (factory BT streaming), but I just can't bring up the BT audio menu, no matter what I do.

htron
09-11-13, 04:32 PM
Has anyone else used this miccus device? is it true that I need it to stream music from my phone to the cts-v's audio system? (taking delivery on a 2014 next week)

Thanks!
Ron

erdoc48
09-12-13, 10:23 AM
Has anyone else used this miccus device? is it true that I need it to stream music from my phone to the cts-v's audio system? (taking delivery on a 2014 next week)

Thanks!
Ron

Hopefully the 2014's will have streaming BT audio like every other car made today

quantex
09-12-13, 02:10 PM
If you have non-nav, then you have GMCONNECT.

stevec5375
09-12-13, 05:27 PM
I have a 2010 SRX with the Nav/Radio unit. Needless to say there is not built in BT streaming which I found very DUMB on GM's part. My old 3rd party radio in my Infiniti had that. However, I bought the Micus device and it worked great. Then I figured out how much compression BT does to the audio and decided to stop using it. Instead, I now use a retractable jack to the Aux In port. I use the streaming music service MOG.com and connect my Android phone via a jack. There is no compression, unlike BT, and the sound is MUCH better. The Miccus is more of a convenience than anything. I prefer the Aux-In higher fidelity.

However, I have to say that overall the sound system in the 2010 SRX sucks compared to other vehicle I've owned. But I have stereo speakers that cost $40K so what do you expect. This sound system in the SRX is not audiophile quality.

htron
09-12-13, 06:51 PM
Hopefully the 2014's will have streaming BT audio like every other car made today

You would think so, wouldn't you?

But as far as I can tell, the 2014's are identical to the 2013's! Surprised me!

Huey Driver
09-13-13, 08:18 AM
I'm not going to say definitively, but I am going to argue that these systems ARE capable of streaming audio. I've done it. The problem is trying to use the same device for phone and audio. But if you have a GPS and a phone, separate, you can set them up just fine. If you want to stream audio from your Ipad and use your Iphone, no problem.
I set up my previous phone (HTC Evo) to do both audio streaming and phone. The problem was with both the car audio AND the phone on switching between the two functions. If I got a call, sometimes the car wouldnt pick up the call. The phone would ring, but not pass it through the audio system. Then when I hung up, the audio wouldnt restart.
I'd like to have the BT, maybe for something like IHeartRadio, but as Steve says, BT is the worst way to transfer high dynamic range audio. For all the convenience it would be to just automatically connect, the terrible sound quality means it just makes more sense to use the cable.

htron
09-13-13, 08:27 AM
Well, if it does work like this, that's a bit shameful if you ask me...my 2010 flex handles all this just fine, switching between phone and listening to a podcast on the iphone! In fact, with the app I use, as soon as I start the flex, if it's already set to the BT input, the podcast on the phone starts playing automatically, I don't even have to touch the phone...and the pause/fast forward/etc functions on the car system control the audio on the phone.

stevec5375
09-13-13, 09:43 AM
Well, if it does work like this, that's a bit shameful if you ask me...my 2010 flex handles all this just fine, switching between phone and listening to a podcast on the iphone! In fact, with the app I use, as soon as I start the flex, if it's already set to the BT input, the podcast on the phone starts playing automatically, I don't even have to touch the phone...and the pause/fast forward/etc functions on the car system control the audio on the phone.

I am convinced that the technology is often there but the vendor just holds back on releasing it until a later model year. That is one more way they have of getting people to "upgrade" and buy a new car. But in Cadillac's case, it *is* shameful because it's supposed to be a top tier vehicle with all the bells and whistles. NOT!

dmurphy
09-14-13, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure what issues others are having, but I've had zero issue streaming audio from my iPhone via Bluetooth to my '13 SRX.

It works and even displays track info. I've also used other apps and streamed their audio as well. Not sure why the struggle?

stevec5375
09-14-13, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure what issues others are having, but I've had zero issue streaming audio from my iPhone via Bluetooth to my '13 SRX.

It works and even displays track info. I've also used other apps and streamed their audio as well. Not sure why the struggle?

Those of us with a 2010 and Nav unit don't have the ability to both stream BT audio and connect the phone at the same time.

dmurphy
09-15-13, 08:56 AM
Those of us with a 2010 and Nav unit don't have the ability to both stream BT audio and connect the phone at the same time.

Understood, but htron's comment:

You would think so, wouldn't you?
But as far as I can tell, the 2014's are identical to the 2013's! Surprised me!

implies that the 2013's do not do BT audio streaming. This is in fact not the case.