: Rear vision camera and alerts

shoeman
05-02-13, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone . I am loving my new 2013 . I have one question. Is the rear camera and back up sensors supposed to beep when backing up and to close to a rear object , or only show the warning signs? As I am having difficulty knowing how close is to close. My 2011 explorer as well as MKX that I test drove beep when to close. Thx Shoe

Marc NY
05-02-13, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Everyone . I am loving my new 2013 . I have one question. Is the rear camera and back up sensors supposed to beep when backing up and to close to a rear object , or only show the warning signs? As I am having difficulty knowing how close is to close. My 2011 explorer as well as MKX that I test drove beep when to close. Thx Shoeshoeman the 13 SRXs don't use beeping sounds to warn you anymore and when the warning signs and graphic images do come on you should feel the sides of the driver's seat vibrate when you get too close to an object.

shoeman
05-02-13, 12:47 PM
Thx Marc. I must admit this is the one issue I do have ,as I like the warning sounds. Maybe more of what I have been accustomed to over the years.