: Airaid CAI

2013CTSV
05-02-13, 01:29 AM
Hey whats up? Just picked up my diamond black 2013 CTS V coupe last week and the mod bug is here. Ive seen ludacris gains for this intake of like 45whp and I wanted to know what some of your guys true experiences has been with this intake? I also have some D3 springs on the way to get a more aggressive look till I have more $$ for some KW's, gotta pay for a fence :/. Do i need to worry about my air fuel ratios where I need a tune right away or does the car adapt just fine?

Thanks

BRendan

Naf
05-02-13, 04:03 AM
If you are just changing the air intake you need not worry about the tune, if you are changin more parts at the same time, ie headers and catback then i would recommend gettin a tune as well...

Our vehicles have o2 sensors that correct on the fly, as long as you dont hear any clicking noises under heavy acceleration you will be fine...

Enjoy

Trapspeed
05-02-13, 09:31 AM
Have the intake, love the intake. Don't expect nearly that power though.

flatrockguy
05-02-13, 09:57 AM
More of a seat of the pants increase due largely to the wonderfull supercharger whine.

Crystal Red CTS-V
05-02-13, 11:54 AM
Power TV noted some nice gains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwuW1ovkW4

Love mine!

wait4me
05-02-13, 12:42 PM
I would say temperature change of car from it sitting for so long is the reason for those gains in the video. I would bet that if they let the stock car sit for the duration it took for them to install the exhaust and intake before doing the run, it would have dyno results close to the same..

2013CTSV
05-02-13, 03:37 PM
I would say temperature change of car from it sitting for so long is the reason for those gains in the video. I would bet that if they let the stock car sit for the duration it took for them to install the exhaust and intake before doing the run, it would have dyno results close to the same..

Yea I understand that. Just put the intake on today, took all of like 30 minutes. I mayyyy of skipped a few steps lol but its in there real secure and sounds amazing!!!! Great mod for the buck and I most certainly feel more of a pull. The increased whine noise is heaven to my ears haha.