: Ready to never purchase American-Cadillac Again!!

mdsheely99
05-01-13, 07:45 PM
Where to begin..I currently own a 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT, a 2006 Cadillac DTS, a 68 Cutlass Convertible, and finally a 71 Chevy Impala...as you can see I love(or loved) GM. Well after a long while I think its time to be done. Right now the Escalade is at the dealership with a blown motor. Apparantly something with a cam lobe wollering out the block and low oil pressure. My aftermarket warranty wants to deny my claim, but will not tell me why. My 06 DTS has had every gasket replaced but the rear main and it is leaking oil to beat all. The factory navigation CD player does not work, and I have a headlight/right turn signal that is on the fritz. The parts for these cars cost an arm and a leg. Yeah I know the arguments and what your gonna say. These vehicles have been well maintained and are all under 110k miles. SO until I am convinced otherwise, the Caddies gotta go. What is sad is they wont even bring 4-5k under book. Sucks cause they are nice looking, I just dont think its worth the headaches and wallet aches. At least in my experience its not.

MrHolland
05-01-13, 08:06 PM
Wow, your first post is slamming a brand. What exactly do you wish to accomplish?? Welcome to the forum.

wesyder
05-01-13, 09:15 PM
Where to begin..I currently own a 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT, a 2006 Cadillac DTS, a 68 Cutlass Convertible, and finally a 71 Chevy Impala...as you can see I love(or loved) GM. Well after a long while I think its time to be done. Right now the Escalade is at the dealership with a blown motor. Apparantly something with a cam lobe wollering out the block and low oil pressure. My aftermarket warranty wants to deny my claim, but will not tell me why. My 06 DTS has had every gasket replaced but the rear main and it is leaking oil to beat all. The factory navigation CD player does not work, and I have a headlight/right turn signal that is on the fritz. The parts for these cars cost an arm and a leg. Yeah I know the arguments and what your gonna say. These vehicles have been well maintained and are all under 110k miles. SO until I am convinced otherwise, the Caddies gotta go. What is sad is they wont even bring 4-5k under book. Sucks cause they are nice looking, I just dont think its worth the headaches and wallet aches. At least in my experience its not.

Welcome..... Ext 4 sale ?

mdsheely99
05-01-13, 09:18 PM
Sorry about PM, for some reason forum acting odd on laptop. It didn't show your words. All good on iPad.

To answer your question, am just sharing my experiences. If no one says anything how will America ever wake up and stop settling for less. If you we're in my shoes would you not want to share your experiences with the world? Maybe 1 person will see this and have some insight on my problem and give me a solution or guidance. Maybe 1 person will see this and decide to do something and start to change their brand. Just putting it out there.

----------

Welcome..... Ext 4 sale ?

Yeah after I fix it. I still owe over 24k on it..it's on clist for 20k. U know I am kinda glad it crapped out before I sold it. I would have felt terrible dumping this on someone else.

GM-4-LIFE
05-02-13, 04:58 PM
This is why I lease. I will never buy and keep another car for the long haul ever again. I don't care what brand of car it is. Today's cars all have issues no matter American, Japanese or German. I lease for no more than 2-3 years and keep getting a new car (lately I haven't kept a car more than a year). It keeps the problems away, I always have the newest car with new tech, I always have a warranty and my payments are way less than if I had purchased. I kept a car for over 8 years once and with all the problems, I vowed never to buy again. I strictly lease now.

mdsheely99
05-02-13, 06:01 PM
This is why I lease. I will never buy and keep another car for the long haul ever again. I don't care what brand of car it is. Today's cars all have issues no matter American, Japanese or German. I lease for no more than 2-3 years and keep getting a new car (lately I haven't kept a car more than a year). It keeps the problems away, I always have the newest car with new tech, I always have a warranty and my payments are way less than if I had purchased. I kept a car for over 8 years once and with all the problems, I vowed never to buy again. I strictly lease now.

Yeah, my dad does the same thing. I am about over cars in general. Find something dependable and cheap that gets decent mileage and roll out. If it breaks, by a different one. No big loss. I just feel that the level of and frequency of problems has been very elevated with these recent cadillacs. It would be half way comical if it wasnt so sad and costly.

MrHolland
05-02-13, 06:40 PM
Did you purchase these cars new??

mdsheely99
05-02-13, 07:50 PM
Did you purchase these cars new??

Nope..I bought a new 07 Silverado LTZ 4-door. Let it go at like 80k miles. Really liked that truck. Never had a problem. Traded it in on the EXT. Bought these at 60k a piece or so after they took their new car market drop. Hoped to get like 130k out of them before I got something else. I have four cars and its just me, so they don't see a lot of miles, especially cause I have a company vehicle. Really disappointed with the whole situation. The dealer I bought the escalade from is working with the warranty company. Hopefully this is resolved and I can sell it with a new motor and lesson learned.

MrHolland
05-02-13, 11:47 PM
Could be a random occurrence, or could have something to do with why the original purchasers sold them or how they treated them. If one doesn't plan on keeping a car forever, its not a stretch to think they might not take as good of care of them. JMHO.

rjm
05-03-13, 12:41 PM
Can't speak to the Escalade, as my '11 is my first. But so far after 2 years I've had zero problems.

It is well known that the Northstar leaks. It isn't a question of if, but when. The headlight issue on the '06-'08 DTS is well documented. Both of mine experienced this, on my '06 it was the left and the '08 it was the right. Both replaced under warranty. But, as CTS-V said, I lease.

I could tell you from personal experience that if you think the few problems with your Cadillacs are expensive/frustrating...try BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, and Land Rover.

sdgc
05-03-13, 07:46 PM
The Escalade is the best driving vehicle I have ever had. Period. Granted thats 11 months in..........................

----------

Right on Mr H.. I have seen many say "just lease it, drive the f*** out of it and move on.." then they wonder why there were so many problems with their so called "POS vehicle" .. not ALL, but some....

bigirb2002
05-04-13, 02:59 PM
my first time hearing of a engine problem like that.

hollingass
05-04-13, 05:32 PM
Hmmm, the only thing a cam lobe should ever touch is a lifter

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-13, 07:22 PM

Hello mdsheely99,

I am sorry you feel the way you do about Cadillac. I understand how frustrating it can be spending thousands of dollars to fix a vehicle you purchased and did not expect to have these issues. We do take comments such as these serious and document all concerns in a case file that can be accessed by multiple departments at General Motors.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

SpyShops NY
05-04-13, 09:13 PM
Hands Down the Escalade is one of the best vehicles ever, I have had every kind of car and truck except the dune buggy looking Porsche Cayenne which I think is a girls ride anyways. My 1999 (leased) Escalade was good never had any problems but it was a dressed up Yukon and was dated. Than I moved up to a 2003 Escalade ESV with the navigation, I believe in waiting a year to buy it when it comes out, I am so glad I did bc the 2003 Escalade was 500LBS lighter had XM and Navigation and better interior. I kept this truck till Jan of 2009. I only drove this truck 103k miles but I had major expenses like the transmission twice 5K, shocks 2.5k also the logo in the rear was starting to show rust. I than traded it in at dealership for my 2008 Escalade Sport which was a demo model with 6k miles I paid 46k for it. The 2008 Escalade hands down is a good truck I have 98k miles and the only major work was the front shocks 1000$ and the catalytic converter which was under warranty. I do read a lot that the 2007 Escalade has lots of problems so the moral of this whole story is that you should wait a year or so to purchase a new model vehicle. I am waiting till 2015-16 when the new one comes out also you can get a better deal buying used with 5k miles. Also one of the smartest things I did was put GMPP on my truck.