: Need to know: May incentives for CTSV purchases.

Random84
05-01-13, 06:09 PM
Wagon is on the lot, will be getting tomorrow PM. What are the May 2013 Cadillac incentives? Cadillac loyalty still in effect?

GM-4-LIFE
05-01-13, 06:15 PM
I am also waiting to see what lease/purchase incentives are out as of today. Dealer told me they don't have the new incentive program sheets as of yet. They are supposed to let me know when they do.

I don't think there is any Cadillac loyalty any longer. I think that ended a couple months ago.

Random84
05-01-13, 06:53 PM
I am disappoint.

GM-4-LIFE
05-01-13, 11:12 PM
I will let you know what the dealer tells me when they find out what current incentives are. I am anxiously waiting.

Jinx
05-02-13, 03:09 AM
Edmunds.com says the same $2,000 dealer incentive and the same Ally purchase financing (0/36, 0.9/48, 1.9/60, 2.9/72) -- through 7/1/2013.

Random84
05-02-13, 07:56 AM
Bummer.

I already have my financing setup, conveniently at much better rates. Looks like I timed things wrong again and get to pay more or less full price. I just wanted to verify before getting to the dealer so I know what to expect.

stl_ls1gto
05-02-13, 08:59 AM
why the sarcasm? I took the 0% when my wagon was delivered last month....free money is the best! I rolled in all the sales tax too since it was 0%. Will save you many thousands over a typical 5 year loan in interest. That is huge. When I ordered my wagon, I had them write in the contract that I would receive all rebates, including any manufacture to dealer rebates that are available at the time of delivery, that way you are covered. What is available or advertised when you order the car makes no difference, you have to plan to accept whatever is available when it is delivered.

Some manufactures pick either - when we ordered one of the wifes past cars from Audi, you could lock in the incentives when you ordered it, or you could roll the dice and get what is available when the car is delivered. I like that they offer the option, I wish all would do that.

Hoosier Daddy
05-02-13, 10:25 AM
When I ordered my wagon, I had them write in the contract that I would receive all rebates, including any manufacture to dealer rebates that are available at the time of delivery, that way you are covered.
How do you verify the dealer incentives? I haven't seen anywhere Cadillac publishes them so do you just hope someone has leaked them by the time you take delivery? Which may not have happened yet if you buy near the start of a new incentive.

Jinx
05-02-13, 11:35 AM
I haven't been following them that long, but Edmunds.com seems to have them the day they're available. I don't even know how to navigate to it, I just Google it and it's one of the first few hits.

Hoosier Daddy
05-02-13, 11:43 AM
I haven't been following them that long, but Edmunds.com seems to have them the day they're available. I don't even know how to navigate to it, I just Google it and it's one of the first few hits.
I think you are talking about the incentives to customers, not the secret ones to the dealers. With a customer incentive, a buyer will get the full value, with a dealer incentive the buyer may get all, none or anywhere in between, depending on whatever price for the car they can get you to agree to. The basic difference is the dealer incentive tends to mask what the dealr had to pay for the car you are buying which gives tham a bargaining advantage. For example, you know can easily find the invoice for a car and get a good idea what the hold back is for a typical sized and volume dealer. With no incentives, you know they won't order you a car for less than they pay for it. If it comes with a customer incentive, you just subtract that from what you will pay. If it comes with a dealer incentive and you don't know what that incentive is, you can't determine how low of a price the dealer can offer and still make a profit.

stl_ls1gto
05-02-13, 11:45 AM
I think you are talking about the incentives to customers, not the secret ones to the dealers.

edmunds lists the manufacture to dealer rebates as well if there are any. It does alot of times take a couple days after the new period starts for them to make it up there.

Hoosier Daddy
05-02-13, 11:54 AM
edmunds lists the manufacture to dealer rebates as well if there are any. It does alot of times take a couple days after the new period starts for them to make it up there.
Gotcha. I see them now. Good to know.

tinman
05-02-13, 12:24 PM
All I can find is 0%/36 months. The Caddy website says there are no national or regional offers at this time.

stl_ls1gto
05-02-13, 01:01 PM
All I can find is 0%/36 months. The Caddy website says there are no national or regional offers at this time.

cadillac will never list manufacture to dealer offers on its own website

tinman
05-02-13, 01:05 PM
I do know that, but i did want to post what info I could offer.

Random84
05-02-13, 02:09 PM
cadillac will never list manufacture to dealer offers on its own website

God forbid anyone pay less than full price!

I will save you all collectively from my intented car-dealer rant... but I am again reminded why I never buy new cars. I made an exception for the wagon, for the salesman is a nice guy, etc - it will be a bittersweet experience because I know I'll love the car, but I have to bite my tongue at all of the salesman schtick that I was hoping to avoid (but was wrong). It's one big silly game where the only variable is how much I get screwed. lol.

I hate all the handshakes and well wishes right before I'm outright lied to, and sure - I could go somewhere else - but I'd just be driving further to get the same experience from a different face. I want the car, so I have to bend over and smile the whole time....

Arg, I started ranting again. I think I'll stick to used cars on the internet from now on, I feel... less dirty that way.

tinman
05-02-13, 02:28 PM
God forbid anyone pay less than full price!

I will save you all collectively from my intented car-dealer rant... but I am again reminded why I never buy new cars. I made an exception for the wagon, for the salesman is a nice guy, etc - it will be a bittersweet experience because I know I'll love the car, but I have to bite my tongue at all of the salesman schtick that I was hoping to avoid (but was wrong). It's one big silly game where the only variable is how much I get screwed. lol.

I hate all the handshakes and well wishes right before I'm outright lied to, and sure - I could go somewhere else - but I'd just be driving further to get the same experience from a different face. I want the car, so I have to bend over and smile the whole time....

Arg, I started ranting again. I think I'll stick to used cars on the internet from now on, I feel... less dirty that way.

But...you are right.

I sold cars for about three months. I couldn't stand having to take a shower to wash off the filth after every day of dealing with these people (and I'm not talking about the customers). Three months was long enough.

MReiland
05-02-13, 06:44 PM
Check www.gmfamilyfirst.com (http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com) for a list of incentives and cash offers. Can also typically see the EVA (Employee Pricing allowance)

thebigjimsho
05-02-13, 07:37 PM
Ally blows.

Random84
05-02-13, 10:09 PM
Check www.gmfamilyfirst.com (http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com) for a list of incentives and cash offers. Can also typically see the EVA (Employee Pricing allowance)

Well don't tell me this NOW! I already signed the deal. :D

I was close to that estimate, but I have no employee/F&F discount so I paid an extra $3K. I should have asked around for a code - but if I recall they often check up on people to see if there's a relation or last name...

Oh well. I have the car now, I'm happy, done deal.

MReiland
05-03-13, 12:26 PM

I was close to that estimate, but I have no employee/F&F discount so I paid an extra $3K. I should have asked around for a code - but if I recall they often check up on people to see if there's a relation or last name...

Oh well. I have the car now, I'm happy, done deal.Ahhh Sorry, I don't frequent this forum nearly as much anymore. There are many ways to get the different codes and it is NOT a requirement to be a family member depending on the code, there are Friends and Family and Conquest Codes. Hope you enjoy your new car!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-13, 09:59 PM

Oh well. I have the car now, I'm happy, done deal.

Hello Random84,

Congratulations on purchasing a CTS-V! I hope you enjoy the vehicle. When are you officially going to be driving it around? Please keep us updated! If you want to discuss through private message, you can do that as well. Or if you have other questions or concerns, I am more than happy to help you if you private message us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service