: Srx sport conversion

05-01-13, 04:40 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum.

:) I'm about to send my 2004 SRX to the body shop to repair the front end thanks to my wife's artistic sculptural gift. So it's a perfect excuse to install a sport front upgrade.I already
have the sport grille. The body shop its taking care of buying the front bumper. I read that I have to get different brackets so I can fit the existing fog lights to the sport bumper. I guy on Ebay told me that the bracket its the same for both but I read different on this forum. Can some one help me on this matter. A part number or something so I can search the internet for cheap used ones. I think new ones are very expensive.

Or maybe I can use the existing ones some how.

Thanks guys!!!

05-01-13, 04:56 PM
I bet that the shop will just buy a regular front bumper and try to fit the sport grille into it.

05-01-13, 05:29 PM
Nope, I gave them the sport bumper part number. Believe me they know the deference between both :). I just need the fog light brackets part numbers so I can search for them on the web since they sell for about $500 ea. OEM new.

05-01-13, 05:34 PM

Best bet, check with a dealer for #s and then search.

05-01-13, 08:02 PM
Im in the process of doing my hopefully get the brackets soon and YES the brackets are different haven't found them anywhere but the dealer for $220 each :(

05-06-13, 11:36 AM
Try http://www.newgmparts.com. If their on line catalogue doesn't show the parts, call or fax them. Many times they have obtained individual parts for me that were part of larger assembly. Reasonable prices.

05-06-13, 09:45 PM
The Sport Package also has bi-xenon headlamps which require different housings and sockets. If you are just replacing the bumper it should not matter, but be aware.

05-06-13, 10:48 PM
None of the SRX had Bi-xenon headlights, but be aware.....