: Suspension air copmpressor needed

SkyKnight
05-01-13, 10:07 AM
Mine died. Does anyone have a source for a replacemnt compressor besides the dealer? I tired the local salvage yard. They say they don't keep them because they fail too often. I tried searching this forum but I'm still learning this tool and not having much good luck. I'll appreciate all the help I can get.

While hooking up my trailer in preparation for the drive from NJ to Texas, the load didn't balance. I've noticed lately the compressor was not coming on like it normally did whenever the laod changed on the truck. I won';t be able to make this run with the rear sagging.

Thanx,
~alan

90limited
05-01-13, 10:15 AM
Arnot is your best bet, at least for the compressor. I am not a fan of their "rebuilt" shocks.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/

wesyder
05-01-13, 11:33 AM
Mine died. Does anyone have a source for a replacemnt compressor besides the dealer? I tired the local salvage yard. They say they don't keep them because they fail too often. I tried searching this forum but I'm still learning this tool and not having much good luck. I'll appreciate all the help I can get.

While hooking up my trailer in preparation for the drive from NJ to Texas, the load didn't balance. I've noticed lately the compressor was not coming on like it normally did whenever the laod changed on the truck. I won';t be able to make this run with the rear sagging.

Thanx,
~alan

Yeah imo arnott is the way to go, i have their compressor and shocks, but also make sure its not that relay

SkyKnight
05-01-13, 12:34 PM
I'm pretty sure itis the pump but I will check the relay too. The last time it came on it sounded like it was barely pumping and slowed to a stop. almost as if it had seized up. I don't drive it much and most of the time it is towing the trailer. It is not a bog or heavy trailer but in the past I could step on the bumper and the pump would automatically kick on and level the truck again.

So I'll look for the Arnott compressor and at least I'll have half of the upgrade should I need shocks later.

Thanx for the input!