: STS SAE100 Where is it??

Cadzilla8
04-30-13, 11:32 PM
Anyone know what GM did with the STS SAE100? Did they sell it? Do they have it collecting dust somewhere? Very cool and advanced car shame to no see anything more about it.

Guy.Seminerio
04-30-13, 11:48 PM
Probably sitting on display somewhere. Either with Cadillac or SAE? Does SAE have any museum type of deal?? A lot of the technology in the SAE 100 was sourced from other automakers, or miscellaneous companies which is why I would suggest it MAY not be with Cadillac.

PNBLWZD
05-01-13, 12:50 AM
Don't know the fate of this one, but most GM proto, engineering, and test cars get destroyed unfortunately. How cool would it be though to be able to convert our cars to an LS motor like that...

Guy.Seminerio
05-01-13, 07:19 PM
Well if the 3.6L DI V6 could fit into the CTS and STS, couldnt the CTS-V motor fit into the STS-V? I bet it's been done.

1madstsv
05-02-13, 12:48 AM
Any of the LS engines will fit they are smaller than the n*. It's making it work with the rest of the systems that's the hard part.

Guy.Seminerio
05-02-13, 12:52 AM
making it work with the systems. that's what I assumed would be the issue. What I'm saying is not only that LS would fit, but that it would bolt directly in based on my whole equation up there. You know if it's been done?

1madstsv
05-02-13, 02:03 PM
I don't think so. But all it would take is $$$$.

boomys10
05-02-13, 04:58 PM
and alot, i had it priced up. the engine is the cheap part. you need new mounting points fabbed up, also need to redo the radiator mounts and what nots along those lines. THEN its the expensive part. ALL NEW WIRING. they make harnesses that will plug from old plugs but you have to wire the new engine up from there. basically plug and play just have to extend the wires, if that makes sense. THEN you have to redo the ecm/pcm. since the car now has DOHC and it changes to normal cam you have to redo the entire computer to make it work.

Charles Warren
05-05-13, 01:25 PM
they have kits that put ls in miatas,supras,rx-7s,sky/solstice so i doubt its that hard to do. the sae had a ls motor in it anyway. lets drop a 2j or rb26 in a salvaged sts

PNBLWZD
05-05-13, 10:26 PM
I recently read about a shop in Virginia that will convert a Solstice 4 cyl turbo to an LS motor. Prices start at around $25k (plus a donor car), and go up from there depending on which motor and what options you want.

1madstsv
05-05-13, 11:42 PM
they have kits that put ls in miatas,supras,rx-7s,sky/solstice so i doubt its that hard to do. the sae had a ls motor in it anyway. lets drop a 2j or rb26 in a salvaged sts

Most of those cars don't have ac tc/sc abs brakes our any thing else the Stsv has. I just sall a rx7 to day with a ls1 in it. It was cool but had only the wiring to run the motor nothing to run and thing else. To put a ls3 in the Sts I bet I could do it and have it driving for 5k with the motor. 450-500 hp. But to interface it with the rest of the car and make the abs tc/sc and every other system work right it would double that 5k