: Speed limit alert/beep

XavierFlatbush
04-30-13, 11:20 PM
Is there anyway to turn off the beeping alert when you go over the speed limit? I've tried many routes and just cannot get it to turn off. Thanks.

TheCaptain
05-01-13, 08:13 AM
This is all controlled from your DIC (Driver Information Centre). Scroll through the settings and adjust it and/or turn it off as you see fit. (Steering wheel controls)

Kuya
05-02-13, 10:09 AM
Interesting . . . do all 2013 SRX's have this feature? I don't recall ever hearing a beep when I go over the speed limit. I don't even recall seeing anything in the settings for this feature?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-02-13, 08:02 PM
Interesting . . . do all 2013 SRX's have this feature? I don't recall ever hearing a beep when I go over the speed limit. I don't even recall seeing anything in the settings for this feature?

Hi Kuya,

Every 2013 SRX with the CUE system has this feature. The steering wheel has the location for the Driver Information Center (DIC) which you can control settings to your liking. If you refer to your owner's manual on page 5-27, it goes into more detail on how to use the DIC displays and settings. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Kuya
05-04-13, 05:22 PM
Thanks Laura! I really should spend a few minutes and read the manual :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-05-13, 01:33 PM
Thanks Laura! I really should spend a few minutes and read the manual :)

You are very welcome Kuya! Enjoy learning about your new SRX, and if you need help on another issue please let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

love the xts
05-15-14, 01:02 AM
I had no luck this is driving me crazy. I had the service done yesterday and they said they turned off the speed limit exceeded buzz. I got on the freeway and it went off. I didn't have time to go back and I live 250 miles to the closest dealer. I had that thing go off all the way home how can i turn this off, i had no luck with the manual the dealer had no luck....I have my cluster in the performance setting, right gauge in setting, auto info on the left scrolled to speed limit sign, turned off. What am I and the dealer doing wrong???????

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-15-14, 12:36 PM
I had no luck this is driving me crazy. I had the service done yesterday and they said they turned off the speed limit exceeded buzz. I got on the freeway and it went off. I didn't have time to go back and I live 250 miles to the closest dealer. I had that thing go off all the way home how can i turn this off, i had no luck with the manual the dealer had no luck....I have my cluster in the performance setting, right gauge in setting, auto info on the left scrolled to speed limit sign, turned off. What am I and the dealer doing wrong???????

Hello love the xts,

I apologize that what the dealership changed in your settings didn’t turn off the beep that you are exceeding the speed limit. What model year of XTS do you have? Since you live that far away from the closest dealership, could you contact them by phone and see if they can walk you through the procedure they used. I would be happy to see if I could locate a closer dealership as well. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Maximumkk
05-15-14, 01:36 PM

I suggest checking in the XTS forum, this one is for SRX owners.

Max

TheCaptain
05-17-14, 10:49 AM
Yes, it's in your DIC, but not turned on. Look around in settings.

I suggest checking in the XTS forum, this one is for SRX owners.

Max

Our vehicles use the same DIC for the '13 model year. All '14's use a separate from '13, but same '14 DIC. This forum is an appropriate response area provided we can help.

Maximumkk
05-17-14, 10:33 PM
This forum is an appropriate response area provided we can help.

My bad.

Max