: Give them boys at BNR RACING a well deserved slap on the back

Groomie
04-30-13, 10:20 PM
Installed my tune early last week and boy does she want to run. A lot livelier and a better driving sport machine. Waiting for my data logs to be analyzed And
returned with a better tune. (Buy the way I ran into a buddy with a camaro ss and i had him by about 5 lengths doing bout 100. We started at about 40. WHO HOO!)
The car pulls hard and wants to go fast. No Dyno needed. Anyone in doubt for the tune I would not hesitate. BNR IS THE REAL DEAL! You could not ask for a better
company. The service is second to none. Can't wait for the CAI

Bottom line is order the tune and enjoy. Makes me want to drive, drive, and when
in bed asleep I dream about driving fast in this car. Best of all AMERICAN MADE

Anyway I want to send a shout out to BNR! Job well done and keep em coming

Groomie

gfxbt
04-30-13, 10:45 PM
Can someone provide a definitive, exhaustively-explained, analysis of why the $150 (or whatever it is) cable is necessary for loading the tune?

Groomie
04-30-13, 11:34 PM
one of the cord plugs in to the obd plug under dash and the other end to the USB on the laptop with the tune. You use ez flash with trifecta and This is how it transfers the tune from laptop computer to car computer. Simple actually

romanats
05-01-13, 01:34 AM
i see a usb to obd2 cable on line for $20 can i just use this cable ?

gfxbt
05-01-13, 08:52 AM
Yes - I understand it is an OBD2 to USB cable. What I don't understand is why it is any different than the ones on Amazon for $10-20. I spent some time looking it up, and the same question was posed on the Camaro forums, Regal forums, etc. with no one ever really posting an answer.

For the most part, a cable is a cable. It is simply the medium through which a signal travels. Furthermore, the connection is digital, so cable quality isn't that important - all you are sending is 1s and 0s, so as long as they are there, you are fine (as opposed to analog where varying cable quality would effect signal quality). I've heard talk of a "micro-processor" being housed within the Trifecta cable. Now, I'm not a computer scientist, but I'm not computer illiterate (I can code in Java, C, Python, and Scheme), but I just don't see what processing power the cable would need. Again, it is simply the medium through which the signal passes. The signal shouldn't need to be decoded, amplified, etc. This is where the confusion arises. I'm not trying to call anyone a liar, I just don't understand it and it is frustrating that there does not appear to be a definitive answer anywhere, especially when this question has been raised time and time again. The worst part is, it is likely holding people back from getting the tune, as it increases the cost by 50%. Hard to justify it when you don't even know that it is necessary. I've posed this question before on threads started by BNR and they have failed to respond (I don't know if they didn't see the post, or they simply ignored the post, but they were active on the thread after I posted). Anyone out there with any thoughts?

rspitler
05-01-13, 09:24 AM
The cable could be proprietary meaning the pin outs won't match up. The hand held device might not use standard pin out. The OBD connector is probably standard though.

gfxbt
05-01-13, 09:58 AM
The cable could be proprietary meaning the pin outs won't match up. The hand held device might not use standard pin out. The OBD connector is probably standard though.

Not a bad thought, but from what I have read it sounds like it connects to your laptop (i.e., standard USB), then to the car (i.e., standard OBDII). So I don't think that is the case.

bravnik
05-01-13, 11:00 AM
Best way to tell is to get a cable from BNR and then purchase one from EBay and see if the pin outs are the same. My guess is that they are the same unless the OBDII reader needs a certain pin out to write to the ECU vs just reading. Ether way if you have both cables and don't mind tearing apart the ends, you can tell. You could also get another ECU from a supported car and see if you can write to it using the software and a $20 cable.

gfxbt
05-01-13, 11:35 AM
Best way to tell is to get a cable from BNR and then purchase one from EBay and see if the pin outs are the same.

This is also a good idea. I considered buying the tune, then buying a cable with free two day shipping from amazon. Problem is, I don't want to be stuck with the file and not have the ability to load it, then have to order the cable from BNR and wait for it to get here. That may seem like a minor inconvenience, but the annoyance factor is extremely high when by now, there should be an explanation of the necessity of the BNR cable, and we should know whether we can use the cheap cable on amazon or need to use the expensive cable from BNR. I suppose at this point the only way we will find out is if someone actually tries it, but for the reason explained above, I don't think anyone wants to be the one to try it.

donavo
05-01-13, 12:03 PM
honestly, that tune sounds really really too good to be true...there has to be a tradeoff....and so far no one mentioned it. unless it just goes without saying. if i were to get this tune, can i go back to stock at the end of my lease? if i get that tune, will my engine/ car be put under too much stress? by too much i mean more than the car can handle. i know u put it under stress just by pressing hard on the accelerator. i mean more than that. will the car have a significantly higher probability of needing a new engine in 10k miles? 40k miles?

romanats
05-01-13, 01:36 PM
i am also interested in the tune and mine is a lease also. I dont really care if the car needs an engine in 10k just want to make sure i am able to put it back to stock and take it to the dealer. The price of a tune is fair but not the price of the cable. I am going to speak to one of the guys that knows this stuff and ask him if the amazon cable is good inough. I will keep ypu guys posted

gfxbt
05-01-13, 02:06 PM
The price of a tune is fair but not the price of the cable.

Agreed. Maybe it is a marketing ploy. Advertise the tune for $300, and people say "well that seems like a pretty good deal." Then price the cable at $150. If we assume (I say assume because I have no idea if this is true and I don't want to make accusations without knowing all of the information) that the cable is really just the $10 cable, then the bulk of the $150 is really just going toward the tune. Makes the total package around $450, but consumers will still look at it and have the initial impression that the tune is reasonably priced (not necessarily saying that $450 is not reasonably priced also). Just a thought.

Also, if you look at the D3 tune (which is admittedly just the Trifecta tune), it sells for $629 and includes the cable (at least that's the way I read it - http://www.d3cadillac.com/ - click on tuning interface). So another question is why the price discrepancy (i.e., what do you get from D3 that is worth the extra $179 or so)?

I really am bummed out though that BNR hasn't stepped up and explained this, since I know this issue has been discussed extensively for years on several different forums. Could lead one to believe that there really isn't an explanation. But again, that could be entirely wrong and we just have no idea what we are talking about.

bungee91
05-01-13, 02:09 PM
From my time with the tune (a couple of weeks now) I agree that it's fantastic!

I also think all this time thinking about cheap Amazon/Ebay cables is a waste, and I sure wouldn't want to gamble on trying to flash my ECM/BCM/... with some untested unsupported cable!

There are absolutely differences between the BNR cable and the ones you speak of. For example the red cable (the one you're likely to buy eventually) isn't compatible with Ion Redline/Cobalt SS of certain years as I'm sure there are certain differences between the way you program those vs other vehicles. Research all you want, but in the end you'll be buying a cable from them and not thinking about it again. I waited for their 20% off sale, and at that point the cable was basically free.

BNR/Trifecta state that with using transparency mode you can flash back to stock and the dealer won't see that anything has ever been flashed. The only way they could supposedly tell is by sending the ECM out to GM for the engineers to disect, and that happening is a very slim to hasn't happened occurrence.

romanats
05-01-13, 02:19 PM
I have a better Idea lets set up some sort of group buy and ask them for a discouts or if we have 5 people we can just share the cable. I know they did this before on a buick regal forum

donavo
05-01-13, 02:40 PM
after 1996, all cars started using OBD2 instead of OBD1. ALL OBD2 plugs are supposed to be exactly the same. so an OBD2 to USB is supposed to be the same no matter what the cable brand is. i still dont see why one cable would work vs another. if its OBD2 then its OBD2...thats all...the pins match up. u cant get a different kind of OBD2 with different pins. thats like saying youre gonna get a USB port thats round. just doesnt happen. somebody correct me if im wrong. but when you go to get your codes checked, or you buy the module to check the codes yourself, you buy an OBD2 module. and after that, doesnt matter what car you have....it works. just like doesnt matter what laptop you have. if it has a usb port, its the same port as anyones laptop.

search obd2 cables in google. theres an article. heres a screenshot of said article. link is here: http://www.squidoo.com/usb-obdii-laptop-diagnostic-cables-review

romanats
05-01-13, 03:30 PM
Donavo i think you are absolutely right an OBD2 cable is OBD2 but there are different usb cables ther is usb 2.0 usb 3.0 and now a usb 4.0 and they are not compatable. so that might be the problem

gfxbt
05-01-13, 03:39 PM
Excellent work donavo. The non-propriety of the cable was the assumption I was running with. On the BNR website, it states that "[t]his cable has a microprocessor in it which allows it to read AND write to the vehicles ECM." The implication from this is that other cables lack the microprocessor, and consequently, the ability to "read AND write." My guess is that this means the standard cable can't write to the ECU. What I don't understand is what limitation the cable would have on reading v. writing. If you can read from the ECU, you must be communicatively coupled to the ECU. If you are communicatively coupled to the ECU, it only follows that you can write to the ECU. Think about it with a more commonplace example. You plug your laptop into an external hard drive. If you use Cable1, you can access the data (read) on the external hard drive, but you can not transfer data (write) to the external hard drive. But if you use Cable2, you can both read and write to the external hard drive. Doesn't make any sense to me. I don't understand why it would be cable-dependent. Sure there can be access restrictions, but those restrictions would reside on the laptop or the external drive, not the cable. The cable is simply the link that allows data to pass between the laptop and the external drive.

For further thought, I read some product reviews on Amazon. One reviewer (Apex) states that he was able to use this cable to tune his Subaru (http://www.amazon.com/Diagnostics-OBDII-Interface-VAG-COM-Cable/dp/B005WGIN5G/ref=pd_sbs_auto_2). This would mean this $8.40 cable can read and write to the ECU.

In sum, the BNR website implies that a cable with microprocessor is necessary. To go back to the external drive example, this would be like saying to write to the external drive, you need to connect your computer to a second processor, which is then connected to the external drive. All a processor does is execute commands. In other words, no code resides on the processor. Whatever application you need to communicate with the ECU will reside on your laptop. The laptop's on board processor will execute the commands, and transfer the data via the cable. No external processor needed. If I am wrong here, someone please explain.

romanats
05-01-13, 03:55 PM
I am willing to Paypall someone $10 to buy the cable and try to upload a tune on to their car

ewired
05-01-13, 05:23 PM
Why not just "rent" the cable? Trifecta has that option.

Get your tune
Get your cheap cable
Rent the Trifecta Cable.

Test both cables and you tell us. Send the trifecta cable back if the other cable works. Really a no brainer here.

Fwiw I bought the trifecta cable.

donavo
05-01-13, 05:43 PM
Why not just "rent" the cable? Trifecta has that option.

Get your tune
Get your cheap cable
Rent the Trifecta Cable.

Test both cables and you tell us. Send the trifecta cable back if the other cable works. Really a no brainer here.

Fwiw I bought the trifecta cable.

if ur getting the tune as well, just buy the amazon cable mentioned above, have the guy that offered 10 dollars send u 10 dollars, and try both cables...everyone will appreciate it. lol.

romanats
05-01-13, 07:24 PM
i have a q does the tune needs to be uploaded ones or if for example you want to bring the car back to stock and a week later put the tune back on Does the ECM store it or it overwrites it?

gfxbt
05-01-13, 10:42 PM
The problem with renting the cable is data logging and returning the car to stock if you so desire.

Someone mentioned USB 2.0, 3.0, etc. There is no compatibility issue here and it has nothing to do with the cable. USB x.0 represents different technology for transferring data over a USB connection. And as for that matter, the connection is fairly irrelevant and mostly just dictates the shape of the connector you are using. Additionally, the concern is not about whether it will "plug in," but rather will it transfer the requisite data appropriately.

As for the $10, that's not really what it is about. It is about getting the tune and the $10 cable then figuring out you can't load it and being bummed out. It is about the fact that no one can step up and answer this question, and since no one can, it makes me skeptical. I am really not interested in buying a $150 cable when I don't have to. I will have just felt like I got screwed. So either way, you don't win (unless you are willing to be the one to test it out). It is just another factor that weighs against the tune for me. I am already concerned about voiding the warranty, and having problems as a result of the tune. Also, if it feels like the company you are buying the tune from is screwing you over by charging you $150 for a $10 cable, how much faith can you have in them that the car will still be running in 10,000 miles? What matters are these issues, not the $10. I appreciate all the feedback, and still welcome more as we try to solve this dilemma.

Groomie
05-01-13, 10:42 PM
Question guys or gals?
You bought a cadillac and a very nice car I must say. The tune makes a night and day difference in performance. You can put it back to stock at your leisure. My opinion and only mine. Use the cable that is recommended and buy it. That way you can always change and data log your tune at will. Remember we are not tuning a Yugo. Just my two cents, plus if you are considering tuning, you will consider more things as they come out. Cold air intake anyone?

hood101010
05-01-13, 10:49 PM
Not an IT expert at all just offering info. Im pretty sure Apple's lightning cables also use a microprocessor so imitators cannot be used. I know Dell puts them in their Laptop power cables again so imitators cannot be used. The data checks for these before it sends continues data / power transmission. Both claim to use these to insure quality performance but its also about controlling profits and eliminating competition. This tune cable could be a form of this or maybe just a bluff.

BNRacing
05-02-13, 08:02 AM
The red cable is a new cable to us- only made available within the last year or so. It does indeed have a microprocessor in it that is capable of writing to GMs CANBUS interface. Don't think of OBD2 as the cable type, because its not really accurate to use that term. For example a 2003 Corvette uses obd2 and so does your ATS. But the red cable won't work with the 2003 corvette because of the communication protocol used by GM. If you want to look at other cables capable of doing the same thing as our red cable, look at the tactrix open port 2.0. It's basically the same cable and was actually used by us before we found a company to make the red cable for us. They are normally around $220-230 shipped. The other cable that we sell that works with all vehicles including late 90s obd2 is $250.

The red cable also has custom firmware flashed to it to work with ezflash. If you buy one of the amazon or eBay cables, it will not work. You are welcome to try but it won't work. The only cables that will work are the open port 2.0 (and only if you buy one from us or pay for our custom firmware for one you already own) or the red cable or the much more expensive black box.

We run into these questions in every new market it seems like, but if you look at other tuning companies that sell the same type of cables, they are all much more expensive. The red cable is actually one of the cheapest tuning cables you can get.

rspitler
05-02-13, 08:06 AM
Deleted

BNRacing
05-02-13, 09:50 AM
Installed my tune early last week and boy does she want to run. A lot livelier and a better driving sport machine. Waiting for my data logs to be analyzed And
returned with a better tune. (Buy the way I ran into a buddy with a camaro ss and i had him by about 5 lengths doing bout 100. We started at about 40. WHO HOO!)
The car pulls hard and wants to go fast. No Dyno needed. Anyone in doubt for the tune I would not hesitate. BNR IS THE REAL DEAL! You could not ask for a better
company. The service is second to none. Can't wait for the CAI

Bottom line is order the tune and enjoy. Makes me want to drive, drive, and when
in bed asleep I dream about driving fast in this car. Best of all AMERICAN MADE

Anyway I want to send a shout out to BNR! Job well done and keep em coming

Groomie

I'm glad you like it! :thumbsup:

donavo
05-02-13, 11:13 AM
The red cable is a new cable to us- only made available within the last year or so. It does indeed have a microprocessor in it that is capable of writing to GMs CANBUS interface. Don't think of OBD2 as the cable type, because its not really accurate to use that term. For example a 2003 Corvette uses obd2 and so does your ATS. But the red cable won't work with the 2003 corvette because of the communication protocol used by GM. If you want to look at other cables capable of doing the same thing as our red cable, look at the tactrix open port 2.0. It's basically the same cable and was actually used by us before we found a company to make the red cable for us. They are normally around $220-230 shipped. The other cable that we sell that works with all vehicles including late 90s obd2 is $250.

The red cable also has custom firmware flashed to it to work with ezflash. If you buy one of the amazon or eBay cables, it will not work. You are welcome to try but it won't work. The only cables that will work are the open port 2.0 (and only if you buy one from us or pay for our custom firmware for one you already own) or the red cable or the much more expensive black box.

We run into these questions in every new market it seems like, but if you look at other tuning companies that sell the same type of cables, they are all much more expensive. The red cable is actually one of the cheapest tuning cables you can get.

i actually really hope this is true and other cables dont work. cuz if they do then it really throws off the trust factor...but im sure what BNR says is true.

BNRacing
05-02-13, 11:22 AM
It won't work. There is actually an example of someone on here with a CTS that tried to use an ebay cable and it wouldn't work. I'll see if I can find the thread

edit: looks like that thread was deleted for some reason, but the guy was trying to use a cable he bought on ebay that looked like our cable and it wouldn't work.

romanats
05-02-13, 12:23 PM
BRD can you guys set up some kind of rent cable policy or a group buy for us

Ihuntv8
05-02-13, 01:40 PM
300 dollar tune
150 dollar cable
40,000 dollar car. Hmmmm. Lol
I am willing to bet the tune BnR has is gaining 50-70 horse on a stock to lightly modded car! I don't know anyone at BnR, I'm going by what I have seen and done myself with other turbo cars! Factory settings in
Ecu are as safe as u could possibly imagine! To me 500 dollars for 40-50 horsepower will be the cheapest,
And netting the most gains for that dollar amount!! Only reson I haven't called and ordered the tune for
My car yet is because I want to do exhaust and intake first! Guess it really wouldn't matter, and should do a before and after! I have access to an AWD mustang dyno anytime I'd like. The only problem I have is
Time. I have a shop to manage, and have twin daughters! They consume majority of my time, but my 2
Year old daughters love sitting in ats and act like there driving!! Even make shifting sound! Ha

donavo
05-02-13, 02:49 PM
lets get back on the thread subject. can anyone explain how this "50 hp" gain is possible without screwing something up? to my understanding, they de tuned the car so that people can use 87 gas without problems? i have no idea about any of this so correct me if im wrong. and tuning it to a point where its tuned for 91 octane, and whatever PSI increase BNR has done, will achieve this HP without ruining anything? obviously its not guaranteed but i wouldnt want to do this if it decreases the probable life span of the car down to 50k miles. thats my biggest concern, along with flashing it back to 100% stock for warranty purposes, but that seems to have already been covered.

Ihuntv8
05-02-13, 03:08 PM
If u want economy and reliability don't do nothing to car!!!!
Or buy a Prius! I'm not meaning to be rude but this is the same reason I got out of doing aftermarket parts and tuning cars! People want 1 million horsepower, 50 miles to gallon, they want car to drive stock, idle at 899 rpm not 905! There is give and take, u can't modify a car and not expect the absolute worst to happen. I personally think the ATS IS capable of making 425-450 horse reliably, do I know that for sure and could anyone guarantee it? NO!! But I would have to say the million upon millions of dollars the gm engineers put into developing the motor, if the lifespan or performance wasn't up to par, they wouldn't produce the turbo 4 banger! I highly doubt the factory 272 horse is pushing it to max for performance and reliability! Bottom line is, if you don't want to break something, don't mash the gas, don't get into modifying or racing cars! I'm sorry if I seem rude, I'm not trying to be!

ATScape
05-02-13, 04:06 PM
^^
Preach...

BNRacing
05-02-13, 04:12 PM
lets get back on the thread subject. can anyone explain how this "50 hp" gain is possible without screwing something up? to my understanding, they de tuned the car so that people can use 87 gas without problems? i have no idea about any of this so correct me if im wrong. and tuning it to a point where its tuned for 91 octane, and whatever PSI increase BNR has done, will achieve this HP without ruining anything? obviously its not guaranteed but i wouldnt want to do this if it decreases the probable life span of the car down to 50k miles. thats my biggest concern, along with flashing it back to 100% stock for warranty purposes, but that seems to have already been covered.

50+HP is a typical gain on a factory turbo car. These cars are detuned to run 87 safely, as you assumed. We increase boost and timing, and do a few other things, and get big gains. I've had my Cobalt SS tuned since 300 miles and it's got over 40,000 miles on it now. Not a single problem with it. We've tuned literally thousands of cars and have never had a car blow a motor or anything because of our tunes. We buy every vehicle that we market tunes for, we're not some company that wants to learn how to tune your car on your car. We owned one of the first couple ATS 2.0s in the country and have been tuning GM 2.0L FI motors since 2005.

Now also keep in mind that the more you beat on the car the more chance you have of breaking something. If you are responsible and don't dump the clutch at 5k and redline it every day the car will last for a good long time. We've got some of the older 2008 Cobalt SS turbo cars running around with over 100k miles on them with no problems. Also remember that you do have the ability to go back to stock at any time.

donavo
05-02-13, 04:25 PM
50+HP is a typical gain on a factory turbo car. These cars are detuned to run 87 safely, as you assumed. We increase boost and timing, and do a few other things, and get big gains. I've had my Cobalt SS tuned since 300 miles and it's got over 40,000 miles on it now. Not a single problem with it. We've tuned literally thousands of cars and have never had a car blow a motor or anything because of our tunes. We buy every vehicle that we market tunes for, we're not some company that wants to learn how to tune your car on your car. We owned one of the first couple ATS 2.0s in the country and have been tuning GM 2.0L FI motors since 2005.

Now also keep in mind that the more you beat on the car the more chance you have of breaking something. If you are responsible and don't dump the clutch at 5k and redline it every day the car will last for a good long time. We've got some of the older 2008 Cobalt SS turbo cars running around with over 100k miles on them with no problems. Also remember that you do have the ability to go back to stock at any time.

perfect. thats exactly what i was looking for. i dont care about fuel economy or 87 gas. i put 91 only in all my cars by default. if i could get 93, i would put 93. so based on what u said, im assuming this tune is perfeclty safe and reversable. im gonna let a couple more ppl get this and see some extensive reviews and then ill get one for my ats. thanks for answering my questions.

romanats
05-02-13, 05:32 PM
Group Buy and i am in

ATScape
05-02-13, 06:54 PM
Group Buy and i am in

I'll in for a group buy...

JoeyCts
05-02-13, 09:41 PM
Now when you say beat on the car exactly what is the definition for automatics ?? I have the tune and hardly put it in sport mode but when I do I get on it because that's what I bought it for.... Meaning a heavy foot driving but nothing stupid .. If you would give a safe time limit you should drive in sport mode or weekly what would you say ..? Because their are people on this forum without tunes that say all they do is drive in sport mode , which could not be the case when you have tune car ...

ATScape
05-02-13, 10:02 PM
Now when you say beat on the car exactly what is the definition for automatics ?? I have the tune and hardly put it in sport mode but when I do I get on it because that's what I bought it for.... Meaning a heavy foot driving but nothing stupid .. If you would give a safe time limit you should drive in sport mode or weekly what would you say ..? Because their are people on this forum without tunes that say all they do is drive in sport mode , which could not be the case when you have tune car ...

Don't launch the car aggressively too often, keep it off the red line, and minimize successive hard on/off throttle
jabs. Keeps fluids fresh and on really hot days take it easy.

Fraggy
05-03-13, 01:06 AM
I'll in for a group buy...

Me too

JoeyCts
05-03-13, 06:01 AM
Don't launch the car aggressively too often, keep it off the red line, and minimize successive hard on/off throttle
jabs. Keeps fluids fresh and on really hot days take it easy.

This is why I really think I should keep my car stock ... Because my heavy foot driving might really get in the way ... I use to put my cts in sport mode all the time and drive hard an Never Had a PROBLEM... Nothing like having some real fun on a hot summer night... I want BNR to adjust my tune for as conservative as possible all I want is a little edge..

mikesul
05-03-13, 08:24 AM
If u want economy and reliability don't do nothing to car!!!!
Or buy a Prius! I'm not meaning to be rude but this is the same reason I got out of doing aftermarket parts and tuning cars! People want 1 million horsepower, 50 miles to gallon, they want car to drive stock, idle at 899 rpm not 905! There is give and take, u can't modify a car and not expect the absolute worst to happen. I personally think the ATS IS capable of making 425-450 horse reliably, do I know that for sure and could anyone guarantee it? NO!! But I would have to say the million upon millions of dollars the gm engineers put into developing the motor, if the lifespan or performance wasn't up to par, they wouldn't produce the turbo 4 banger! I highly doubt the factory 272 horse is pushing it to max for performance and reliability! Bottom line is, if you don't want to break something, don't mash the gas, don't get into modifying or racing cars! I'm sorry if I seem rude, I'm not trying to be!

I would not be surprised to see the rating on this engine go up to 325 hp from GM in the next couple of years. They were going to put out that much in the Buick Regal GS at one point, but held off. Probably marketing reasons, as they can always bring out a "sportier" model in the future and get a lot of new buyers.

kmb32687
05-03-13, 08:58 PM
My ECM read 334 Hp at 360 tq on E85. My intake temp was running at 90 degrees. So basically I'm running about 290 Hp at wheels. Tq, probably over 300. If my intake run at 20 degrees, my Hp and tq would be much higher.

Bigger intercooler will make a huge difference. Still waiting for pfadt intercooler......

MyersBalls
05-04-13, 12:11 AM
Interested in group buy

BNRacing
05-04-13, 03:43 AM
My ECM read 334 Hp at 360 tq on E85. My intake temp was running at 90 degrees. So basically I'm running about 290 Hp at wheels. Tq, probably over 300. If my intake run at 20 degrees, my Hp and tq would be much higher.

Bigger intercooler will make a huge difference. Still waiting for pfadt intercooler......

That's still 64HP and 90TQ over stock. That's a HUGE gain considering all we did was change fuels and some code!

But yeah if you could get your intake temps down it would help a lot.

romanats
05-04-13, 10:39 AM
BRD are you guys going to set up group buy for us ?

kmb32687
05-04-13, 12:06 PM
That's still 64HP and 90TQ over stock. That's a HUGE gain considering all we did was change fuels and some code!

But yeah if you could get your intake temps down it would help a lot.

Yes. It's a good numbers with 90 degrees temp. Last night was 30 degrees outside and my car was running much faster than before. It's all depends on the weather. Lol. Great job BNR and Trifecta!

BNRacing
05-04-13, 08:08 PM
I could probably do a group buy on the tune/cable but there would have to be 10 people minimum. You get 10 people to commit and I'll do the rest.

romanats
05-04-13, 08:48 PM
who is in for group buy ?

Siren05
05-04-13, 08:48 PM
I could probably do a group buy on the tune/cable but there would have to be 10 people minimum. You get 10 people to commit and I'll do the rest.
I'm in
01-siren05

donavo
05-04-13, 08:53 PM
im in for the group buy.
02-donavo

Siren05
05-04-13, 09:09 PM
1-siren05
2-donavo

----------

1-siren05
2-donavo

romanats
05-04-13, 11:26 PM
3 romanats

MyersBalls
05-04-13, 11:41 PM
3 romanats

4-MyersBalls

Siren05
05-05-13, 07:40 AM
1 siren05
2 donavo
3 romanats
4 myersballs

mikesul
05-05-13, 08:34 AM
If you want to get to ten people you should start a designated post headed "Trifecta/BNR tune group buy" and you will attract more attention. :)

TX_ATS
05-05-13, 01:11 PM
I'm in

marktanner
05-05-13, 03:43 PM
Me too,

torkibe
05-05-13, 05:42 PM
I'd still like to see some actual numbers on the gains for the 3.6.

MyersBalls
05-05-13, 09:11 PM
FYI- if you are interested there is another thread setup for the group buy.