: Brightness adjustment on navigation screen

upnorth
04-30-13, 10:37 PM
Hello all,

Relatively new poster, long time lurker. Hope there is a simple solution to my issue. I have an 08 CTS and the brightness of the pop up navigation/audio screen is very dim. Is there an adjustment to increase brightness? Appreciate any responses.

arw1510
04-30-13, 11:00 PM
yeah, theres a night/day adjustment button. do you have the owners manual for the car? you would probably find a more detailed and quicker response in there

The_Judge
04-30-13, 11:54 PM
Just below the clock is a bar with several buttons, including the emergency flasher. The far right button has what looks like an asterisk over a slash with a crescent moon under it. That cycles you through the three settings, day, night, and auto. I leave mine on day all the time.

jghiller
05-01-13, 06:26 AM
And make sure your NAV software is fairly current. I believe there was an early fix back in 08-09 that addressed day/night/auto setting operation.

tinman
05-01-13, 09:53 AM
And make sure your NAV software is fairly current. I believe there was an early fix back in 08-09 that addressed day/night/auto setting operation.

Here's a whole new can of worms...

Overclock This
05-01-13, 09:57 AM

I have an 08 with the newest maps and it hasn't helped.
I keep mine on day all time time as well.
Would have been nice to be integrated with the dimmer switch.

upnorth
05-01-13, 10:23 PM
Just below the clock is a bar with several buttons, including the emergency flasher. The far right button has what looks like an asterisk over a slash with a crescent moon under it. That cycles you through the three settings, day, night, and auto. I leave mine on day all the time.

Thanks for your assistance, I was able to locate the proper button to make the adjustment.
I did look in the manual before posting but did no locate this issue.
Forums are great a venue for sharing and assisting folks. I appreciate your help today.

The_Judge
05-02-13, 12:02 AM
Glad to have been of assistance.

Actually, this stuff isn't in the Owner's Manual -- it's in a separate booklet called the 2008 CTS Navigation & Audio Guide. I'd post a copy but it's too large -- IM me and I'll e-mail a PDF copy of it to you.