: wrecked my escalade 3 hours ago

bigirb2002
04-30-13, 01:18 PM
i only had it a month i i fell asleep at the wheel after work and went down a embankment and jumped the 6 foot in the air across the median. let me tell u the escalade is a freaking tank. i drove it home it drives fine i just bent the radiator support a lil bit. bent front bumper. broke trailor hitch plug an rear bumper and sideskirt.

jnrsesv
04-30-13, 01:23 PM
Wow glad to hear that you are alright?! Happy to see the damage is minimal.

the cadillac man
04-30-13, 02:54 PM
i only had it a month i i fell asleep at the wheel after work and went down a embankment and jumped the 6 foot in the air across the median. let me tell u the escalade is a freaking tank. i drove it home it drives fine i just bent the radiator support a lil bit. bent front bumper. broke trailor hitch plug an rear bumper and sideskirt.

You are one lucky person most people I see that fall asleep at the wheel end up going to the hospital (not driving though)
I had a close call myself in my car one time and if it hadn't been for the rumble strip I would have went in a riven(it was a real deep one)
The truck can be repaired and it didn't get any major damage just cosmetic

wesyder
04-30-13, 02:54 PM

Glad you are ok... I bet your not sleepy anymore after that ride

bigirb2002
04-30-13, 05:08 PM
Glad you are ok... I bet your not sleepy anymore after that ride

man u hit the nail on the head. i couldnt sleep. im otw outside now to pressure wash her

the cadillac man
04-30-13, 05:54 PM
man u hit the nail on the head. i couldnt sleep. im otw outside now to pressure wash her

Let this be a warning to get a good nights sleep as next time it may be worse

YoshiMan
05-01-13, 12:15 AM
That's the only "problem" with Cadillacs, is how comfortable they are and how hazardous it can be when you are dead tired.

I worked at an Emissions testing facility when i was 18, I was up all night with a head cold and i feel asleep momentarily in a customers DTS while I was driving it on the dynamometer .. Yikes!

It's good you are okay, and it is nice to see that the Escalades can take a few hits and shrug it off so well!

the cadillac man
05-01-13, 12:30 AM
That's the only "problem" with Cadillacs, is how comfortable they are and how hazardous it can be when you are dead tired.

I worked at an Emissions testing facility when i was 18, I was up all night with a head cold and i feel asleep momentarily in a customers DTS while I was driving it on the dynamometer .. Yikes!

It's good you are okay, and it is nice to see that the Escalades can take a few hits and shrug it off so well!

My Chrysler cordoba is the same way(I almost fell asleep at the wheel in that car) but the results wouldn't have been good(I was 18 at the time)
I guess this is the one con to a big heavy full size vehicle

Though ever since I had my close call of falling asleep at the wheel I always keep a drink with caffeine in it(coffee or soda will work)
I am always trying to stay alert while driving and if I don't feel like driving I DON'T drive

wesyder
05-01-13, 07:53 AM
My Chrysler cordoba is the same way(I almost fell asleep at the wheel in that car) but the results wouldn't have been good(I was 18 at the time)
I guess this is the one con to a big heavy full size vehicle

Though ever since I had my close call of falling asleep at the wheel I always keep a drink with caffeine in it(coffee or soda will work)
I am always trying to stay alert while driving and if I don't feel like driving I DON'T drive

5 hour energy is my co-pilot

Silent_Assasin
05-01-13, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck! lucky it wasnt any worse on the truck or yourself! I highly suggest selling your caddy and go buy a real ruff riding un-comfortable vehicle! lol caddys are too nice and comfy for someone who has trouble falling asleep behind the wheel! :tisk:

the cadillac man
05-01-13, 12:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck! lucky it wasnt any worse on the truck or yourself! I highly suggest selling your caddy and go buy a real ruff riding un-comfortable vehicle! lol caddys are too nice and comfy for someone who has trouble falling asleep behind the wheel! :tisk:

Getting a good nights sleep is cheaper then buying a different vehicle

YoshiMan
05-01-13, 05:02 PM
I knew a guy who wrecked his $200 late 80's Ford Tempo because he fell asleep at the wheel, so i don't think that will make much a difference! I would rather crash in an Escalade than anything else.

the cadillac man
05-01-13, 06:34 PM
I knew a guy who wrecked his $200 late 80's Ford Tempo because he fell asleep at the wheel, so i don't think that will make much a difference! I would rather crash in an Escalade than anything else.

I agree

bigirb2002
05-01-13, 07:17 PM
i do own cheaper cars. i got 2 civics and a accord (big honda fan). if i had wrecked one of those it wouldnt have been hitting the hill and jumping the embankment. it would have smashed into the hill

the cadillac man
05-01-13, 08:09 PM
i do own cheaper cars. i got 2 civics and a accord (big honda fan). if i had wrecked one of those it wouldnt have been hitting the hill and jumping the embankment. it would have smashed into the hill

Goes to show how well built an American brand suv is

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-13, 02:47 PM
We're glad that your Escalade took good care of you in this situation, bigirb2002, and it's great to hear that it will live on after the accident. Take care and we hope that any needed repairs go smoothly!

Sarah G. (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care

Silent_Assasin
05-04-13, 10:27 PM
I knew a guy who wrecked his $200 late 80's Ford Tempo because he fell asleep at the wheel, so i don't think that will make much a difference! I would rather crash in an Escalade than anything else. wait...so are you saying an 80s Ford Tempo isnt a sweet car?.....:ride:

the cadillac man
05-04-13, 10:57 PM
wait...so are you saying an 80s Ford Tempo isnt a sweet car?.....:ride:

It isn't the cool factor its how safe it is(am I right?)

Sentinelist
05-05-13, 01:18 PM
Glad you're OK. Driving while sleepy can be just as dangerous as DUI sometimes- it's difficult after a long day at work! Keep a bottle of water in your car, splash some in your face, and then roll the window down. Might help just enough to get home (sleepy only!).

But I crawled under my ESV for the first time yesterday and can concur, these things are definite tanks. That driveshaft! Those skid plate protectors! I love the idea of all of this moving in AWD unison going down the road. Love this truck.

Makes your neighbor's Toyota Highlander pretty lame, doesn't it? But you knew that.

the cadillac man
05-05-13, 02:28 PM
Glad you're OK. Driving while sleepy can be just as dangerous as DUI sometimes- it's difficult after a long day at work! Keep a bottle of water in your car, splash some in your face, and then roll the window down. Might help just enough to get home (sleepy only!).

But I crawled under my ESV for the first time yesterday and can concur, these things are definite tanks. That driveshaft! Those skid plate protectors! I love the idea of all of this moving in AWD unison going down the road. Love this truck.

Makes your neighbor's Toyota Highlander pretty lame, doesn't it? But you knew that.

I agree with the build of these trucks(ever crawl under a hummer h2 those look unstoppable)
The only difference between it and the escalade is the skid plates
I learned young to keep a drink in the vehicle when I drive at all times(and denfently on long trips)