: Swapping Tire Inflator Kit for Compact Spare Kit?

ROC OUT
04-30-13, 12:15 PM
Anyone done this? Just curious if after purchasing the compact spare kit (Cadillac/GM Part # 19179359) I will have to modify the wheel well of my 2008 CTS to accommodate the compact spare kit?

OMG
04-30-13, 12:35 PM
It is staight bolt in. There is a forum discount deal from Lindsay Cadillac in the vendors section. Help support the people that support the forum.

Tbbt
04-30-13, 12:37 PM
Anyone done this? Just curious if after purchasing the compact spare kit (Cadillac/GM Part # 19179359) I will have to modify the wheel well of my 2008 CTS to accommodate the compact spare kit?

Roc,

There are MANY threads if you do a search, maybe for 'spare tire'.

Jagillac
04-30-13, 12:57 PM
This won't fit in the coupe trunk will it?

ROC OUT
04-30-13, 01:27 PM
It is staight bolt in. There is a forum discount deal from Lindsay Cadillac in the vendors section. Help support the people that support the forum.

Thank you for the response. I reviewed the 51 posts in the Aproved Vendor Classifieds section and none seem to be offering a discount on this part. I even did a search of that particular forum using the part number, "compact spare" and "spare tire" with no results. Will keep checking.

Roc,

There are MANY threads if you do a search, maybe for 'spare tire'.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know, it may be me, but I have a difficult time finding things on this forum. Guess I just need to get used to it. Will continue looking.

OMG
04-30-13, 01:39 PM
Looks like the thread is a wee bit old. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/129575-spare-tire-kit-08-cts-3.html

You best bet will be email or calling Luke.

The reason you're having a hard time finding things on this forum is not because of the search...in fact it has a decent search engine.

It's simply because the forum is lacking. Our cars aren't as mass produced and the majority of the clientele aren't DIY'er's or modders.

ROC OUT
04-30-13, 02:00 PM
Looks like the thread is a wee bit old. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/129575-spare-tire-kit-08-cts-3.html

You best bet will be email or calling Luke.

The reason you're having a hard time finding things on this forum is not because of the search...in fact it has a decent search engine.

It's simply because the forum is lacking. Our cars aren't as mass produced and the majority of the clientele aren't DIY'er's or modders.

Yep, I noticed that quite a few of the threads pertaining to the compact spare are from 2008 through 2011 and 2012. In any event I contacted a forum vendor for pricing.

My short time on this forum has been fine and I have noticed your last comment. I am also on Corvetteforum and LS1Tech and find that there are many, many members that, like me, actually get into pretty complicated performance installs of everything from exhausts, to intakes, to audio, to internal engine work and interior and exterior appearance mods. So, I am no stranger to the DIY scene. I always appreciate these forums for the information and comments of other members as they are tremendously helpful.

Best Regards!

Tbbt
04-30-13, 02:07 PM
Roc,

The older threads and posts are your best bet, for a 2008 CTS, pertaining to most questions you may have. I would suggest that you look at local salvage yards for a compact spare. It will most likely be unused and would be your best bet.

C "T" ess
05-02-13, 11:02 AM
Contact a local salvage dealer and see if they have a CTS. I bet if they do it will be a lot cheaper.

ROC OUT
05-03-13, 11:31 AM
Roc,

The older threads and posts are your best bet, for a 2008 CTS, pertaining to most questions you may have. I would suggest that you look at local salvage yards for a compact spare. It will most likely be unused and would be your best bet.

Contact a local salvage dealer and see if they have a CTS. I bet if they do it will be a lot cheaper.

Thanks for all the responses and tips. Been checking local salvage yards in and around Austin with no luck. Looks like I will be ordering a new kit.

Cheers!

xCCTer
05-21-14, 11:35 AM
Just purchased 19179359 Spare Tire Kit (Complete with tools, new door jamb stickers, instructions and valve stem) from GM Parts Direct (Flow Chevy) for $353.58 with shipping.

You have to mount the tire on the wheel and install the valve stem since they won't ship a tire under pressure. Getting more expensive with time. Still worth the price for peace of mind.

Mark