: Anyone run a 315/35-19 on the rears?

CMNTMXR57
04-30-13, 01:07 AM
Got a new set of OEM wheels dirt cheap (all 4), looking to put summer rubber on them and thinking about playing around with sizes in the rear. Curious if anyone has tried a 315/35-19 in the rear. Of course the next challenge will be actually finding a decent tire in that size, but based on the tire calculator, it's only .01% too slow, which is the closest I have gotten mixing widths and aspect ratios.

STS LC3
04-30-13, 07:16 AM
Will the 315/35 fit in the wheel well and not rub through the full suspension travel?

1madstsv
04-30-13, 10:14 AM
It will not work it will mess up the tc/sc. I ran a 295/35/19 on by old car and now that the tread is warn way down the tc/sc is kicking in all the time. So that goes to show how close a 295 is to not working. And it just fits under the car and wheel. 305/315 would need a spacer and would not look right on the wheel.

CMNTMXR57
04-30-13, 10:31 AM
Thanks.

I can't find any summer only tires (unless I went full out competition tires), on Tire Rack anyway, much less a matched set for front/rear, so...

boomys10
04-30-13, 10:51 AM
im thinking about running some et street in stock size this year to be honest.

CMNTMXR57
04-30-13, 12:31 PM
Unless you go to the drag strip frequently, that wouldn't be a tire I'd put on.

I ended up ordering Continental Extreme Contact DW's in the OEM sizes. So now I will have the DWS's on my stock wheels, and the DW's on the summer wheels.

Tire Rack only had the fronts, but Discount Tire Direct had the rears. Their price "with free shipping" (so you know it was baked in to the total tire price), was the same as TR's with shipping, so I took them.

Tires should be here this weekend, already have all TPMS's, and I'll just swap center caps.

boomys10
04-30-13, 12:51 PM
most of the guys i run with have et streets and love them. i was thining about nittos but they all have VERY bad reviews in my group so just staying away from them. i have thd dws on mine now and they are a good tire, but dont get good traction for me when im trying to be slightly more aggressive with going from stopped to fast more quickly. lol

CMNTMXR57
04-30-13, 01:10 PM
The Nittos seem to have noise as the biggest complaint.

I actually love the DWS's. I hated them for the longest time because I couldn't stand to look at them, but finally price won out vs. other options. Turns out I like them soo much, I put them on the Impala too! And the person that drives that daily is in love with them. Granted a rubber band over the wheel in place of the OEM Goodyear Eagle RS-A's are an improvement (how GY was allowed to sell that tire legally for so long amazes me, but...).

wake
05-03-13, 10:22 PM
315s are way too wide for a 9.5" wheel.

I run 315s on my Corvette and to do so you need an 11" wheel width to fill things out properly. Running too wide a tire on a skinny rim will force the sidewall to have to bulge and roll over to seal.