: Stopped by a dealer today

amunderdog
04-29-13, 08:53 PM
Had some time to kill so i thought i would see the new ATS and XTS
Was not a fan of the XTS.
They had some SRX but did not really looks at them.
Got talking to a sales person about my interest in a new FWD mabe AWD Cadillac.
What an experience:(

Strike one!
So i ask about the ATS and he claimed the ATS was rear drive only
"Whether you prefer the performance-tuned Rear-Wheel Drive or the available all-weather capable All-Wheel Drive, the ATS was purposefully engineered to deliver exceptional handling and control".

Strike two!
He says he has a used NorthStar powered AWD STS.
I say what? I would like to see this car.
He claims back in the day we sold many AWD STS.
I look and find no such thing; He is heart broken (it has window stickers and advertisement as AWD).

Strike three!
The only thing he had i may have had a use for was a 2006 DTS 70,000Mi $20,000 And it was on an island of misfit toys i did not feel like a bus trip to see.
Later in the day we see a local trader paper with a 2005 DeVille half the miles and half the money:)

Not sure why he just glossed over several CTS they had.
cast an eye over over a red platnum edition they wanted 70K for.
I asked about a Wagon he said there are only two in the state?I asked about the V lineup and he mumbled something about not being the kind of dealer that can sell or order them.

Think i will just keep going with 1993 thru 1995

EChas3
04-29-13, 10:43 PM
I have a used Northstar powered AWD STS. Cadillac made a bunch of them 2005-2010.

amunderdog
04-29-13, 11:18 PM
Thanks
http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/sts/2006/
But alas they did not have one unless they where using those cool electric wheel motors.

http://www.motivemag.com/Content/uploads/1/CTS1_right.jpg

Aron9000
04-30-13, 03:06 AM
I have to ask, was this a stand alone Cadillac dealer or did they sell Cadillac/Chevy/GMC/Buick/Kia/Hyundia . . .

I say this because the Cadillac/Chevy/Buick dealer on the other side of town sucks IMO as far as Cadillacs they have in stock and the knowledge of their salespeople. Andrews Cadillac in Brentwood is first rate IMO, very knowledgeable staff about their new products and the guys at the parts counter have helped me out a couple of different times on findings some rather esoteric trim bits for my older Caddys.

amunderdog
04-30-13, 08:04 AM
The dealer is
Chevrolet GMC Buick Cadillac
That is the order on there sign.

1BadCadSTS
04-30-13, 08:37 AM
Hate to burst your rant but on my LH2 4.6 N* V8 there's 1 transfer case 2 differentials and 4 drive axles....
There's a convenient little "4" subscript after the STS on the deck lid too to eliminate any confusion....

CTSCHICK
04-30-13, 10:51 AM
My CTS was listed and priced as a Performance sedan instead of Premium after signing the paperwork when the sales chick came out to assist me with programming all of the functions in the car to my liking before I left did she notice and say wait this is a Premium model oh well.
I tried calling her about a Majestic Plum Metallic ATS but she is no longer there can't help but think if that is the reason she isnt there.

This is a large freshly renovated Cadillac only dealer that shares a large mall sized lot with their Bmw Dealership.
Sales chick told me while helping me program everything in the car because she didnt even need to look at manual for anything she had it all memorized.
Anyways she told me while doing all of that they had to do monthly test's online with Cadillac where they had to know everything inside and out with every Cadillac model and they were obligated to score a certain % to keep their job.

amunderdog
04-30-13, 03:08 PM
Not a rant.
Just sharing and learning:)
Did not know about the badge.
I am old school - turned the wheel to lock and looked in there on both.
No front drive axle i did see an empty notched out area in the sub frame where an axle would go.
Wonder if they did have an AWD CTS or ATS there?
What badge do you look for on them?

Looked under an ATS it was busy under there and the rear differential looked tiny.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cm/popularmechanics/images/fQ/ats-differential-graphic.jpg

truckinman
04-30-13, 05:59 PM
Any Cadillac that's AWD will simply have a "4" after its model on its trunk. I.e. CTS4 or STS4 xts4 etc etc. all but the escalade that is.

Jesda
04-30-13, 07:58 PM
Turnover is high in auto sales. Not surprised to see salesman lacking in knowledge about their product.

I'm looking forward to the new CTS.

bigm57ict
05-01-13, 10:27 AM
Any Cadillac that's AWD will simply have a "4" after its model on its trunk. I.e. CTS4 or STS4 xts4 etc etc. all but the escalade that is.

Good to know. The first time I noticed a CTS 4. I thought "Oh great! Now you can get a Cadillac with a 4-cylinder"

Perhaps they should rethink that badging.

cadillac kevin
05-01-13, 11:47 AM
Good to know. The first time I noticed a CTS 4. I thought "Oh great! Now you can get a Cadillac with a 4-cylinder"

Thats what I thought when I saw them. I was like dafuq?

thebigjimsho
05-01-13, 12:16 PM
Not a rant.
Just sharing and learning:)
Did not know about the badge.
I am old school - turned the wheel to lock and looked in there on both.
No front drive axle i did see an empty notched out area in the sub frame where an axle would go.
Wonder if they did have an AWD CTS or ATS there?
What badge do you look for on them?

Looked under an ATS it was busy under there and the rear differential looked tiny.

Iron.

truckinman
05-01-13, 12:54 PM

Makes sense, only I've never ever seen a car company advertise on their trunk lids that this car only had a 4 cylinder. It's always got the displacement numbers instead of simply saying its a 4 cyl. What's exciting about that. So you'll see "2.5" or something to that effect. Never just a 4 to advertise the cylinder count in that particular car.

EChas3
05-01-13, 08:53 PM
X-Drive. Quadratrac, 4matic, AWD.

"4" is actually minimalist!

CTSCHICK
05-02-13, 02:37 PM
Got an email that reminded me of this thread talk about strike 1,2,3 You Are Out!
How about an email typed out all in cap's from a sales chick at a Cadillac dealership telling me thanks for wasting her time when it took her over a week to get back to me about a price, color, options ect on a 2nd Cadillac??
When I called the same dealer yesterday and requested a different sales person and took him 45 minutes followed by a phone call today on the estimated arrival of the car LOL

That bitch isn't going to like me very much once I print the email and bring it with me for my oil change.

orconn
05-02-13, 02:50 PM
Just another reflection of the "Entitled Generation" ..... incompetent people who feel just their presence means the world owes them a living!

It is bad enough that the salesperson's incompetence left you waiting for information, easily obtained by them, for a ridiculous length of time, but that this narcissistic moron would feel entitled to reprimand you for her lack of skill and competence .... is I am afraid all too common today.

I would look for a different dealership from which to purchase my Cadillac. The fact that this dealership has such poor management supervision doesn't bode well for the competence of other dealership functions!

CTSCHICK
05-02-13, 03:03 PM
From my past experiences with this dealership I think she is more like the one rotten apple that ruins the basket.

I think giving her a week to do what she had to do with out being bothered was more than fair considering all of my info is in their system and available instantly.

Aron9000
05-03-13, 04:42 AM
From my past experiences with this dealership I think she is more like the one rotten apple that ruins the basket.

I think giving her a week to do what she had to do with out being bothered was more than fair considering all of my info is in their system and available instantly.

I work in hospitality at a 4 star/4 diamond hotel that caters to the same people who would buy a brand new Cadillac. It just amazes me how incompetent car dealerships are at basic customer service. If I were to cop an attitude with a guest or client hosting a meeting like your salesperson seems to have done, I'd be severely repremended if not fired for such bs.

There is a whole language of diplomacy in dealing with irrational/difficult people that I've learned over the years of doing this job. There are certain ways of smoothing things over and making them feel important without appearing weak at the negotiating table of price for your services. The #1 thing I've learned is that having excellent communication with your clients is the most important thing in my business.

vincentm
05-03-13, 10:03 AM
Do you have any good ideas that may help this place become the most active Cadillac web site online? If so, please let me know. I'm going to make every effort to make this place THE place to go for FAST answers to important questions.

Thank you

I worked as a hotel front desk associate for years with Marriott in AZ and CA, Hyatt, the Washington Athletic Club in Seattle, and the Seattle Crowne plaza. I know what you mean..

thebigjimsho
05-03-13, 02:06 PM
I worked as a hotel front desk associate for years with Marriott in AZ and CA, Hyatt, the Washington Athletic Club in Seattle, and the Seattle Crowne plaza. I know what you mean..

hmm...