: Cadillac Corral Austin May 18

D3l7a3ch0
04-29-13, 08:51 PM
https://www.cadillacvseriesracing.com/

Cadillac Corral 18 May @ Austin

having attended the Long Beach Corral, I receive these emails now--and not seeing this posted in general discussion, here is the thread~

my parents are in San Antonio, my sisters attend UT... if it wasn't so close to spring break (when I visited this month), I would go

I'm still tempted to make a midnight drive to/from.

P-Funk
04-30-13, 09:54 AM
Sounds great! I would definitely go except it comes when I will be out of state on vacation. :helpless:

D3l7a3ch0
04-30-13, 11:17 AM
if Cadillac does it like they did in Long Beach, it will be amazing

if the screens in the rest tent were bigger, there's no reason to be in the grandstands... jonathan2169 and I joked about it: with the track so close to the tent, it felt like a television with really great surround sound.

and the food! hot burgers and bacon-wrapped wurst, chicken, and hot trimmings for most of the day. all you can eat. and in the late afternoon it was a cornucopia of -whole- candy bars (starburst/snickers/etc) like those thanksgiving horns-of-plenty... -piled- on a table like someone emptied a vending machine

and barrels of soda and water on ice.

all day long.

it's a great way to do the races

still tempted to attend, just for the comedy of following-up with Austin one month after Long Beach. I'm 100% positive I would do it if my sisters weren't out of country/studying abroad this semester.

sorry, I know. I have a habit of typing too much. robojesus says I ramble (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/286874-another-nav-problem-thread-post3298563.html#post3298563), I think he's right. (can you imagine in 30 more years...)

Joe_Shmoe
05-04-13, 06:15 PM
Does it stay open for the whole day's events? I'd like to see the Aussie supercar races that evening.

D3l7a3ch0
05-04-13, 10:51 PM
the long beach corral stayed open rather late.

also keep in mind the Corral was only Sunday.

I don't know the schedule for Austin, but if the event you're interested in is on the same day as Andy and Johnny's, you should be able catch it--I doubt Cadillac will herd cars out until after the spectator events are long over

according to user gmtech, they left late and there was no mention of any hassles... (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-general/286111-cadillac-corral-returns-long-beach-grand-post3292509.html#post3292509)

GizmoQ
05-07-13, 02:24 AM
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/PirelliWorldChallengeattheCircuitoftheAmericasMay1 8-19_zps34a21bfe.jpg (http://s943.photobucket.com/user/GizmoQ/media/CadillacForums/PirelliWorldChallengeattheCircuitoftheAmericasMay1 8-19_zps34a21bfe.jpg.html)

branland
05-07-13, 06:39 AM
Long haul to Austin. About 18 hours depending on how hard your rolling. I thought about going to Sonoma, but that's still 7 hours. If it were still Champ Car in would go and make a weekend of it. But I've never warmed up to the IRL or whatever they call themselves these days.

hambycm
05-20-13, 10:21 AM
I made it out to Austin this weekend for this event. I wanted to give Cadillac some props and let everyone know that they put on a great event. There were about 200 attendees in the tent, and about 100 various Vs in the parking lot. Most of them were V2s, but I believe there were 4 V1s (one of which was mine :cool2:), 2 or 3 XLRs, and a couple of STSs. Johnny O'Connell won the Pirelli GT class race on Saturday in the CTS-Vr coupe, with Andy Pilgrim getting on the podium in 3rd. They weren't quite as successful on Sunday, but the racing was fun to watch.

As far as accommodations go, the VIP tent was terrific. We were located at the top of the hill on Turn 1, which was absolutely the best vantage point of anywhere in the facility. They had unlimited beverages (non-alcoholic) and snacks, plus breakfast and lunch provided. We parked literally 200 yards away from the tent, which is a huge convenience at this facility. All said, it was a great weekend, and I'll be a return customer if they offer an event in my area again.

GizmoQ
05-20-13, 07:35 PM
I made it out to Austin this weekend for this event. I wanted to give Cadillac some props and let everyone know that they put on a great event. There were about 200 attendees in the tent, and about 100 various Vs in the parking lot. Most of them were V2s, but I believe there were 4 V1s (one of which was mine :cool2:), 2 or 3 XLRs, and a couple of STSs. Johnny O'Connell won the Pirelli GT class race on Saturday in the CTS-Vr coupe, with Andy Pilgrim getting on the podium in 3rd. They weren't quite as successful on Sunday, but the racing was fun to watch.

As far as accommodations go, the VIP tent was terrific. We were located at the top of the hill on Turn 1, which was absolutely the best vantage point of anywhere in the facility. They had unlimited beverages (non-alcoholic) and snacks, plus breakfast and lunch provided. We parked literally 200 yards away from the tent, which is a huge convenience at this facility. All said, it was a great weekend, and I'll be a return customer if they offer an event in my area again.

Good to hear. I'll let them know the Texans were impressed.

Spastic
05-21-13, 08:44 PM
I was there too, silver V1 in the sea of V2's. I was a little disappointed that the Caddy owners bailed right after the Pirelli race both days, c'mon guys, check out the rest of the races! I left at the end of the day both days and there was literally one or two V's left out there. I had a lot of fun though, and the tent was awesome. My main disappointment was that all the cars were too quiet. When I went to the Grand Am race at COTA I practically had my ears blown out by all the beautiful exhaust sounds. I could barely hear the Porsches and Australian Supercars, and the Caddy was one of the few Pirelli cars that actually sounded good. It's pretty sad when a 4 banger Lotus is one of the loudest cars ;)