Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Quick question on storing my V wagon

784 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1997BlackETC 
#1 ·
I'm going to leave a battery maintainer on my battery so it maintains charge as I'm storing the car for the summer and I was thinking about leaving the rear hatch slightly up so as not crimp the wires going to battery (battery is in back of car as you know) this should be alright right? I tried leaving the hatch slightly open for 2 days and it was fine. I see no reason for it to shut down by itself? I'll leave the windows down too because it gets hot in my garage. Probably run a little fuel stabilizer in the tank too just to keep the gas fresh. More than likely I'll be back in Fla for a couple weeks over the summer and take it for some drives then too. I don't think these PS2's will flat spot as they are very soft rubber unlike the RSA's on my other vehicle which I've had some problems although they normally smooth out after a few days of driving.

#4 ·
I just removed my V from 5 months of winter storage this last Saturday (yay!). I shut the trunk lid on the wires for the Battery Tender and have never had an issue with damaging the wires or leaving an indentation in the weather seal. It is small gauge wire and the seal material is very resilient.

I have no thoughts beyond that. I have no knowledge of summer storage requirements, especially in a warm and humid climate.

#5 ·
Windows up or down the car will be the same temp/ humidity as the inside of the garage since sun wont be a factor. I would leave them up to keep critters out of there,IMO. Last thing you want is a wasp nest or something in there .I could also take it for a spin this summer while on vacation for ya:yup:

#6 ·
Ya sure, I'll invite you all over to take a spin in the car, not, lol. :) Ya, guess I'll just leave the windows down a crack and use the terminals under the hood, good idea. The hood being open would not run the risk of tripping the alarm or anything? If so, I suppose I could close the hood with the wires attached although rather leave the hood open so I can see that the wires were not dislodged from the terminals or anything when closing it. Glad I did this post, sounds like a simple solution in attaching the clips to the remote batt terminals under the hood. I hate to put it away, just put way too many miles on the car this winter and don't want to drive it another 1500 miles back up north, I'm too busy sailing all the time summers anyhow as I race sailboats, plus I'll have my new TDI Jetta Sport Wagen to take to the drag track, joking, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.