: N* 4.6 Bad Compression, Help Please

Hawk996
04-29-13, 03:01 PM
Hello All, I have a 2004 Deville (135,000 miles) w/ a 4.6 N*. It was running very poorly and throwing a misfire code on cylinder 2. I did a compression check and have 60 lbs on 2, 80 lbs on 4, 80 lbs on 6 and 120 lbs on 8. All the odd cylinders are 150 lbs or over.

I am a decent back yard mechanic and have no problems changing timing belts, water pumps etc.. but feel like this may be beyond my scope. I am currently living in a pretty rural area and none of the garages around will touch a N* I called and spoke to a guy from N* Performance and he said that I need to pull off the valve cover and see whats going on. His bet it stuck lifters? I have never had a head off an engine before but my first thought was head gasket?

Just trying to figure out my best option for the next step I guess. Im in NE Pennsylvania and close to Southern tier NY / Binghamton, NY if that helps, maybe someone can recommend a Cadillac garage. I am a bit leery of dealers and obviously am looking to get this fixed as affordable as possible.

I really like my Cadillac, its near mint body and interior.

Thanks...

RippyPartsDept
04-29-13, 03:33 PM
JoeTahoe is north of you in NY .... he's done about 4 of these jobs ... let me see if I can find him for you

JoeTahoe
04-29-13, 04:30 PM
I sent you a PM Hawk

98eldo32v
04-29-13, 04:37 PM
There is a TSB about this possible condition......