Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2013 V Wagon in transit... 4 weeks from order date

2K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Random84 
#1 ·
Placed an order for a manual Wagon in Opulent Blue / Titanium interior on March 30th with an estimated build date for the week of May 13th.

Got an email today saying the car was in transit with a date of April 30th listed. I am not sure if my salesman was trying to say it will be on the hauler by the 30th or if that is the estimated time of actual delivery based on the wording of the email.

In either case, it looks like the car was build in under a month and should be ready for pickup well before the stated build date, or by the end of the week!

#5 ·
Awesome and congrats on an early manufacture.

6MT V wagon is simply an incredible car. I love mine and you will, too.

#6 ·
Judging by the times other people have endured, I'm either lucky, the order volume is way down, and/or it's because my dealer had "allocation." :D

Definitely excited; now I just hope it gets here before friday. I mean seriously, what if I had to wait... longer???

#7 ·
Based on my discussion with the plant PR person around the same time, they were building standard color V wagons fairly quickly, but those of us who ordered the stealth blue have to wait until this week or next week for production. or something like that. I ordered the stealth blue the first day it was available for order, and I am told it will be built maybe this week.

#10 ·
Very nice. I can't wait to see both of your pictures. I tried to order a Stealth Blue wagon, but the dealers I was working with didn't really know what was going on. When they finally tried to place the order, ordering was already closed. The system would let you configure a car, but it wouldn't confirm the order. Unfortunately, I'll have to settle for a SB sedan with the Twilight seats and some other options (it had already been ordered by another dealer and was in the system). If the wagon came with twilight blue seats, I might be upset, but since it didn't, it's almost a fair trade.

Tim

#11 ·
i received word today that my v wagon in stealth blue is built and being shipped out, so they are a few days ahead of the estimate the factory gave me a month ago. mine has stealth package and no other options (recaro, manual, black wheels, fuzzy steering wheel and shifter, black wood trim). I would have been happy to skip the black wheels, fuzzy steering wheel and wood trim since it adds a lot of money for not a lot of effect, but i liked the stealth blue. too bad the wagons dont have the option for the purple interior - even though the blue/purple interior might be ugly, at least it adds some color. the safron trim available on the couple really is sharp in person

#15 ·
yes, you're right - the build-it website does indicate black chrome grill part of stealth blue package, but interestingly, the image the build-it website shows has a regular chrome grill but with black wheels. and also lists the black grille as an extra option. i guess we'll see. doesnt really matter, since neither grille is actually chrome. my 04 V had a real chrome grill which was sharp!

#23 ·
Munching popcorn and waiting....congrats! Bet you had a sleepless night!

#24 ·
I always sleep like a rock. :D It actually worked out not trying to get the car yesterday, as there's always the odds and ends you forget about: cleaning out the trade in, getting the keys and paperwork together, etc. Add on a now-sick child and it makes for a busy day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.