: Grill Paint chipped -- thanks Michigan!

WannaV
04-29-13, 11:13 AM
Went to Michigan this weekend and apparently they fill pot holes with loose gravel? Anyway, my car got a sandblasting from an old lady that cut me off and now I have paint chips on the dark part of the grill. Does anyone know if GM makes touch up paint for the dark gray part of the grill?

YoshiFD3S
04-29-13, 11:17 AM
My first suggestion would be to call your dealership and ask if they make touch-up paint pens in that color.

gohawks63
04-29-13, 05:29 PM
Welcome to Michigan.

Another option that I have used with my car is DrColorchip.com

Often when using a touch up pen or a brush you will get a blob. Their product helps fill in the chip so it's a little less noticeable. I have ordered kits for all four of my cars and have been pretty pleased with it.

Road rash is a bit more challenging. I have that on my previous car. It helped, but didn't eliminate it.

WannaV
05-01-13, 09:28 AM
I tried the dealership route - and as I thought - no touchup paint for grill. So I guess I will have to go to a body shop.......

thebigjimsho
05-06-13, 03:06 PM
The grilles are painted?

Hoosier Daddy
05-06-13, 08:24 PM
The grilles are painted?
Yes, until you drive thru enough gravel.

WannaV
05-09-13, 12:00 PM
It appears the grill has some "coating" over chrome. There is no paint that I can find that matches. I have been to several body shops and paint stores. Closest thing I could come up with is a gunmetal paint made by Testors - model paint! It looks like the coating lets the chrome shine through it -- maybe it is a transparent paint? Wish someone at Cadillac could chime in.

WannaV
05-16-13, 08:02 AM
Emailed Cadillac and the called me - best answer I could get is what I stated above -- they advised me to go to a paint store and get a lacquer paint that is transparent?