: Free car??

msheikh25
04-29-13, 09:03 AM
So I'm coming up right at a month since I leased my car and still have not received anything in the mail yet from Ally regarding account, payments, etc. My lease says Ally Smartlease but when I just called them, they have no record of it (even after pulling up the car by VIN number). They said to try dealer or GM financial but lease clearly says Ally on it so I doubt its GM Financial. I haven't been able to get in touch with the dealer yet but kind of funny that I have to hunt THEM down to pay my bill. Maybe I just got a free car...lol.

73JPS
04-29-13, 09:11 AM
You can always hope! Unfortunately, it rarely works out that way...

SLA
04-29-13, 10:37 AM
They did the same thing to us. We were waiting and waiting and then we finally called. We were one day away from getting charged a late fee.

msheikh25
04-29-13, 10:46 AM
They did the same thing to us. We were waiting and waiting and then we finally called. We were one day away from getting charged a late fee.

Pretty bizarre. Did the dealer just not file the contract with Ally? I would think if they screwed up, late fees should be waived.

adiaz2331
04-29-13, 11:23 AM
I'm almost 3 weeks in with my car, and I have not received any information from US Bank yet. I contacted the dealership to see if they can provide me with the lease account number. If they can do that, I can sign up for the US Bank website and worry about the trees that are chopped down for the contract later lol.

gfxbt
04-29-13, 12:12 PM
I had a US Bank Lease and experienced the same thing. It was coming up to when the due date should be, but I hadn't received anything from US Bank. Called US Bank and they had no record of anything (in fact, they were quite rude and insisted that I must have lease with someone else, although I was looking at the lease agreement and it clearly said US Bank). Called the dealer. Turns out they never actually submitted the lease to US Bank (they filled something out incorrectly, needed to change it and get my signature, etc. and I guess it fell through the cracks). Ended up having to make my first payment at the dealer - not that big of a deal.

Long story short, this kind of stuff happens. BUT - you got the car when you got the car and that's when the lease started. I'd try to get to the bottom of it. Although it is fun not having to pay, eventually someone will figure it out and then it can turn into a problem (e.g., you may owe three months at one time, etc.). In my opinion, it is better to get it sorted now. And if I had to guess, I'd guess that the dealer forgot to submit the paperwork.

SLA
04-29-13, 01:01 PM
Pretty bizarre. Did the dealer just not file the contract with Ally? I would think if they screwed up, late fees should be waived.

It was US Bank. I forget exactly what they said but it sounded like BS to me.

adiaz2331
04-30-13, 09:30 AM
So funny, I say I haven't received anything yet, and my lease statement is waiting for me in my mail at home lol.

msheikh25
04-30-13, 09:38 AM
So funny, I say I haven't received anything yet, and my lease statement is waiting for me in my mail at home lol.

lol...nice. I have been expecting that for the last few weeks too but today I'm right exactly at a month since I got the car and still nothing. I emailed my dealer yesterday about this and also to follow up on another issue with a missing highway safety kit which was supposed to be included in my car but was not. He completely ignored the part about not receiving the lease bill as if they just don't want me to pay them...lol. He continues to give me the run around about the missing safety kit also (actually the 4th time I've contacted him about it and he keeps saying he will mail it to me but now apparently its hard to come by). Terrible post-sale service from a "luxury" brand. I've been putting off filling out the customer satisfaction survey until these things are resolved and the scores are just dropping by the day :/

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-04-13, 12:03 PM
msheikh25,
My name is Sarah and I'm helping Laura while she's out of the office. This is a very interesting situation you are in with your dealership - are there any updates since your last post? If there is anything you would like for us to check into on your behalf, please don't hesitate to contact us here on the forum via private message (include your name, VIN, and the name of your dealership).

Regards,
Sarah G.
Cadillac Customer Service

Y2tony3
05-05-13, 05:10 PM
Same thing happened to me! I bought my car 3/24/13 and till today I have not received anything at all!! Because I value my credit I had to hunt these people down to try and make a payment!! I was pissed off at the fact that I had to do that. According to ally they don't charge late fees so I could make my Payment without a fee. Still though
I was hoping for a free car too...Hehe

M5eater
05-06-13, 10:53 AM
I had a US Bank Lease and experienced the same thing. It was coming up to when the due date should be, but I hadn't received anything from US Bank. Called US Bank and they had no record of anything (in fact, they were quite rude and insisted that I must have lease with someone else, although I was looking at the lease agreement and it clearly said US Bank). Called the dealer. Turns out they never actually submitted the lease to US Bank (they filled something out incorrectly, needed to change it and get my signature, etc. and I guess it fell through the cracks). Ended up having to make my first payment at the dealer - not that big of a deal.

Long story short, this kind of stuff happens. BUT - you got the car when you got the car and that's when the lease started. I'd try to get to the bottom of it. Although it is fun not having to pay, eventually someone will figure it out and then it can turn into a problem (e.g., you may owe three months at one time, etc.). In my opinion, it is better to get it sorted now. And if I had to guess, I'd guess that the dealer forgot to submit the paperwork.

Absolutely followup, don't assume their failure to notify you of a payment being due absolves you from paying on time. If you don't you'll find a late payment fee waiting for you.