Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1968 Cadillac Flower Car

10K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  The-Dullahan 
#1 ·
This is new to me....has anyone ever heard of a Cadillac Flower Car?? This guy near me has one for sale . He claims that the cars were made by Miami Coach Works and in very limited numbers. It apparently is on a 2 Dr DeVille Chassis with the 472 setup. He wants $9500 for it because of it's rarity I'm gathering. It looks like a large El Camino and he calls it the Mirage style. Apparently it's used in the funeral services business to transport flowers to the internment site. The car looks really good with 80,000 on her.

#3 ·
Yep. There was some posted here not too long ago, not sure where. Some came with features like a working tailgate or side storages but had a basic commercial interior with no radio and basic leather panels. It'd be cool to see a 68 flower car with the high compression big motor...bet I could get it down the track fast.

#6 ·
Evel's car wasn't a flower car. It was a custom pickup. He had more than one, as well. Lots of info out there. Flower cars aren't really rare, but they are definitely scarcer than limos or hearses. Plenty of coachbuilt Caddies out there to pick from... pickups, flower cars, limos (short, long, factory, coach, highroof, six door, etc), hearse, ambulance...

#10 ·
jayoldschool said:
Evel's car wasn't a flower car. It was a custom pickup. He had more than one, as well. Lots of info out there. Flower cars aren't really rare, but they are definitely scarcer than limos or hearses. Plenty of coachbuilt Caddies out there to pick from... pickups, flower cars, limos (short, long, factory, coach, highroof, six door, etc), hearse, ambulance...
Once on CL I saw a factory looking 90 350 brougham with suicide doors.....I wonder if it was some sort of mini limo conversion? It had no interior shots of the rear area unfortunately (If I had the 3k at the time, I definitely would have looked into buying it. It was sweet looking.)

#11 ·
The Guy I bought my 75' CDV from had one of those Fleetwood Brougham Castilian Wagons, It threw me for a loop and i had to stop and take a closer look at it, becuase at the time even with all the research I had done, I didn't know such a thing existed!

Those flower cars probablty wouldn't be a bad investment, and could have some practical uses too so long as it had a drop down tail gate

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
I do not watch television, so nope.

Every so often a Hearse becomes famous from the teletube though and someone tells me about it and I'm all like "You mean (insert friend's name)'s Hearse?" and have to dig out albums.

This also happens with music videos and one of Luke's album covers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.