: Thinking of purchasing

gregf90
04-28-13, 11:36 PM
I am seriously thinking of getting a 2013 CTS AWD luxury to replace my current sedan. Other than my corvette, which i love to drive as much as possible, I haven't owned an American car since 92 and this particular one just draws on my emotional heart strings. I just want it, don't need it, just want it. However, it's hard for me to take the rational Volvo driving person out of me, so I need some help with what to expect from the car as the years roll on. I expect issues, every car as them, but what kind ? How expensive? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OMG
04-28-13, 11:59 PM
You're getting a last year model. Pretty much cream puff, since all the annoying issues have been pretty much worked out since 2010+. Top it off you have warranty. From my experience researching this and many other cars before buying it, mechanically it is a very good car even the first year, yeah it had had some quirks at the begining. Test drive it. Take it for an extended drive for a weekend or week and see it how you like it. i think you will falll in love with it like I did.

Jagillac
04-29-13, 08:06 AM
I agree with OMG. My first American car is my '11 coupe and I fell in love after getting in it. I haven't looked back since my only regrets SOMETIMES is not getting the V haha but that brings me back to being thankful for not filling up as much.

They don't get amazing gas milage but honestly it's not bad at all. I average around 22mpg mixed driving and I drive a bit aggressive.

One thing is for sure, that smile you have driving your corvette won't go away when driving the CTS.

Hope you get it :-D

gohawks63
04-29-13, 09:47 AM
I agree with OMG. My first American car is my '11 coupe and I fell in love after getting in it. I haven't looked back since my only regrets SOMETIMES is not getting the V haha but that brings me back to being thankful for not filling up as much.

They don't get amazing gas milage but honestly it's not bad at all. I average around 22mpg mixed driving and I drive a bit aggressive.

One thing is for sure, that smile you have driving your corvette won't go away when driving the CTS.

Hope you get it :-D

Mine is a '12 and I feel the same, especially occasionally regretting not getting the V. :)