Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CEL = P1133 = New Cats???????

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Atv 
#1 ·
My 2011 V A6 coupe threw a CEL two weeks ago at 4786 miles, the car was going back to get a few back ordered parts installed (new lug nuts to fix clicking wheel) so dealer diagnosed as a faulty 02 sensor and replaced it with PN 12607410 (bank 1 sensor 1). 10 days later CEL returns, I make follow on appointment and wife drops off car as I was away on business trip last week.

They keep the car over 2 days (had to order parts) I get home yesterday and here's the complete list of parts they replaced, the car had 5003 miles on it and is/was supposed to be 100 OEM as it was a GM executive owned/driven vehicle, never privately titled until I bought it.

22940825 - Converter
22940824 - Converter
12607410 - Sensor
12615194 - F-Sensor
12607410 - Sensor
15032594 - Nut

This is the text on the receipt/work order:

Customer reports CEL, needs repair. Cause: Codes P1133, H2025 INSUFFICIENT SET UP TAC CASE. OK FOR CONVERTERS AND OXYGEN SENSORS. REPLACED CONVERTERS AND SENSORES, RELEARN AS NEEDED AND RETEST OK AND CLEAR CODES AND ROAD TEST AGAIN - OK.

As I returned from my business trip last night I haven't had a chance to speak with my service manager yet so I thought I see what you folks have to say on this. I did notice that my exhaust smelled nasty the few times I sat in while idling to set all the cars features, now it smells like any other new car, not like a pre-catted car from the 60's.

So what the hell was wrong with my car that it needed new cats at 5000 miles?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well that would explain the horrible smelling exhaust and lousy gas mileage. I tanked up yesterday and ran a 50 mile road trip and returned to the same pump and filled it back up. I used just at 2.5 gallons, which worked out to over 20.5 MPG, previously this trip would yielded about 15/16 MPG.

Can't wait to try get it out on the highway, my previous best was 20.4 MPG, I'm confident that increase the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.