: 2007 Escalade Sunroof Adjustment Question

Aerocoupe
04-28-13, 02:24 PM
Last night when driving in the rain we noticed the headliner just above passenger windshield pillar was getting wet. I figured it was the sunroof drains but I just finished checking all four drains and they are 100% clear with no blockage. When we got the car the fabric both pillar covers was saggy and I chalked it up to UV and the glue for the fabric disbonding and replaced them. Now I am starting to wonder if its the windshield leaking so I am going to take it to a guy and have him check it out. Anyhow, I completely removed the sunroof to inspect everything and clean the seal and the body where the sunroof seal makes contact. I was pretty dirty but nothing out of the ordinary so I reassembled the seal to the glass and started to reinstall the sunroof. This is when I noticed that like a complete idiot I did not mark the locations of the four tabs on the plastic tracks before removing it. Does anyone know how to properly adjust the sunroof or is it just supposed to be flush with the top of the roof line? Kinda lost here and do not want to take it to the dealer if I can keep from it as they are just ridiculous when it comes to small stuff like this.

Darren

kazza93203
04-28-13, 10:27 PM
Yes flush with roof line. A lot better to have a two person crew lol. One to hold and adjust and the other to tighten.

Aerocoupe
04-28-13, 10:38 PM
That is what I ended up doing. Took it out on one of the tollways and at 70ish no wind noise so that is good news. After I spent more time checking things out I am really convinced that the windshield is the culprit so I am going to have it checked this week to see if that is what is causing the leak.

Darren