: Rumors about discontinuation of the CTS coupe after the 2013 model year

Blocky
04-28-13, 07:20 AM
I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts are about this. As much as I adore this car, I wouldn't mind it being discontinued. That means there will be less of our cars out on the road and make the car even more special.

CTSing
04-28-13, 10:49 AM
This car is what several newer GM products were based off of because it was such a big success. They will not discontinue it. They already have a new body style developed (in the works) for the next generation CTS coupe.

next2pool
04-28-13, 01:35 PM
I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts are about this. As much as I adore this car, I wouldn't mind it being discontinued. That means there will be less of our cars out on the road and make the car even more special.

There is a new coupe but no wagon. The coupe will be a little late but prototypes are already spotted on the road.

C "T" ess
04-29-13, 12:25 PM
The prototypes are actually ATS coupes. There is also to be rumored to be an ATS convertible. The 2014 Coupe is simply a continuation of the 2013 model. I haven't seen anything regarding the length of the coupe run. As per C&D and Motor Trend, no Gen 3 or wagon is being considered at this time/

WEMTX
04-29-13, 02:35 PM
The continuation of the 2013 Coupe as a 2014 model is to allow a 2014 CTS-V.