Cadillac Owners Forum banner

06 STS W/Black Grill

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  LuisO. 
#1 ·
So i decided to paint my stock grill black...I like the look of the mesh grill but it's too pricey.
Let me know what you think...

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Nice look luis!

Also have a blue chip 06, i didn't want to mess with my oem grille so I ordered the e&g mesh grille 2 days ago and will be plasti dipping it and wrapping all the chrome trims on the car. Tinting the tails too

Also dipping the rims, the vossens will go in later on in the year

#6 ·
I thought about the Vynil until I saw a red ATS with the custom black top. I asked the owner if it was Vynil or paint, he said it was paint and it looked excellent. Besides, I think with the florida sun, the vynil will eventually start peeling.

#10 ·
I was thinking of doing something similar, but with automotive vinyl wrap. If you are going to do your roof, vinyl would be cheaper, and it can look great if done right. Google vainly wrapped vette to see some good pics. The wraps are designed to withstand the elements. I didn't see any issues with doing it here, and in AZ the sun is mf'er.

#14 ·
Now you guys got me thinking about the vynil....I got a qoute to paint the roof for $300.00...not sure how much cheaper vynil would be. Plasti dipping the rims? Sounds like a good idea.
@Swanka, I did it myself. Took me about 4 hours (That's including drying time) All you have to do is remove the grill, wash it, sand it down, wash it again, remove the Crest, prime it, then apply 3 to 4 coats of w.e color paint you want>

----------

So no problems with the vinyl? no fading or peeling?

#16 ·
Now you guys got me thinking about the vynil....I got a qoute to paint the roof for $300.00...not sure how much cheaper vynil would be. ?
Remember, a cheap paint job is just that, cheap. To get Cadillac quality it may cost a little more. Google search automotive vinyl. I think it was a site called auto vinyl solutions that sold 3M and Axis wraps at a pretty descent price. Or ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.