: MAF code P0101

CaddyEscalade
04-27-13, 03:40 PM
I have had this error code a couple if times in the past year and I'm not sure what I should do. There appears to be no problems with the vehicle, but I'm wondering if I should take some action to repair to avoid future problems? Is this a common error with these caddy's? It is a 2003 stock with k&n air filter. Thanks!

wesyder
04-27-13, 04:09 PM
I have had this error code a couple if times in the past year and I'm not sure what I should do. There appears to be no problems with the vehicle, but I'm wondering if I should take some action to repair to avoid future problems? Is this a common error with these caddy's? It is a 2003 stock with k&n air filter. Thanks!

My truck was getting that on hard accel, took out the k&n replacement and no engine light since

the cadillac man
04-27-13, 04:13 PM
Guys I have the k&n filter and I just cleaned the mass air flow sensor and haven't had that code come back that means the sensor is dirty and needs cleaning get some mass air flow sensor cleaner from a parts store and clean the sensor
Mine would do the code also on heavy acceleration
The sensor gets dirty from carbon build up not from the filter
Also make sure the filter in place properly(mine started after the guy at the oil change place decided to mess with it

wesyder
04-28-13, 02:13 AM
Guys I have the k&n filter and I just cleaned the mass air flow sensor and haven't had that code come back that means the sensor is dirty and needs cleaning get some mass air flow sensor cleaner from a parts store and clean the sensor
Mine would do the code also on heavy acceleration
The sensor gets dirty from carbon build up not from the filter
Also make sure the filter in place properly(mine started after the guy at the oil change place decided to mess with it

Haven't cleaned the sensor yet but the code has not returned with the stock filter, but sooner or later a complete cold air kit will be installed

the cadillac man
04-28-13, 02:23 AM
Haven't cleaned the sensor yet but the code has not returned with the stock filter, but sooner or later a complete cold air kit will be installed

I'd clean it before I installed the cold air kit
I think it was about six months after I got my truck I got the oil change(didn't know about the k&n filter at the time)and the guy pulled the filter out then didn't put it back in right which caused my sensor to get dirty over time(cleaned it once and it came back)

I ended up having to remove the sensor and cleaning it fully(then letting it dry) and making sure the filter was reseated properly with no gaps and the four screws tightened as tight as they would go I haven't had the code pop up since( other then the time my PCM acted up before it took a crap(the code popped up one time and that was it)
My moms 02 had this same code pop up (it also has a k&n filter) so as soon as warm wether is here to stay I will clean the sensor on it
I figure it is because of excess filter oil that gets sucked into the sensor after a fresh oiling of the filter(I haven't done either but mine is needing it soon)