: Plasti dip removal help: I think it is baked on!!

Trionalaw
04-27-13, 01:24 PM
The Plasti-dip website is experiencing a server overload so I am seeking assistance from this forum from which I usually get extraordinary assistance.
My 12-year-old daughter and I “murdered” the car (black on black in black 2012 CTS-V coupe six speed manual ( last year. The side I did did not turn out so well. She now wants to do the entire car herself. We have been trying to remove the Plasti dip and it is not coming off nearly as easily as reported. In fact, some parts are similar to being baked on.
Anyone have any ideas to assist us?
Lily and I thank you.
Enjoy your weekend.
Jim

thebigjimsho
04-27-13, 06:25 PM
Have any pics?

Trionalaw
04-28-13, 10:32 AM
I found on its website to spray on another layer which I might try this evening if my daughter is up for it. Two of the pictures show the problem pretty good(Samsang Galaxy Note II).

Much appreciated.

Jim

Can't seem to upload pix saved as jpg. Asssume it the "image" above that you use.Tried attachments off advanced and still not working. Sorry. By the way you can see the chrome through some of it!!!

Stillborn
04-28-13, 02:46 PM
try some bug, sap, & tar remover. ;)

mmmbacon
04-29-13, 01:49 PM
Put more coats on and try peeling it while its semi wet

Trionalaw
04-29-13, 04:15 PM
Much appreciated.

thebigjimsho
04-29-13, 10:37 PM
I'll try to post the pics tonight...

dr.duct_mossburg
04-30-13, 11:02 AM
Did it work?

I have had some friends that plasti-dipped their car's and said they would never do it again. A guy I know did his E63. Came back 4 months later and said that if you plasti-dip your car than it mean's you don't care about the finish. He sill has stuff wedged in behind the trim and in small area's. It was a nightmare for him.

Trionalaw
05-07-13, 09:16 AM
try some bug, sap, & tar remover. ;)

Stillborn,

Works with a little elbow grease and a microfiber towel.

Thanks,

Jim

thebigjimsho
05-07-13, 12:49 PM
Sorry I didn't get those pics up. I'm ditching my picturetrail account so I need to host elsewhere...

Trionalaw
05-08-13, 09:22 AM
not a problem. problem solved.

HUGN*RDS
05-12-13, 10:49 AM
I just used plastidip to color my stock front strut bar..went black with it. I wonder if it will be baked on because of its location above the engine?

V2California
01-09-14, 12:53 AM
If anything plasti dip protects your cars original finish. I used it on my 300 as well as a few of my friends cars and it goes on and comes off easily. You just have enough coats of the stuff if you want it to peel off like a sticker.

For those light applications or slight overspray, dipyourcar.com offers a citrus based cleaner that removes it easily, although I have never tried it because I've been able to use a microfiber towel, water and elbow grease to get any overspray I've needed off.

MoistCabbage
01-09-14, 01:43 AM
:welcome: