: 04 n/star loss of power t/c light

htmsupply
04-27-13, 12:12 PM
i have an 04 srx loss of power & t/c light comes on engine stalls sometimes won't restart sometimes it ok. changed throttle body & harness no help. the car just sitting idling & it just shuts off restarts ok then sometimes no throttle. please any suggestins, this car is unsafe to drive!!! thanks, mark

Sheepish
04-27-13, 12:26 PM
i have an 04 srx loss of power & t/c light comes on engine stalls sometimes won't restart sometimes it ok. changed throttle body & harness no help. the car just sitting idling & it just shuts off restarts ok then sometimes no throttle. please any suggestins, this car is unsafe to drive!!! thanks, mark

you replaced both the TB and the wiring? That's odd. I've had similar problems since I've gotten my car so that I went out and bought a code reader so I could get past the codes because once set it takes a while to get rid of them otherwise.

something that was mentioned to me by a GM dealer was that they're replacing the wiring and connectors from the TB to the ECM. I've had some luck gooping dielectric grease in there to help with the connection.

Also, could you have loose intake bolts thus allowing a large vacuum leak?

What codes are you setting?

SlimSpady
04-30-13, 02:36 PM
Hey I had very similar thing happen,
after I cleaned my throttle body, there's "throttle position relearn" process you have to do.
I found it on this site somewhere earlier, can't find it right now.
I think it was posted by user " KOT"
once I did this relearn process, it fixed the problem. I did it myself, and bought a cheap OBD2 reader at walmart and cleared the codes myself.
hope this helps.

htmsupply
05-01-13, 06:53 PM
ok just got back to this nightmare setting codes po122 & p0223 now she barley runs!!!

glake89
05-01-13, 07:15 PM
PM me your e mail and I can send PDF of diagnostic tomorrow if you are going to DIY.

htmsupply
05-02-13, 09:57 AM
ok this is what i found 4.98 volts on tps 1 & 2 disconnect throttle body & sesor 1 goes to 0v tried original throttle body it does the same the original was intermittant ap sensor voltage varies so possible ecm?

glake89
05-02-13, 03:49 PM
Go through the diagnostic I sent you. A few random readings by themselves don't mean much.

htmsupply
05-05-13, 08:49 AM
ok this is what i found tb harness was replaced . the wires were different colors than diagram, traced to ecm & found they were spliced again pinned each wire & found 2 wires in wrong pins corrected this & ok so far not sure because car ran good for 4 months then this problem thanks for the help!!!!!

socaldawg
05-23-13, 12:56 PM
Same exact vehicle/engine/problem. Have not had issue like this with car until now. Never replaced throttle body or any of the sensors. I thought I read another post stating the coil packs are sometimes cause of this issue? Anyone seen this?

Regards,
Milo

socaldawg
05-23-13, 07:56 PM
Update - dealer is replacing TB, sensors, and MAF connector on mine as we speak. $1200. GOOD TIMES

Regards,
Milo

1BadCadSTS
05-23-13, 09:22 PM
Waste

Sheepish
05-24-13, 09:31 AM
Wow...that's...a whole lot of money for some inexpensive parts. Stealership indeed.

Since I had similar issues I went thru the whole gamut of self diagnostics, even replacing my TB and buying the wiring pigtail for it. But I went thru and tightened down my intake bolts and still have the pigtail for the TB, haven't replaced it yet and it's been running good for a month now.

conedoctor
05-24-13, 11:35 AM
Blame poorly trained mechanics not the auto makers, people now just want to throw parts at things till they work.

My dad told me years ago we are a repair shop not a replace shop.