: Differences between a DTS & a CTS.

stormnn
04-27-13, 11:10 AM
Hi.
I'm thinking of trading my 06 DTS for a 11 or 12 CTS Sport Wagon. I haven't driven a CTS yet. Does anyone have personal experience with the 2 cars related to ride & performance, also what's is the difference between the 3.0 & 3.6 motors. I really like the looks of the Sport Wagon.
Norm

RippyPartsDept
04-27-13, 12:32 PM
DTS: front wheel drive V8
CTS: rear wheel drive V6

DTS: lots of interior space
CTS: cockpit interior by comparison

best thing to do is for you to drive the CTS (both the 3.0 and the 3.6 so you can feel the difference)

they are very different cars

billeee
04-27-13, 12:42 PM
My wife's car is a 2011 DTS and I own a 2012 CTS. Both are great vehicles, but at the same time, quite different.

The biggest differences are the ride and handling qualities. The DTS has a quieter smoother ride. The CTS handles better and feels "more connected" to the road. It's hard to beat the DTS for highway cruising but the CTS feels better to me in normal day to day driving.

I have the 3.0 liter engine in the CTS and it feels about as strong as DTS because of the lighter weight.

Back seat and trunk room is significantly less in the CTS but still adequate for me.

The CTS also has some available features (like a backup camera) that were never added to the DTS because it was slated to be discontinued.