: 3 Minor Issues - Mirror/Condensate/Fog??

TimRSRX777
04-26-13, 07:21 PM
Hi,

Three minor issues that I am hoping I can have the benefit of this forum's collective experience to get some feedback on:

1) Our outside Driver's side mirror looks like it got too close to a wood fire - the inside and outside lower corners are discolored a dark bronze color and it actually looks like a flame licked at the glass.. i am thinking this maybe has something to do with the auto dim feature?

2) The passenger side headlight has condensate on the inside of the headlight? Is there a bad seal somewhere? Or another common reason for this. Possibly relates to item 3.

3) The previous owner had a very minor hit on lower front right of the front bumper cover and that must have sprung the fog lamp loose on one side from it's moorings. Dealer said he'd charge us about $150 to remove the bumper cover and super glue or similar the fog lamp bracket back together? From what I have read on here you just remove wheel and inner wheel well liner (similar to replacing the bulb) and get at the fog lamp from there or is there an easier way to do it? Is a loose fog lamp common? I can't tell if a tab on fog lamp assembly broke off or screw is popped out?

Any enlightenment you can give me on the above 3 issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

08SRX
04-26-13, 09:54 PM
1. Discolored mirror is not reversible and can only be replaced. It is possible to replace the glass only. The discoloration can occur if the heating element is on for a very long time and damages the mirror surface.

2. The best way to fix this is to remove the headlamp unit and drill two small holes in the bottom of the unit to provide air circulation. You will never have another issue again and it will prolong bulb life. The problem is likely a crack in the unit or leaking seal and difficult to address directly. Drilling the small holes in the bottom will be invisible and work well. Just be careful where you drill.

3. Yes, you can simple remove the wheel well liner. If you turn the wheel you don't need to remove the wheel. You will need to investigate from there to see what is broken and how best to fix it.

JayTF1
04-26-13, 11:15 PM
/\ This /\

TimRSRX777
04-27-13, 02:58 AM
Thanks 08SRX.