: 2009 to 2010 apperance changes

CadaMike
04-26-13, 08:03 AM
I've been searching around for a while because I'm in the process of buying a 2009 or 2010 cts 3.6 DI AWD premium package.
So far, it appears to me that the biggest (appearance) difference throughout all of the trim packages is the side skirt addition
to the 2010 year model.

I've been looking for a premium package and have found that the price difference almost makes me want to go with the 2009.
However, I think the more sporty looking 2010 appearance makes it worth spending the extra money on a 2010. I can only
seem to find aftermarket body kits and I would definitely only want to install a stock looking kit on a 2009. Is this practical
and doable? I just can't seem to find any pictures or people who have done this.

Please help note other appearance differences here, if any, beside the wheels of course.
Thanks

json3144
04-26-13, 10:12 AM
E&G sells a factory "looking" skirt I put on my 08 sedan, looked great!

Overclock This
04-26-13, 12:11 PM
I've been searching around for a while because I'm in the process of buying a 2009 or 2010 cts 3.6 DI AWD premium package.
So far, it appears to me that the biggest (appearance) difference throughout all of the trim packages is the side skirt addition
to the 2010 year model.

I've been looking for a premium package and have found that the price difference almost makes me want to go with the 2009.
However, I think the more sporty looking 2010 appearance makes it worth spending the extra money on a 2010. I can only
seem to find aftermarket body kits and I would definitely only want to install a stock looking kit on a 2009. Is this practical
and doable? I just can't seem to find any pictures or people who have done this.

Please help note other appearance differences here, if any, beside the wheels of course.
Thanks

I find that the 08-09 without the clad looks more aggressive, especially in the front end.
I really notice this when looking at pictures side by side.

C "T" ess
04-26-13, 01:06 PM
You can get the parts right from the dealer. Then have them painted and installed. Call Chris at Rippy Cadillac. They are a supporting vendor. He's always a great wealth of knowledge.

CadaMike
04-26-13, 10:19 PM
Thanks guy's..I will see how much the addition will cost.

I still think nearly every car looks better with a set of clean side skirts.
IMO it makes it look more expensive and refined too. I really want a 2nd gen CTS
but now that the 3rd Gen is coming out, I want this one to hold it's looks.

I have an 03 CTS and I bought it completely base. I just really want to have all the
options possible with the 09 or 10.