: brake hoses

the blur
04-25-13, 09:21 PM
any hints on replacing front brake hoses ? I just took the tire off and took a quick look at it. Looks like the brake line wraps around, and you need to squeeze a line wrench in there.

Naf
04-28-13, 02:29 AM
a pic would be nice to help you out..

I find if you turn the wheels the opposite direction to the side you are on it gives you the most amount of space to work in. I would start by disconnecting the caliper first, keepin a rag near by to catch all the fluid. you then remove the other side of the hose from the hard line and install the new hose in reverse order...connect to the caliper last and turn the wheel complete left and right to see if the hose gets caught on anything or is stretched...

Have fun and dont forget to flush the old fluid out and replace with fresh fluid

----------

a pic would be nice to help you out..

I find if you turn the wheels the opposite direction to the side you are on it gives you the most amount of space to work in. I would start by disconnecting the caliper first, keepin a rag near by to catch all the fluid. you then remove the other side of the hose from the hard line and install the new hose in reverse order...connect to the caliper last and turn the wheel complete left and right to see if the hose gets caught on anything or is stretched...

Have fun and dont forget to flush the old fluid out and replace with fresh fluid

the blur
04-28-13, 07:46 AM
I did the fronts yesterday. The 1st side took me longer. Then the 2nd side was a breeze. And they are certainly cheap enough. Less than $20 each from GM.