: Newbie too

RosalieB
04-25-13, 05:13 PM
My name is Rosalie and I will be picking up my 2013 XTS this Monday :D This will be my 1st Cadillac and I am very excited to be joining this site. I have spent a couple of hours going through the various forums and to say the very least, this group is a dedicated bunch of car enthusiasts. This site may replace going to fb, lol! I absolutely love all the advice that is given by the various members and site admins. Looks like I'm going to be in some great company. Regards

Submariner409
04-25-13, 05:24 PM
Hiya, Rosalie .............. Not to be flip, but when all else fails, read the owner's manual. Pour a gin and bitter lemon (lime slice) and quietly surf through the car model and appearance forums. Take a hard look at a subscription to www.alldatadiy.com (http://www.alldatadiy.com) (The GM service manuals plus so much more - for THAT car - that you need to study to find out where it's all at). At the least, find a real GM/Helm service manual on eBay or (hold onto your credit card) www.helminc.com (http://www.helminc.com).

Strongly resist the urge to "make it better" by pouring various aftermarket snake oils and potions into the gas tank, coolant reservoir, or engine oil.

Keep it clean and don't be afraid to drive it to the max once in a while - engines hate to be "lazy".

orconn
04-25-13, 07:08 PM
Welcome, Rosalie, great to have you as a member. I will be looking forward to hearing all about your experiences as new XTS owner.

Ranger
04-25-13, 08:29 PM
:welcome:

Cadillac Kid03
04-25-13, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the forum and good luck on the XTS!

dkozloski
04-25-13, 09:41 PM
Drive it like you stole it.

77CDV
04-25-13, 10:24 PM
:welcome:

MrHolland
04-25-13, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!!

talismandave
04-26-13, 01:04 AM
Enjoy the new Cadillac. Hope you find equal measures of info and fun here at the forum!

EChas3
04-27-13, 09:03 PM
Welcome.

Take advice with a block of salt.

Hoosier Daddy
04-27-13, 11:12 PM
Take advice with a block of salt.
My brain hurts. I mean if your advice is to be suspect of advice, then I should doubt your advice and therefore SHOULD trust all forum advice. Did you by any chance write the I Mudd episode of Star Trek?

RosalieB
04-30-13, 10:40 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I drove my car home through a rain storm, so I already need a car wash! But, I set the cruise, listened to XM7 and 8, settled in for the 150 mile drive home. That was one sweet ride home. I do get a lot of laughs reading the back and forth (good-hearted I hope) barbs that are thrown around. That must be a guy thing. Anyway, any car cleaning advice?

CadillacLuke24
05-01-13, 12:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I drove my car home through a rain storm, so I already need a car wash! But, I set the cruise, listened to XM7 and 8, settled in for the 150 mile drive home. That was one sweet ride home. I do get a lot of laughs reading the back and forth (good-hearted I hope) barbs that are thrown around. That must be a guy thing. Anyway, any car cleaning advice?

Yup, it is :D

For cleaning, get a microfiber mitt for the car and wheels, and a good scrub brush for the tires. It's recommended to avoid dish detergent, so a good car wash brew is in order. Personally I like the regular Armor All stuff.

EChas3
05-01-13, 09:07 PM
I agree. If you do decide to wax your new car (not required with modern clearcoat but is great protection from the TX sun) wash it gently with mild soap that perserves that great waxed finish.

Inside, sneak up on any cleaning jobs with distilled water before using anything harsh.

Opinions vary.