: Service Parking Assist

tru2gtesv
04-25-13, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone has anyone experienced service parking assist issue

Ran-Dom32
04-25-13, 04:25 PM
my DIC has the same message, I called the dealership today & they said most likely one of the bumper sensors is bad, & they have to scan it to determine which one, (hopefully an outer one) they look easy enough to change...

tru2gtesv
04-25-13, 05:46 PM
my DIC has the same message, I called the dealership today & they said most likely one of the bumper sensors is bad, & they have to scan it to determine which one, (hopefully an outer one) they look easy enough to change...

Thx Ran do u know how to change

Ran-Dom32
04-25-13, 09:52 PM
no, but I'm going to attempt it, once I find out which one it is

tru2gtesv
04-25-13, 11:25 PM
no, but I'm going to attempt it, once I find out which one it is

It's mine goes in and out that's why I'm thinking its def on bumper

Ran-Dom32
05-01-13, 05:28 PM
update, I went to the local dealership today, & the tech scanned it... & the outer left sensor was bad, he popped it out (took him about 30 seconds) swapped it to the passenger side , scanned it again, & the issue showed up on the passenger side, anyway I ordered a new one ($160) will be here tomorrow, looked on ebay after the fact & found new ones for $50 painted to match... (so I got raped by the dealer) but they did not charge me for the diagnoses , I'll update once I plug in the new sensor

Ran-Dom32
05-02-13, 10:59 AM
good to go, plugged in new sensor, & everythings back to normal, no more service park assist message :)

tru2gtesv
05-02-13, 11:59 AM
good to go, plugged in new sensor, & everythings back to normal, no more service park assist message :)

Awesome glad to hear do they normally scan them for free

blackex
05-02-13, 12:02 PM
Wouldn't it be possible by covering up each sensor one at a time and testing in reverse whether an object is detected to determine which one might have stopped working?

Ran-Dom32
05-02-13, 12:53 PM
no, they charge to scan... & once 1 sensor is bad they whole park assist function no longer operates, so yoiu test method would not work

blackex
05-02-13, 12:55 PM
Ah I gotcha, didn't know that.

Pillow
05-20-13, 09:33 PM
Of course right after I am out of bumper-to-bumper coverage the parking sensor goes out this morning.... Grrr.

But thanks for the information looks like a simple fix once diagnosed.